It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Steven Greer in England (New info)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
The guy used to be a trauma doctor. Those guys makes hundreds of thousands of dollars, his daughter is a neuroscientist, his father helped build the lunar module, thats enough credibility to put his opinions above 99% of people.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by rajaten]

I am astounded that anyone would think one persons opinion is worth more than anyone elses
Why idolise anyone? Why put yourself down? We must think for ourselves and not put someone's opinion above our own just because they claim to be more knowledgeable or because of something one of their relatives (I think it was an uncle, btw that greer claims to be connected with lunar module, unless he has changed his story!) did.

The main reason I became sceptical of Dr Greer, is that he says he can contact and 'vector in' UFO's. If he can do this what is he waiting for? He could summon one to appear at the World cup or at the Gulf of Mexico right now, that would certainly be disclosure.....

.....but he doesn't, he charges individuals $1000 to do it all privately.

I don't think we have to throw the baby out with the bath water, the disclosure project testimonies are excellent. It's just a shame that Greer's motives seem to have changed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

ever heard of the little boy who creid wolf, in the end the wolf bit him on the ass and no one beleaved him
So what, he's human, everybody makes mistakes, why are you so quick to crucify him and discount everything he's ever accomplished, without even knowing the exact circumstances of his situation. I can see why he's not to be trusted, but he's work must be looked at rationally...if you throw it all in the trash because one part is rubbish, you might be accidentally throwing away pure gold along with it...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonguy

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Say what you want about Greer MMN, you can't discount and debunk the hundreds of high status people he's interviewed in the disclosure project. The problem with skeptics, once they think they've debunked one thing, they think they've debunked it all. You can't simply claim everything Greer does is a hoax because you suspect what MIGHT be a photo of a moth isn't what he says it is, or if he charges money for products which you DON'T HAVE TO BUY...

So true! Dr Greer walks the talk, contrary to so many other UFOlogist

His 2001 National press coverage was and still is amazing to this day, was that a hoax's?...

What Dr Greer is doing is showing EVERYTHING that happens no matter what people think, there is no secret with him! THAT IS THE KEY!! NO SECRETS, he show tells shares everything and anything that happens in his expeditions, that my friend is gold! if only the governments would do the same, we wouldn't be in the dark.

All Dr Greer's interviews are credible, that we all know, the problem is WE don't understand or see how UFO manifests, we have an idea, base on Movies and TV show but it has nothing to do with that, that is the reason we have a hard time understanding or accepting what we see when they truly manifest.

What ever people say about Dr Greer, unless you can achieve all the interviews and books and expeditions that he has done an is still doing!
He will always be one of the most respected expert in the UFO subject.

Just listen to what he says in Ancient Alien 2010, in which he is interview becasue.... he is the real deal!

Wow... that's a pretty hard sell.

So what's your affiliation with Greer, "Moonguy"?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So what, he's human, everybody makes mistakes, why are you so quick to crucify him

Nobody was "quick" to crucify him - he had years and years to prove himself. All he did was prove himself a hoaxer and a fraud. If you believe in Greer you're only fooling yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

Greer is a proven hoaxer.

Greer presented a picture of a moth to the world & proclaimed it was an alien light being......here is that hard to find picture, with body parts labelled by a fellow ATS member!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a103947298.jpg[/atsimg]

When Greer was challenged about that moth picture, he withdrew it from his website.

Suppose you wanted to see Greer.....

Greer would charge you & 30 other people $1,000 each to sit on the beach with him for a few hours. Greer earns more than $30,000 for 1 night on the beach.

Greer doesn't charge $100 or $200 per person.....Greer charges $1,000 + accommodation, etc..., with no cost structure or expenses incurred. It all goes in Greer's pocket.

And then.....when you figure out you just got ripped off, you realise you can’t tell anybody because.....

You’d already signed the mandatory NDA:

www.cseti.org...

You’d already signed the mandatory liability release:

www.cseti.org...

You’d already signed the "Ambassador Agreement":

www.cseti.org...

So.....you find out the hard way that Greer is a scam artist who is taking money out of people's pockets by taking advantage of their vulnerability & their gullibility.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

Greer's been proven to be a hoaxer in which court room and by what jury, MMN? Maybe to you Greer is a hoaxer, so say it like it is. Your opinion is not proof at all although you seem to think so.

