It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Million People To Be Evacuated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
there are so many threads about this so I'll place my question here :

is there a possibility for US americans to sue BP? as a private person?

do you know what I mean? at least you can sue mcdonalds for making hot coffee.there must be a little chance to sue BP...successfully.

You are asking for what could be construed to be legal advice so make sure any responders are qualified to give such before relying on such advice. Under the rules, I must advise that although I am qualified, as a graduate from an ABA accredited law school, what I am going to say is not advice to a client nor does it necessarily reflect differences in the laws of different states, like Louisiana, which derives much of its law from the French Civil Code.
Anyway, an individual may sue. The piece of paper is going to sit still for anything you write on it,although you should carefully look at FRCP11 and the state court equivalent for the appropriate jurisdiction. Potential success depends on many factors.
Lawsuits can be based on a number of theories. First, there is tort law. You must allege and prove that the Defendant owed a duty to the Plaintiff (a duty like using reasonable care in drilling and cementing holes in the earth); that the duty was breached; that the Plaintiff (and not just somebody) was damaged, either in his person or property, and; that the damage was the proximate result of the breach.
Contract law really doesn't apply here but there are suits based on violations of the law or regulation. The Plaintiff must show that he/she was the intended beneficiary of the lawi.e., is a member of the class of people the law was intended to protect; hat the law/reg was violated; and the same damage-causation factors.
Finally, some statutes create a private cause of action (grounds for suit) by the express terms of the law.
Good luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by hornum
Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

Informed emergency planning sources in Florida have informed WMR that the state faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States—the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida.Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Everyone seems to want to make a buck off this disaster by selling exaggerated stories of death and destruction. The TB desal plant produces 19 million gallons/day of fresh water. That is only 11% of the total supply for Tampa/Hillsborough County. The OP urges that all of Florida faces severe water shortages. Miami alone uses almost a billion gallons a day. Total freshwater usage in the state approximate 12 thousand million gallons/day. pubs.usgs.gov... That means the Tampa plant produces about 1/10th of 1 percent of Florida's water. The conclusion must be that the MWR report is just more profiteering wackaloon doomsaying. Don't support it. Dont promote it by citing it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by 4nsicphd]

Ok genius, do you ever think before you speak? I live in Tampa so let me break it down for you.

There is approximately 2.7 million people in the Tampa Bay Area, which includes Hillsborough county, Pinellas county, Hernando county, and Pasco county.

That would mean that 270,000 people would be without water. If this occurred you would have absolute chaos.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I live in Brandon part of the year and that is where the Tampa Bay Water Distribution system is. The area would see an 11% reduction, not a total cutoff. It would still have the 66% of water it gets from groundwater and the 22% from surface water. Only the new desal plant would be lost as a source. See, www.tampabaywater.org... And a new 2-mile, 36-inch diameter pipeline will connect the isolated wellfield to Tampa Bay Water’s regional water supply network which will add 15 million gallons /day from the Northwest Hillsborough Regional Wellfield. That can replace output from the desal plant, which has had 2 operators go bankrupt and is not the most reliable source in any event. I'm more worried about the nuke plant going offline. This may be a good time to head for my primary residence in St. Kitts.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I guess I'm confused. Where exactly is this toxic cloud in Mexico that all the illegals have been running from in their country? Where is the imminent danger
of this toxic cloud you are talking about in Mexico. Can you give a current location and where it is heading. I have googled it. Doesn't seem to be any info on it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

the toxic cloud is called welfare..
ooops did I say toxic cloud?
I ment honey pot
and they are mostly running to and not from
so far anyway

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

uhm...thanks. I'm not a US citizen. I just wondered. I'll read your post a few times..still tryin to understand it

seems to be something like business english which is hard to understand for me
but thanks a lot for your answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are only about 28 million people in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida combined. I'm not quite sure where this number of 40 million came from.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Oh, and Canada, you might want to start placing armed guards along your borders with shoot to kill orders, or you'll be overrun with a bunch of good fer nothing unemployed refugees of poverty invading your beautiful lands, which won't be beautiful for long if don't stop them and toss them back where you think they belong.

(oh what tangled webs we weave ... lol, I warned about this day about 5 years ago .. no kidding ... )

Not many worries. Our government would really have to fast track ID cards if that were to happen. You can't even rent an apartment up here without 6 pieces of legit, checkable ID.
40 million people homeless in winter, I think they would rather huddle together a little south of the border where it is slightly warmer.

