It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we get our military to forcibly remove Obama from office?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Americans over throw the government every time there is a election,in some form or the other.

We are going to just have to wait and hopefully change who is in charge of the administration in couple of years.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What I find interesting is all the people above just don't get it that yes, we Can, and do have the Right to over throw Our Government.

Jefferson certainly believed this when he drafted the Declaration of Independence:

" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security"

This has all come to pass with our present Government. What did these colonist do to secure their freedom? They fought the English with Guns!

Is this wise? Only if you have the people to pull it off and the guns to back it up. In the Constitution it states that we have the right to bear arms for what purpose?

" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A Militia. Whats it supposed to do? To protect the security of the free state. To keep the people Free. How? By force if necessary, otherwise why have the guns.. just for show.. I do not think so.

They were giving the people the means to keep themselves Free from Government tyranny just like they themselves went through with England.

So do we have the right to over throw this government for our Freedom.. yes, You betcha. signed sealed endorsed and delivered by the U.S. Constitution and Our Founding Fathers.

Treason.. of course! But Big Fat Hairy Deal. They only consider it treason because they would be on the receiving end. The problem is 0ur Government is so big and corrupt and so powerful, the citizens could never manage it.. but we do have that Right.

That's why they want to take away our guns.. to be sure they keep control so we cannot do what our constitution compels us to do and defend ourselves against them.

All you people who right away said it was treason, and no you can't and so on.. if you know a smattering of history.. why didn't you mention these things instead of jumping on the OP like you did. I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Let us not forget it was Jimmy Carter who took the guns out of our troops hands... while state side. Carter feared a coup. Now we have a President who is 10 times as bad as Carter, So I am sure the guns are in super lock down. Fort Hood would have never happened if soldiers we're allowed to cary firearms with them at all times.. Thanks Jimmy

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
What I find interesting is all the people above just don't get it that yes, we Can, and do have the Right to over throw Our Government.

Jefferson certainly believed this when he drafted the Declaration of Independence:

" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security"

This has all come to pass with our present Government. What did these colonist do to secure their freedom? They fought the English with Guns!

Is this wise? Only if you have the people to pull it off and the guns to back it up. In the Constitution it states that we have the right to bear arms for what purpose?

" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A Militia. Whats it supposed to do? To protect the security of the free state. To keep the people Free. How? By force if necessary, otherwise why have the guns.. just for show.. I do not think so.

They were giving the people the means to keep themselves Free from Government tyranny just like they themselves went through with England.

So do we have the right to over throw this government for our Freedom.. yes, You betcha. signed sealed endorsed and delivered by the U.S. Constitution and Our Founding Fathers.

Treason.. of course! But Big Fat Hairy Deal. They only consider it treason because they would be on the receiving end. The problem is 0ur Government is so big and corrupt and so powerful, the citizens could never manage it.. but we do have that Right.

That's why they want to take away our guns.. to be sure they keep control so we cannot do what our constitution compels us to do and defend ourselves against them.

All you people who right away said it was treason, and no you can't and so on.. if you know a smattering of history.. why didn't you mention these things instead of jumping on the OP like you did. I just don't get it.

Oh I get it now...you want to change the discussion to our right to bear arms...when the original post here was calling for the Forcible Removal by The Military" of POTUS. The OP did not even give any details on potential constitutional violations.....so he called for a Military coup...plain and simple!

If we really did live in a dictatorship he would have been immediately arrested for a crime against the state, sedition and Treason....but I digress.

So let me ask you WHO exactly is coming to take your guns away? I live in Texas and I just haven't heard that one before...except from paranoid lunatics

Your statement "That's why they want to take away our guns.. to be sure they keep control so we cannot do what our constitution compels us to do and defend ourselves against them."

Please outline for us in detail WHO are you expecting to walk into your home and take your guns away? I have yet to hear ANY POTUS over the last 30 years say anything that even comes close to that statement,

Finally, since you appear to be supporting the original premise of this thread, please provide us with some legitimate Constitutional violations and Impeachable offense's that POTUS has committed....other than your personal policy disagreements! If and when you do that, then we can research some FACTS and come to a realistic conclusion on those facts rather than some type parroting from your local talk radio station. Provide some proof and I can assure you there are people here that are qualified to check it out. But running around telling folks to focrcibly overthrow POTUS outside the legal bounds of our Constitution is only going to get someone hurt...and I can assure you it won't be the Military!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Everyone:

Did you just skip over paragraph #3 in my original post for the he11 of it????? I volunteered my time to assist any qualified attorney to find and present a legal case for the military to do what I hypothetically asked.

* Some of you read my thread title and immediately responded.
* Some of you interpreted things the way you wanted even after reading it.
* Some of you have very valid points.
* I salute a couple of you.
* My pain medication I had to take earlier is kicking in full speed so I better get outta here. (While I'm still making sense and before I get banned from ATS for telling a couple of you what you need to be told.)
* Oh yeah, before I forget, this has nothing to do with skin color as one person suggested. If you can run our great country better than your opponents, you can be Martian green for all I care. Got it?