Your depiction of a moth is subjective, objective and ridiculous. I don't see a moth anymore than I see a light-being so until there's concrete proof of a lie.......Greer is genuine.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
[So what, he's human, everybody makes mistakes, why are you so quick to crucify him and discount everything he's ever accomplished, without even knowing the exact circumstances of his situation. I can see why he's not to be trusted, but he's work must be looked at rationally...if you throw it all in the trash because one part is rubbish, you might be accidentally throwing away pure gold along with it...

for the simple reason that it detracts from real proof if any out there, that they do exsit.

lets apply a little common sense to what you said.
choosing to put something you know to be a lie, in with something you know is ture or think to be ture to prove your point, is nothing but pure decite. and if a person keeps on doing it time and time again, then removes said lie, with out explaition or acknowledagement of doing so, hoping that people wont call you on it or forget about it, and hoping that future viewers of said info will never know what you did is nothing but wrong

lets face it, theres a lot of people out there who believe, me being one
but when you have people using lies and decite to make a buck, or whackos who will use any thing under the sun to show that et is real, it takes away from the belief or proof from us that we may use to show others, who dont believe as we do that it may all be ture.

cant you just see the non believers and the folks who want to keep the cover up going, saying look they have to use lies and cg to to make thier point.
no i think he made his choice to do it this way, and it was not a mistake.
a mistake being something done wrong with out knowing it was wrong.
not by misrepresention of something you know is one thing when you know it was somrthing else.

No I Prefer My Gold Not to Be Tantied Thank You Very Much

i'm not a very good editor i cut off the name and his quote some
my reply was to choas

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hounddoghowlie]

(post by Moonguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Say what you want about Greer MMN, you can't discount and debunk the hundreds of high status people he's interviewed in the disclosure project.

No one needs to debunk these "hundreds". The onus is on Greer and his supporters to prove these claims are real. The burden of proof is on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
Greer's been proven to be a hoaxer in which court room and by what jury, MMN?

The court of critical-thinking. It is consensus not just here on ATS but among the UFO research community that Greer is a hoaxer. This is based a preponderance of evidence that Greer is less than trustworthy, built on years of hoaxes and lies.

Greer claims to have briefed CIA director James Woosley on the UFO phenomenon for "hours". This is not true.

Greer has stolen the work of others and put his own name on it.

Greer has made outrageous claim after outrageous claim, based on "unnamed sources" or telepathic communication with aliens claims that are either not true or he can produce no supporting evidence for. Such as saying SETI was receiving alien signals and accusing Seth Shostak of lying about it. Such as having invented a free-energy device. Greer resorts to special pleading, blaming a cover-up whenever he cannot produce evidence for these claims.

Greer claims to want "disclosure", yet charges people for UFO viewing sessions where he makes them sign a non-disclosure-agreement.

Greer claims to be able to "vector-in" UFOs and aliens (such as the Phoenix Lights), yet he has never recorded this.

When does produce evidence to back-up his claims, that evidence is highly dubious. Such as the aforementioned being of light/moth. Such as his recent photo of a supposed alien

Your depiction of a moth is subjective, objective and ridiculous. I don't see a moth anymore than I see a light-being so until there's concrete proof of a lie.......Greer is genuine.

First off, something cannot be both subjective and objective. The two words are antonyms.

Secondly, the fact you cannot see a moth in that photo, calling it ridiculous, demonstrates a blatant ignorance on your part. Not only it is clearly a moth, we can demonstrate through a preponderance of evidence that it is indeed a moth.

Comparison of Greer's light being and a moth

Similar photo of moth caught in camera flash

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The guy used to be a trauma doctor.

Appeal-to-authority

Those guys makes hundreds of thousands of dollars, his daughter is a neuroscientist, his father helped build the lunar module

Association fallacy...

Greer's former position as a doctor and the careers of his family have bearing on the truth. They add no credibility or validity to his claims.

Originally posted by rajatenDue to the lives of people being threatened by TPTB who wished to fund his project

Evidence?

You're relying on the same special pleading and excuses Greer uses.

His desperation to provide proofs for ETs has surely driven him to desperation, leading to the various blobs and moth images his site has displayed as evidence.

Greer claims to be able to summon UFOs and aliens at will, being able to produce mass-sightings such as the Phoenix Lights (even though he made this claim over ten years after the fact), yet all the evidence he can produce are amorphous photos.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Your depiction of a moth is subjective, objective and ridiculous. I don't see a moth anymore than I see a light-being so until there's concrete proof of a lie...

