It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you sitting down?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
For those of you who have said that no predictions on here have come true so far....I give you

This:

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Mid Summer 2004: Everyone's starting to relax now that we aren't all dead from any asteroid and the economy hasn't tanked yet and once again threats from al Q. prove to be for attention only. Everything's pretty quiet around the globe. Every now and then there's a bomb that goes off or sporadic fighting in both Isreal and Iraq but nothing major. Transfer of Iraqi power goes off without a hitch. And we're still waiting for the third person to die. Regan, Ray, and ???. Maybe that's not true either? After a busy spring and early summer with hoaxes, people are starting to become more skeptical.

Late Mid Summer 2004 (Late July - August): A new computer virus hits. A headache more than anything. After a long period of good economic numbers, it seems the economy and job growth has leveled off. The price of oil is fluctuating still.

I'm so proud of myself

And I wasn't even serious!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, the 'predictions' are already wrong. They say the 'economy is still in horrible shape'. Sorry to burst the anti-Bush crowds collective bubbles, but the economy is growing and doing fine. It's doing better than the last 6 months of the Clinton presidency when it went into recession.

Interesting gathering of 'predictions' though. Nice to see 'em all in one place to get a feel for them.

Ya' missed an Aug 22nd one - Miami/Chicago/LA and some cruise ships could blow up or something like that.

[edit on 7/23/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
sorry, but North America will never reach that state of unorganization. Never.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I really think at this time, anything is a possibility. I am sure many of you have heard Bill Knell. He has been writing articles for the Paranormal News website. I have spoke with him on the internet radio show that I do and he exchanges email with us from time to time.

Bill Knell is researching the Philadelphia Experiment and the experiments at Montauk. Montauk is where the US government developed time travel based on the accident known as the Philedelphia Experiment. Recently Bill Knell was told of a story about a couple that bought a new home and were cleaning out the attic when a green mist formed in the room and a Navy sailor in old style uniform appeared saying "Beware of 2005" "They are playing with your future" Something like that. Bill interviewed the witnesses and they seem to be very genuine people.

Here are the links to the three articles.

Part 1
www.paranormalnews.com...

Part 2

Part 3

They make for an intriguing read.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
ThatsJustWeird, first off great post

You definatly can write a cool mini series for TV

IMHO I still feel we're living in a time of great change, wether it's war, comets or ice age, we're definatly gonna see somthing BIG happening.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Late Summer 2004 (Late August - Early Sept.): 4 major oil pipelines in the Mid East are either bombed or Sabbatoged. OPEC decides that our continued involvment in Middle Eastern affairs has brought this on, so they cut off our oil supply. And that's when "it" hits the fan. Every aspect of our economy is devastated by this and takes a huge plunge.

i just don't like that part... if the US economy falls then there's a mighty good chance that the WORLD economy falls. granted, it would free up billions of barrels of oil for the rest of the world, but the US is still the dominating economy of the world... at least until China doesn't need to survive off of our economy anymore, but that won't happen too soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is funny how economies work now. We're coming to a state where objects are not even used for money. This means that all of our assets are (or will be) just some bits and bytes in a computer.

Find a virus able to screw with this data on a majority of computers, and you will see an interesting economic downturn.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

BTW, the world is meant to end in four days, it was the second most popular June apocalypse date for ATS members after June 8.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

Oh yes, I remember the end of the world on June 8th. Asteroid, wasn't it? It was all just a blur, so many things going on. But with all the endings of the world, who can keep up? My dance card is quite full of apocalypses, looks like after the election I may have some free time. This month appears to be very full...

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Well, the 'predictions' are already wrong. They say the 'economy is still in horrible shape'. Sorry to burst the anti-Bush crowds collective bubbles, but the economy is growing and doing fine. It's doing better than the last 6 months of the Clinton presidency when it went into recession.

No, no, no....

These "predictions" are in chronological order. When it says "the economy is still in horrible shape" that's based on the predictions that come before it. Not what's actually happening, lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Congrats ThatsJustWierd on such a great post... but i have a few questions... wats happen to australia during all this? Wat will happen to Australia because of the Free Trade Agreement... already it sounds like Australian culture is gonna get screwed over by it. Will Mark Latham get into power, or will Johnny Howard remain... will he retire half way through his term?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
YEAH! Pretty soon I can play Fallout without my computer. That's gonna be so cool
. Now where did I put my sledge hammer and dynamite?

(Any post-apocalyptic RPGers in here?)

EDIT:
Sorry Aussies, but if I had to guess I'd say that the US Government is thinking the same thing I'm thinking: There might not be any real reason to nuke Australia if there is a third world war- it should be OK.
I'm thinking Bush may have plans to annex you and move the American elite into your country when it all goes down. He certainly seems to have his eyes on every other country in the world, why not Aus?

[edit on 4-8-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah... thats makes sense... ALOT of sense... we already have quite a few american navy bases around the place... certainly a few in Western Australia... which is where i live, in the capital Perth... i have read in a few places that it is actually one of the most isolated cities in the world... it is on the oppose side of the country to sydney etc... and then we have the indian ocean on the other side... EEP! LOL!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What are the best Bible Code predictions( in the opinions of members) for all years from 2005 through 2012?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Sorry Aussies, but if I had to guess I'd say that the US Government is thinking the same thing I'm thinking: There might not be any real reason to nuke Australia if there is a third world war- it should be OK.
I'm thinking Bush may have plans to annex you and move the American elite into your country when it all goes down. He certainly seems to have his eyes on every other country in the world, why not Aus?

re: my posts:

1. Bush isn't pres.
2. There is no conquest in this war and
3. They speak English, we would never do something like that to them!

What happens to Australia?
Well, like a lot of the world. When the US economy goes, they feel the pain also. Big time.
Terrorists threats increase as they become more bolder, fortunately a planned attack on the Opera hous is foiled just in time.
As far as politics...it becomes unstable but remains stable. Meaning people who do come into power don't stay very long, but it isn't as chaotic as it can be.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
lol, close enough

Late Summer 2004 (Late August - Early Sept.): 4 major oil pipelines in the Mid East are either bombed or Sabbatoged. OPEC decides that our continued involvment in Middle Eastern affairs has brought this on, so they cut off our oil supply.

news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040809/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_oil_halt_040809155910&printer=1

Iraq stops pumping oil in south

BASRA, Iraq (AFP) - Iraq (news - web sites)'s Southern Oil Company has stopped pumping oil after militia threatened to attack local oil infrastructure, a company spokesman said.

"We have stopped pumping oil for security reasons," Hasaneen Mohammed al-Mohammedi said Monday without providing further details.

Security was stepped up around vital oil infrastructure in the south which is currently the only outlet for Iraqi exports after an attack on the northern pipeline brought limited exports there to a halt last week.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
*Greatest piece of fiction I have read in awhile!*

*applauds*

Seriously though? Some of those things MIGHT Happen, but not to that scale, the world as we know it won't end, America won't be destroyed any time soon (wishful thinking on your part, eh?) And The economy won't drop that low. Syria vs Egypt? Who the hell cares about that?

-wD

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Seriously though? Some of those things MIGHT Happen, but not to that scale, the world as we know it won't end, America won't be destroyed any time soon (wishful thinking on your part, eh?)
-wD

Wishful thinking on my part? lol, you haven't read any of my other posts have you?
I'm the anti Sick Boy, the complete and utter opposite. If it was up to me, America would remain on top forever and any sign of a threat to knock us out of #1 would be destroyed immediately....but that's just me

Like you said.......Fiction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join