It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Disaster: Please Distribute Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I didn’t want this issue to become political, it was just our intension to see what was happening and help in some way in the Gulf of Mexico instead of watching government driven media telling us otherwise.

What we saw is now dwarfed by what is happening now and we knew it could only get worse. We saw masses of oil polluting pristine marshes and animals affected by crude oil in the ocean and on the shores.
What we also saw was pristine breeding grounds now polluted with oil and colonies wiped out with nothing to help them beforehand, you just knew the inevitable was about to happen.

We travelled over 100 miles along once pristine marshes and coastline without seeing any helpers employed by BP.

We tried to help in anyway we could but we were shunned away as BP were running the show and you had to have their permission. They had license to drill NOT pollute the oceans and coastlines, how the hell does this work?

Because i was working for the media i could get into places off limits to others and it killed me! the horror was not a nightmare that you could wake up from, this was real…

My wife was threatened with arrest if she touched any animals oiled or dying yet you could not find help if you tried.

As an audio guy, I captured sounds from the disaster and also from untouched habitat, but I did manage to make this short film of our feelings.
I would like to take this time to ask you to distribute this to as many people as you can, friends, colleagues and family. This will only get worse but this will show what it was like at the beginning.

vimeo.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

First of all I would like to thank you for making this video to help the rest of us really see what is looks like near the spill. It was heartbreaking to see the landscape and disturbing to hear that BP is using convicts as our first line of clean-up defense. Albeit convicts can't take any pictures and are easily controlled, so I don't expect anything to be really cleaned up by them.

I hope POTUS follows through on his statement to hold BP totally accountable and begin by attaching their assets to the 20 billion dollar clean-up escrow fund! We'll see.

Flag and star my friend..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
great video (in regards to showing what is happening)

its a real sad state of affairs.

but unfortunately this will happen again, once this massacre is finally finished give it another 5 - 10 years it will happen again.

dependency on oil will carry on and people will forget about this untill it does happen somewhere in the world again (and it will).

we will never learn untill something seriously catastrophic happens.

free energy anybody?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by smokersdelight85]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LynchBP

What a butthead you are

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Mark98SS]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Very interesting video.

We're not being told half of what is going on again.

Our enviroment is shot to hell in the Gulf - all for money.

We've sold our soul, our planet in the name of greed.

new topics

top topics

join