It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I object to this blatant disinformation and propoganda by ATS on their home page

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We shouldn't be surprised at this.... As I pointed out before This poster "Just Wondering" has a history of playing down the seriousness of the gulf spill... And from what I gathered this person has a more extensive history here on ATS reducing his/her credibility even more...

It would be prudent to keep in mind that there are certain "organizations" who would stop at nothing to put a halt to bad publicity. We at ATS acknowledge this fact as there is fear of disinfo agents trying to warp our discusions on ATS. Everybody should at all times keep an open mind, deny ignorance and base their opinions on FACTS. The backgroundpicture of ATS has nothing to do with what we do here... the seasoned posters wont be influenced by it. Only random bypassers would potentially gain an influenced opinion on the matter.

I wont go so low as to point a finger, screaming AGENT... but I am very inclined to do so....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
An ATS member calling for the removal of material on ATS.

Fascinating.

...Calling for the removal of material put forth by the site owner on the homepage that may be misconstrued as being bias and/or propaganda of this site.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

If ATS wants to take a stand on this issue, I have NO problem with that. If ATS says, "This particular issue is important enough for us to break with the past and take a public position on - and we're taking it now", I am in full support! There's nothing wrong with that at ALL, IMO.

And I happen to agree with the position 100%.

I would just suggest you take the "we" out of the banner for liability purposes, so it doesn't look like a quote.

And in the future, ATS will have to say that they "rarely" take a position on issues.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

I know that the full extent of this disaster is probably beyond imaginition, so I guess objectivity doesn't really matter now, if were all screwed anyway.

But on the other hand, most people aren't to happy with BP right now anyways, why a banner that's beating a dead horse?

It sure is not going to plug up the well or clean up the oil.

And people forget the role of the US government in this, they approved the drilling and they are just as responsible imo.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We do need the oil, we are all responsible, we all use and demand petroleum products in our daily lives.

WE are addicted, WE can blame the government, WE can blame BP, but like it or not WE are the reason they were drilling there in the first place.

Break the addiction and you are no longer guilty, and can remove yourself from the WE in that banner.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

We do all know there are disinfo agents on ATS. I am convinced that the OP Just Wondering, is one of those and he has succeeded in getting ATS to remove a banner that is biased against his company BP.

For those who don't believe me, go read his threads and his posts in other threads. Like I said earlier, we need dissenters here. We need people to offer opinions other than their own.

But the OP's continued denial of the magnitude of the spill is as bad in my opinion as denial of the Holocaust.

And it is unfortunate that he has again succeeded in his mission.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
People on either side of this debate have to agree, BP is at fault here. Bringing attention to the sub forum using the banner is fine. In the case of libel, the offended party would have to prove damage based on a false statement made by someone. I see no statement that could not be proven true in the banner.

To those of you saying that ATS has chosen a side in the debate, I disagree that the banner does that. The owners may have taken a side, just as members have but the banner does not indicate that the owners have chosen a side, it simply brings the casual viewer into the forums to discuss it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Editorialized imagery that reflects the general tonality of member discussions and opinions has been used before. One example...

...and also in similar imagery used to promote the new 2012 forum, the new Political Madness forum, and the Katrina Conspiracies forum.

The parody of advertising campaigns and messaging is a rather time-honored editorialization technique for expressing strong opinions in a quickly-digestible manner. The previous version of the banner utilized several aspects of BP's previous ad campaigns that expressed environmental concern and a "beyond petroleum" marketing slogan. In my opinion, the original version brought attention to the new forum while highlighting how the discussion of our members in that forum is contrary and contradictory to the messaging in BP's global marketing efforts... making it a compelling and valid statement.

It's my firm belief that the only "side" we took in this was that of our members, and calling attention to the overwhelming majority of opinions expressed by our members, as portrayed in an ad parody.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

There were no quotation marks used . There is nothing whatsoever to indicate that ATS has attributed it as a quote by BP .

I took the word "we" in the context of 'we' who use and need the oil .

You're reading too much into this .

Get over it .

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just Wondering, you are perfectly free to start your own forum/community where you make the rules you know, right?

If the new banner were slanderous or libelous, the site owners would certainly be aware. They have lawyers too, that are paid well to protect their client's interests. Try looking at a site like rense. They are extremely anti-zionist, yet they haven't been shut down. How about AJ? The list goes on.

This is a free site for people who want to be involved with this site. Your individual concerns are outweighed by many other people who believe the exact opposite as you. You may think its wrong, as is your prerogitive, yet many more agree with the new banner.

BTW, I like it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know what ATS has a right to an opinion just like everyone here. I am sick of tired of everyone being PC and getting their wittle feelings hurt about everything.

Grow up. If you don't like the banner don't look at it.

You still have a right to say your opinion too. For a little while anyway.

Our government will be taking that away very soon as well.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmmm,,, I am not an American. But following these disasters and US politics as closely as i can with as many as news sources possible. I came here and joined this forum hoping one day there'll be a change in America leading to a change in the World. I hope we dont give in to this disinfo agents or whatever again.

Bashing or beating BP is because of their controversial ways in handling the crisis not allowing people to know the extent of damage or being honest in releasing the steps they are taking in stopping this destruction. How are people supposed to know if BP is telling the truth about all their efforts if there is no proper press coverage? There is a lot of things that is not right here. It has been discussed extensively in all other threads.

One thing i want to say about if you guys want a real change in government is dont go for riots. They are prepared to handle that. They have the resources to handle that.

Go for non cooperation. Dont cooperate with your government in every possible way. This they cant handle. Remove every shadow member behind the government and organisations. Go against Federal Reserve. Your country will be changed for good.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm allowed to use this banner for myself right?
say.. in art?
I'll probably use it regardless,
just wanted to see. lol
thanks.
p.s.. whoever makes some of these icons/logos.. (ie, the new BP one, niice work!)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic... ATS prides itself on not taking a side in issues and this banner sure does appear to come down on a particular side. Strongly.

WTH!?

Who says ATS can't take sides on an issue?

Especially when there are facts that lead to reasonable conclusions.

But clearly the banner was meant to be facetious. It sounds to me like people who profit off of corporate greed and malfeasance are nervous.

Not you BH, but people...

BoA to limit duration of trades with BP

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think this banner just shows how fed up the administration and members of this board are with the oil spill.

It's is more an expression of how powerless we feel against all this corporate corruption.

Sadly BP is just a part of the mess oil companies cause worldwide every year.

The fact that you OP are complaining about your stocks makes me question your sincerity/integrity and makes me wonder what your agenda is on ATS.

GM

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Editorialized imagery that reflects the general tonality of member discussions and opinions has been used before. One example...

Bill, you know better than that. That political ad doesn't take sides, it is anti- Washington not any particular party. That would be accurate if your anti-BP ad would have been anti-Petroleum industry instead.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
That political ad doesn't take sides

No... perhaps not (at least from a broad ATS point of view... a lobbyist may think differently). But it's an example of my point that we have often used editorialized imagery to succinctly communicate the tonality and direction of member discussion on ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I say Keep it up, until you get the cease and desist order.

DOWN WITH BP!!!!!

Korg.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
That political ad doesn't take sides,

Exqueeze me?

There are sides. Pro Washington & embedded power base, and anti. You think there aren't sides? That may be the biggest issue of sides currently in play. Washington, the string pullers, military industrial complex, international bankers, and their collective minions, lackeys, and hangers-on vs everyone else.

You're either on the bus, or off the bus.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join