But hey, I am sure we could fit some people, we have lots of room up north. Bring warm jackets

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

he said that if the nuke plant shuts down because the cooling water is unavaliable he will think about leaving town

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

and along with the warm coats
bring some Jack Daniels
we likes jack Daniels up here
really warms us up it does

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

yeah..

May be 63 million soon matey!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I gotta stop coming to ATS.
Threads like this are absolutely ridiculous. No wonder conspiracy theorists are considered whackos - because of crap like this.

I can assure you I am no "Whacko" We are looking at an extreme scenario here, the likes that have never been seen before. This is a possibility but probably not likely. Funnily enough I see a bit of irony considering your username. ATS is a great site where people can share their opinions and information fairly.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hornum]

My user-name has nothing to do with my posts. It's from an old band I was in, FYI. Would my post be more valid if my username was "CheeseDip" or something??
Besides, what does that have to do with anything??? Is that all you got - The blog and saying that my username is ironic??

No one is saying this isn't a disaster of epic proportions. But give us more proof than a blog.

And actually, now that I think of it: I wasn't blasting you - unless you made that blog.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I gotta stop coming to ATS.
Threads like this are absolutely ridiculous. No wonder conspiracy theorists are considered whackos - because of crap like this.

This is my thread that YOU are calling ridiculous. I don't think it is, I don't necassarily believe this will happen, but it is a possibility. Disrespecting peoples opinions by calling them whackos is unfair. I said your Username was ironic beacause it is "impaired" I believe that was fitting for your statement as i believe it to be impaired but I have no problem with free speech, so keep it coming.

My user-name has nothing to do with my posts. It's from an old band I was in, FYI. Would my post be more valid if my username was "CheeseDip" or something??
Besides, what does that have to do with anything??? Is that all you got - The blog and saying that my username is ironic??

No one is saying this isn't a disaster of epic proportions. But give us more proof than a blog.

And actually, now that I think of it: I wasn't blasting you - unless you made that blog.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
Reply to post by hornum

You just sited one of the worst possible sources you can find. Canadafreepress writes whatever they want whenever they want. It's never correct.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Not really Fair to CFP, they are correct plenty of times.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just a suggestion for the OP.

When you are copy pasting information someone else wrote, you need to put it in quotations or use the ATS external quotation feature.

If you do not put it within quotations, it is considered plagiarism and is a huge no-no.

To use the ATS external quote feature, when you are typing your response, look at the bar above the text box. The 2nd box says "EX" click that box. Then copy your quotation inside the box that it brings up. Then it will put it in an external quote.

Like this

Just a friendly suggestion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Just a suggestion for the OP.

When you are copy pasting information someone else wrote, you need to put it in quotations or use the ATS external quotation feature.

If you do not put it within quotations, it is considered plagiarism and is a huge no-no.

To use the ATS external quote feature, when you are typing your response, look at the bar above the text box. The 2nd box says "EX" click that box. Then copy your quotation inside the box that it brings up. Then it will put it in an external quote.

Like this

Just a friendly suggestion.

Thank You, will do. Just edited the OP Thanks once again.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

There are many natural poisons. I'm not saying that the oil is bad, because I don't know myself. However, just because something is natural does not me it wont kill you.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
reply to post by hornum

That is bullcrap...there is no toxicity as the oil is natural product, it ONLY gets bad when it reaches land or is refined for our use.

The FEMA camps have all their barbed wire facing inwards to keep people in - REMEMBER the nazi camps had the same

think...think...think...then do

You are right, but the above is still possible because some things other
than oil have been coming up from the well.

Benzene, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Vanadium.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are likely others, but those are the three I have heard mentioned.

The first two are super deadly.

So the oil is not deadly to us humans directly, but keep in mind the
other things coming from the well.

Also if you are not an expert in these matters do some research
prior to going off on ppl.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The US military is preparing to “evacuate” 40 million people in the region of the Gulf oil spill under the pretext of toxicity, according to sources.

Does anyone know how many millions of crematory coffins FEMA has stashed around the gulf region?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

What are you saying?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yeah and when the spill reaches the Canadian coast, just remember Australia has many Submarines and HUGE Sharks

Don't forget the spiders and snakes mate

Nothing makes a foreigner run away faster than one look at the fangs of a Funnel Web! Hey, now there is a thought, maybe we could just line our coasts with our deadly critters - that should keep out the riff-raff......hmmm.........

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join