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Pleas explain how your right to overthrow the government trumps my right to have the president I (an AMERICAN) voted for?

What would make any of your rights more valuable than mine?

Think I am alone?

You are talking about civil war, not fixing anything. Get a history book and see if that is really what you want again.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Americans love power, love money, love weaponry, love applying deadly force to the weak and helpless, and love the corruption that brings all these good things to America.

So you love true evil, if it makes life easy and good....................
Vice corruption and immorality are every Americans birth right.

Who cares how corrupt government is, as long as America is top dog in the world, gasoline is cheap, and the Dow Jones is going up.

The Flim-Flam liar in the White House is the ultimate absoluter American.

Truth Justice, freedom, and democracy is for suckers and fools..
Kill to get rich, is the all American way.
Honesty. integrity, and faith in God, and the US Constitution, is for wimps and losers.

You get the government YOU TRULY DESERVE.

And it is going to destroy you all.

God bless America........................

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Relax a little bit. We are not our leaders. Blaming ALL AMERICANS for anything you have come to perceive the country as makes it exactly as bad as what you are condemning. There or more than enough Americans that are happy to kill every brown person in the middle east because they really believe every person there wants us dead. Some of us are not that retarded. You blasting all of us for what some do is the same thing. Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocritical ethnocentrism.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Relax a little bit. We are not our leaders. Blaming ALL AMERICANS for anything you have come to perceive the country as makes it exactly as bad as what you are condemning. There or more than enough Americans that are happy to kill every brown person in the middle east because they really believe every person there wants us dead. Some of us are not that retarded. You blasting all of us for what some do is the same thing. Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocritical ethnocentrism.

So what you are saying is, all Americans have absolutely no responsibility for anything your Government does.

Fair enough.

But don't expect the enemies your nation has made over the years to come to your rescue, when your rabid government turns upon YOU with martial law.

For seven years, the entire world has poured massive aid into Iraq, to help those long suffering Iraqi people fight the military of your government.
Despite over 1.6 million dead, they are not only holding out, but doing so rather well, with our help.

When martial law arrives in the US, we foreigners that have been shot at, threatened, bombed, invaded, assassinated, plundered, raped and tortured by Americans will not be pouring aid into America to help you fight your own government.

Trust me, that is never going to happen.

The Iraqis have successfully held out for seven years against the US military, but only because of huge continuous support from the entire world.

Americans will be facing a "Waco" like situation in their own home suburbs, and the entire world will say you deserve every bit of what is coming.

When the US military surrounded Fallujah with overwhelming force, and killed every civilian man, woman, child and animal, and every living thing, in that wretched place, Americans cheered.

When the US military surround YOUR American suburb, and do exactly the same thing, nobody anywhere in the world is going to give a crap.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Declaration of Independence was not drafted as a governing document. The US Constitution IS a governing document. Further, the founding fathers saw fit to include within the Constitution Article 3 Section 3 which states:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
Source

Treason by definition is

treason n the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war
Source

Further, the purpose of the Declaration of Independence according to Snopes

The purpose of the Declaration was to explain to the American colonists why the Continental Congress felt it necessary to break with Great Britain, and to justify their actions to the rest of the world.

In so far as the law states, I would reference Cornell Law

U.S.C. Title 18 Part I Chapter 115 § 2385 Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
I do not think you are going to have any success with this venture from any lawyer as it is illegal.

Further to add that this is not a second amendment issue, but since it has been suggested the reason for the second amendment is to protect us against government, I must say the purpose behind the second amendment was to protect us against a standing army.
Wikipedia
Lect Law

Now do you still want the military to take control? It does not seem, at least to me, the framers of the Constitution wanted the military in charge of anything. Nor do I think our military would ever contemplate such a thing since it would violate the oath to the Constitution, and that my friend is where the allegiance lies.

Now...it is time to go have some more coffee

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CBS01
Words

4 years ago, anyone who even remotely suggested that about Bush, would be called out as a traitor, a terrorist lover and an anarchist.

You're either with us or against us was the motto back then, funny to see the sore loosers that the republicans are resort to things they condemned for years themselves.

Where was your thurst for revolution back?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As an outsider looking in and wanting to understand can someone just explain what these 'illegal actions' Obama is guilty of?

Wasn't he elected in accordance with The USA's allegedly 'democratic' electoral procedure?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

My friend, while I respect your anger, frustrations and obviously desperate attempts to a solution to what is going on with our government, I have to be honest with you, is not the politicians the ones that are running our nation is the money interest that are buying our elected officials in Washington.

Asking for a movement like taking a president is not solution at all if the money interest is not wiped out from the halls of congress first.

Just remember that. . .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

So what you are saying is, all Americans have absolutely no responsibility for anything your Government does.

Fair enough.

Well, do you really think I should suffer because of things done by leaders I did not vote for or support? Remember, Geoge Bush was appointed by the Supreme Court - who are appointed by presidents. You want to hold me responsible for that?

