It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Causes" Fund raising by ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Dear ATS Gurus,

Would it be possible to look into setting up a "Causes" section / poll or fund raising mechanism that ATS members can all get behind and contribute to?

This way it would not be individual soliciting and the cause itself can be pre-approved by you the board members?

It would be a noble thing to say "Hey Mr XYZ" the crew at ATS wanted to donate this to you for your efforts.

You could some how integrate the causes sponsored into peoples profiles in an effort to show what they support?

Just a thought.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by jpvskyfreak]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
it would infest ATS with "causes".

and by causes i mean spam.

::edit to clarify:: it is a positive idea at heart though, i dont mean to just shoot it down

[edit on 16-6-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
it would infest ATS with "causes".

and by causes i mean spam.

Agreed!

OP nice thought but I like ATS the way it is. I don't want people telling me to donate to this or that. If I want to donate I will do it on my own accord.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

One persons worthy cause is another persons unworthy drivel.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Terms and Conditions. cover this already

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

None starter I'm afraid.

Thread closed.

top topics

join