If you can't see a moth in that photo then you need to get a new hobby, because analyzing unidentified phenomena clearly isn't for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As for Greer, it took some hard knocks for him to truly understand what people thought about his approach.

He was like many elites in the UFO community surrounded by his admirers and not the regular folk who waited and watched to see him fall from grace from afar.

His ego did need a good sound check, so really his whole agenda of making a living off UFOlogy and being the planetary speaker on behalf of humanity and the voice to the ptb, worked out just fine with his descent from the top.

Now he is freer to just do what he can from his perspective on the subject and tone it down to a frequency which he personally relates to the ET community here on earth.

There is nothing wrong in making a living, there was never a rule that if you decided to become part of the disclosure movement or the free energy movements, the grassroots movements, that you have to be a pauper.

Now withholding important information from the general public when he chose to be the go between for the political side of things in my opinion was deceitful and wrong.

I still hold an open heart and mind to him regaining his right direction for his personal piece of the puzzle, and hold no malice or bad feelings when he writes a book or holds a group.

A guy has to eat you know...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
how many times has this dude promised discloser? he was also caught hoaxing. and he makes alot of money from this that makes him scum in my books. makes real ufoilgists look bad. suprised he's not selling tinfoil hats to be honest!

Exactly, I used to love the UFO and aliens section when it was filled with credible people like Stanton Friedman, a nuclear physicist who was also the original roswell civilian investigator.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm just going to say this, plain and simple, try to follow along (and sorry to be so blunt):

If you give idiots like Greer the benefit of a doubt, then your ignorance is as much as a problem as his sensationalism is to this subject. If you so much as give ignorant fools like Greer a pass on anything, then point blank...you are a part of the problem that makes this subject the laughable matter that it is.

Deny ignorance, don't make leaps and bounds to embrace it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I'm in England right now and if I could afford his extortionate rates I might look him up, sadly I'm not a professional footballer, actor or a drug dealer so I haven't got a grand to spare.Sorry Mr Greer but I will have to give it a miss this time mate.

There is a saying here that ' a fool and his money are easily parted '....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
If you give idiots like Greer the benefit of a doubt, then your ignorance is as much as a problem as his sensationalism is to this subject. If you so much as give ignorant fools like Greer a pass on anything, then point blank...you are a part of the problem that makes this subject the laughable matter that it is.

If it were up to me, Greer's supporters here would find themselves banned, under the same rules that punish hoaxers. Fortunately for Greer's ilk, it is not up to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
FOR ALL THE SUPPORTERS OF GREER THE SERIAL PEST…..

Here is Greer’s recent picture of an ”extraterrestrial being”, that he posted on his website:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b30ea6c50943.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the thread, which you will find in the hoax forum:

Steve Greer (CSETI) Photograph ET Being

Here is Greer’s older picture of an ”extraterrestrial light being”, (a.k.a. “The Moth”) that he also posted on his website:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a103947298.jpg[/atsimg]

Please see the picture below courtesy of Doomsday Rex (thanks mate!
)

This picture shows definitively that Greer used a picture of moth to hoax a picture of an ”extraterrestrial light being”. What a disgusting way to make a living….. :shk:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b75a7b602ce8.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on guys & gals…….

Start thinking clearly…..

:shk: :shk: :shk:

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
microsoftofficetutorials.com... If you open this link it will take you to this CSETI site that has 13 pages of videos. On page one is a photovideo of the joshua tree alien encounter. CSETI and Steven Greer had actually photographed a large group of alien entities that encircled their meeting area. There was no hoax here, the alien presence is verified by this independent source with no ties to CSETI or Greer. On the original "alien" thread i stated that i was better at this kind of photography than CSETI and Greer. Obviously they agreed with my assessment.

[edit on 043030p://pm3028 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Come on guys.....

If someone is proven to be a hoaxer on more than one occasion do you really think that person had a change of heart and suddenly he is as honest as can be?
Someone that charges $1000 to set on the beach with them and MAKES you sign several different documents stating you will keep your mouth shut is most likely up to no good, otherwise it stands to reason he would want you to let this information out

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Greer's earlier work was actually quite good. Somewhere along the line he got off track and tried forcing the issue. I guess the better term would be "he jumped the shark"

I still like some of his work - IMO hes one of those guys that has a lot of truth and good within his bad and this is why I personally dont 100% discount him.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join