But don't expect the enemies your nation has made over the years to come to your rescue, when your rabid government turns upon YOU with martial law.

My enemies? Who are my enemies? Who do you think I expect to save me? Besides, Canada is just across the river. I do not expect anyone from anywhere to save me. Unfortunately, were it the other way around and I could do something, I would. Good for you, though.

For seven years, the entire world has poured massive aid into Iraq, to help those long suffering Iraqi people fight the military of your government.
Despite over 1.6 million dead, they are not only holding out, but doing so rather well, with our help.

Are you seriously blaming me for a war I never supported?

When martial law arrives in the US, we foreigners that have been shot at, threatened, bombed, invaded, assassinated, plundered, raped and tortured by Americans will not be pouring aid into America to help you fight your own government.

Shucks. I bet you have some really good Papaya to send too.

Trust me, that is never going to happen.

Trust me, neither is Marshal Law in the US. Keep hoping though. It must feel nice to wish harm on an entire nation of PEOPLE because of their government. Where are you from again? I would like to know what your government does that I should hold against you.

The Iraqis have successfully held out for seven years against the US military, but only because of huge continuous support from the entire world.

They enjoy your papaya?

Americans will be facing a "Waco" like situation in their own home suburbs, and the entire world will say you deserve every bit of what is coming.

You speak for the whole world now? Why are you on ATS and not EVERY NEWS CHANNEL IN THE WORLD? Or do you maybe think a bit too much of yourself? Since you think I will begging you to come save me, I guess the latter.

When the US military surrounded Fallujah with overwhelming force, and killed every civilian man, woman, child and animal, and every living thing, in that wretched place, Americans cheered.

All of them?

When the US military surround YOUR American suburb, and do exactly the same thing, nobody anywhere in the world is going to give a crap.

OK. Well, I promise not to come begging you for papaya when it all goes down. Should be any minute now. Alex Jones says That as Bush slips out of office and Clinton slips in, it is finally really gonna happen this time.

Thanks for wishing me personally and every other American harm. You must be an amazing person to be able to speak for the world and judge so harshly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I fail to see what actions that Obama has taken that's worse than other presidents to a degree that would require an illegal/unconstitutional military overthrow. An action that would destroy this country and make every so called patriot that supports the action guilty of high treason against the country they claim to love.

I can guarantee you a government created with military force is not going to be the constitutional utopia that you are hoping for. It will be far worse than what you dislike now. Martial law, suspension of basic constitutional rights, possible political trials and even purges. It will be tyranny wrapped in the America flag.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Oh...oh

Yes, it does. The UN Human Rights Committee (UNHRC) has found on several occasions that Australia has breached the fundamental human rights of people living in Australia.

In 1980 the Fraser government ratified the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), one of the main international human rights treaties. In 1990 Australia acceded to the First Optional Protocol to the ICCPR, which allows individuals to take complaints about violations of their human rights to the UN Human Rights Committee.

Since 1990 the UNHRC has heard almost fifty complaints against Australia. In seventeen (17) of those cases, the UNHRC found that Australia violated ICCPR rights. While some Australians find it embarrassing or outrageous that a foreign tribunal can sit in judgment of Australia, Australia does not have a Bill of Rights so our own courts cannot hear complaints about human rights violations.

The table below summaries those violations. The table is followed by a summary of each case.
source

The skylight effect of that glass house must be amazing, or are mandatory indefinite sentences in a country with no human rights a good thing to do to people? I guess you are guilty of locking people up forever for immigration violations and I should hate you for the. I do not want to even get into your countries sex and racism nonsense.

Sorry about the papaya joke, I did not realize it was kangaroo and koala I was going to have to suffer without.

Tell me, does it make me a better or lesser that I do not have any problem with you based on anything your government does?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
.......and yet, still no one reads my original 3rd paragraph nor my other two replies in here with the brief explanations that I referred to nothing illegal nor treasonous.......my error was not going into enough detail and assuming, awww nevermind, I screwed this up by assuming everyone's intelligence level.....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CBS01
.......and yet, still no one reads my original 3rd paragraph nor my other two replies in here with the brief explanations that I referred to nothing illegal nor treasonous.......my error was not going into enough detail and assuming, awww nevermind, I screwed this up by assuming everyone's intelligence level.....

What do you think we missed? It does not matter how you remove a democratically elected leader. I am an American, please explain to me your legal method for overturning my choice without my consent.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Ok. You say you wish to legally remove Obama from office. First of all, he must be impeached, which means we must refer to the Constitution again...see a pattern here?

According to Article One Section Two source

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

and Article One Section Three source

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.
And impeachments do not necessarily mean removal from office. Case in point, former President Clinton was impeached and remained in office.

Hence your street corner lawyer cannot help you with this. And neither can the military.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
be glad you have freedom of speech.

I'm not so sure that suborning treason is covered by our laws protecting freedom of speech...in fact, I'm willing to bet good money that it isn't (and that's without consulting my friend who is a Con. Law expert).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join