It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Million People To Be Evacuated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Whatever happens ( I don't know) this could be a good time to look into the world of shortwave. I have a Grundig radio and was meaning to get a shortwave antenna to listen to broadcasts. There are some on Ebay for close to nothing.

Some of your radio favorites may be told to "play ball" or get off the airwaves. I hope not, but maybe.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lest we forget:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Hey listen, when the TOXIC CLOUD starts moving inland, I don't want to see any of you that are against (so-called) illegal immigration/migration to start running for Canada! That would be pretty darn hypocritical of folks like you to do THAT. You keep your butts right where they belong, here in the good old toxic USA!

Oh, and Canada, you might want to start placing armed guards along your borders with shoot to kill orders, or you'll be overrun with a bunch of good fer nothing unemployed refugees of poverty invading your beautiful lands, which won't be beautiful for long if don't stop them and toss them back where you think they belong.

(oh what tangled webs we weave ... lol, I warned about this day about 5 years ago .. no kidding ... )

I am not quite sure why you would think anyone possibly being evacuated would need to goto Canada. There are still wide open beautiful spaces here in the US that can serve as relocation spots....just need to do some development. Most Americans will welcome there fellow CITIZENS with open arms and work to assist them with their needs. Always have and always will...cause thats how we roll!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
reply to post by hornum

i agree it is a possibility and a likely one. my last comments wernet soley directed at you. to be honest it should of been evacuated a while ago Obama and co are talking tuff about the cost financially but the human cost could be beyond massive and there hiding it . this is just my opinion and not necessarily correct.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I hope nothing happens to the well being of the fine people where this disaster has occured. They have already lost so much!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hornum]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornum

Originally posted by danielhanson420
reply to post by hornum

i agree it is a possibility and a likely one. my last comments wernet soley directed at you. to be honest it should of been evacuated a while ago Obama and co are talking tuff about the cost financially but the human cost could be beyond massive and there hiding it . this is just my opinion and not necessarily correct.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I hope nothing happens to the well being of the fine people where this disaster has occured. They have already lost so much!

couldnt put better myself. after all its easy for me to sit behind a computer screen in a country thousands of miles away and critisize the situation but i guess unless your there you dont really have a clue. peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
reply to post by hornum

That is bullcrap...there is no toxicity as the oil is natural product, it ONLY gets bad when it reaches land or is refined for our use.

BP's cleanup workers are reportedly being sent to the hospital with symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, and difficult breathing among others. BP claims to be monitoring the air quality but has yet to share the results of those tests with the public. The workers are being sickened by the mixture of the crude and the toxic chemical dispersant and BP is covering it up.

www.digitaljournal.com...

Read read read!

Your comment on air quality got me thinking...
and on my weatherunderground page~
www.wunderground.com...
(type your zip code in)
It always shows air quality~

Air quality: AQ Index: Pollutant:
Yesterday Good OZONE
Wednesday Good PM2.5

Then I try the gulf coast, and they wont give any air quality readings..
www.wunderground.com...
wtf..

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

That is interesting. You know the thing thats getting me on this one is the fact that BP is supressing so much info. The last thing we want to happen is find out too late.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I gotta stop coming to ATS.
Threads like this are absolutely ridiculous. No wonder conspiracy theorists are considered whackos - because of crap like this.

It's apparent that there's something going on with BP. But to say the oil spill was done on purpose to implement martial law and to open these "FEMA Camps" - I mean - do people really buy this stuff?

Man. Getting really frustrated with ATS lately. People seem to fear monger just to fear monger.

and /rant.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I gotta stop coming to ATS.
Threads like this are absolutely ridiculous. No wonder conspiracy theorists are considered whackos - because of crap like this.

I can assure you I am no "Whacko" We are looking at an extreme scenario here, the likes that have never been seen before. This is a possibility but probably not likely. Funnily enough I see a bit of irony considering your username. ATS is a great site where people can share their opinions and information fairly.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

uhhh, what the heck does that have to do with this topic? You use it as an opportunity to bash others on their opinions about illegal immigration? It seems that it has nothing to do with what the thread is about. Why don't you go to a thread about illegal immigration and post? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For crying out loud. I follow ATS on Twitter. I see these stories on here and I pop in to check them like a fool everytime. There should be a rule on ATS that requires the OP to put the word "claim" before something that is unproven. What a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So, if this doesn't happen, will you stop posting these types of predictions.

The US is broke. They can't afford to force 40 million people into detention camps.

There is no logic in this. It's just BS.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

The Date of that blog entry or "report" was 06/13/10...wouldn't the President have mentioned this in the Oval office adress to the nation?
It would be pretty hard to sneak 40 million people into fema camps without the rest of the US knowing.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to see the camps for the anti-vacciners...still waiting...

Oh, and there were also supposed military personnel for that too saying it was going to happen within weeks.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Precisely. there is some nasty stuff in there including Corexit.

Check this

Experts: Oil spill poses health threats, but seafood on market is safe.

edition.cnn.com...

yeah i have to agree that corexit is not good at all. luckily i cant stand sea food so i have no worries about what could be in the fish from the gulf.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
there are so many threads about this so I'll place my question here :

is there a possibility for US americans to sue BP? as a private person?

do you know what I mean? at least you can sue mcdonalds for making hot coffee.there must be a little chance to sue BP...successfully.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

Informed emergency planning sources in Florida have informed WMR that the state faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States—the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida.Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Everyone seems to want to make a buck off this disaster by selling exaggerated stories of death and destruction. The TB desal plant produces 19 million gallons/day of fresh water. That is only 11% of the total supply for Tampa/Hillsborough County. The OP urges that all of Florida faces severe water shortages. Miami alone uses almost a billion gallons a day. Total freshwater usage in the state approximate 12 thousand million gallons/day. pubs.usgs.gov... That means the Tampa plant produces about 1/10th of 1 percent of Florida's water. The conclusion must be that the MWR report is just more profiteering wackaloon doomsaying. Don't support it. Dont promote it by citing it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
reply to post by C0bzz

Hmmmm natural toadstool, very healthy!

nOw thats a tripy shroom

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

Informed emergency planning sources in Florida have informed WMR that the state faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States—the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida.Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Everyone seems to want to make a buck off this disaster by selling exaggerated stories of death and destruction. The TB desal plant produces 19 million gallons/day of fresh water. That is only 11% of the total supply for Tampa/Hillsborough County. The OP urges that all of Florida faces severe water shortages. Miami alone uses almost a billion gallons a day. Total freshwater usage in the state approximate 12 thousand million gallons/day. pubs.usgs.gov... That means the Tampa plant produces about 1/10th of 1 percent of Florida's water. The conclusion must be that the MWR report is just more profiteering wackaloon doomsaying. Don't support it. Dont promote it by citing it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by 4nsicphd]

Ok genius, do you ever think before you speak? I live in Tampa so let me break it down for you.

There is approximately 2.7 million people in the Tampa Bay Area, which includes Hillsborough county, Pinellas county, Hernando county, and Pasco county.

That would mean that 270,000 people would be without water. If this occurred you would have absolute chaos.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

start quote
"but Alex Jones already has that beat covered"
end quote

so you say
this may be true but come back when you have more evidence

please show me where jones has said they are going to evacuate
40 million people from the gulf coast to fema camps
please

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]