It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Million People To Be Evacuated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismos

Originally posted by Valorian
reply to post by hornum

That is bullcrap...there is no toxicity as the oil is natural product, it ONLY gets bad when it reaches land or is refined for our use.

en.wikipedia.org...

check out what toxicity means. just because something is natural doesnt mean it isnt toxic. go eat a few pokeweed berries and let me know how ya feel afterwards.

Precisely. there is some nasty stuff in there including Corexit.

Check this

Experts: Oil spill poses health threats, but seafood on market is safe.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

Informed emergency planning sources in Florida have informed WMR that the state faces severe fresh water shortages and power blackouts if the thick crude oil from the Deepwater Horizon disaster clogs sea water intakes at the largest seawater desalinisation plant in the United States—the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalinisation Plant at Apollo Beach in Tampa, Florida.Power and Water Problems Loom for Florida as Oil Threat Lurks Off Shore.

www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
yeah,
a blog isn't really going to cut it for most people here.

My thoughts are with you all as you face this terrible problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornum
there is strong evidence that the oil spill was started deliberately in order to implement martial law and find an excuse to put people in FEMA prison camps as part of a Bilderberg agenda to take of the USA.

Show me this strong evidence that what you say is true... and I mean strong!

IMHO, it just sounds like low brow, paranoid, chicken little fear mongering at it's lowest. You appear to have rejected reality and replaced it with your own.

Total BS! All of it!

IRM :shk:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet my life this will not happen. Anyone who believes this is not right in the head. Just another fema camp thread. One of about a million that show up here every year. Just stupid.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by hornum

You just sited one of the worst possible sources you can find. Canadafreepress writes whatever they want whenever they want. It's never correct.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yeah and when the spill reaches the Canadian coast, just remember Australia has many Submarines and HUGE Sharks

and spiders lots of Big hairy spiders

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by hornum
there is strong evidence that the oil spill was started deliberately in order to implement martial law and find an excuse to put people in FEMA prison camps as part of a Bilderberg agenda to take of the USA.

Show me this strong evidence that what you say is true... and I mean strong!

IMHO, it just sounds like low brow, paranoid, chicken little fear mongering at it's lowest. You appear to have rejected reality and replaced it with your own.

Total BS! All of it!

IRM :shk:

How about Accuweather.com

www.accuweather.com...
Watch:

vodpod.com...

Read:

www.osha.gov...

Hydrogen sulfide: En. Wikipedia. org of hydrogen sulfide toxicity is considered a broad-spectrum poison, meaning it can poison several different systems in the body, though most affected the nervous system. The toxicity of hydrogen sulfide and hydrogen cyanide comparison. It forms a mitochondrial cytochrome iron bonds in the complex, thereby preventing cell binding and stop the bleeding. Since hydrogen sulfide occurs naturally in the human body, the environment and the gut, enzymes present in the in vivo detoxification of oxidation (harmless) sulfate its capacity. [6] Thus, low levels of sulfide may be tolerated. At a critical level, I believe the average is about 300 – 350 ppm, the oxidase becomes overwhelmed. Many personal safety gas detectors, such as utilities, sewage treatment and petrochemical workers to use, set the alarm in the low 5 至 10 ppm and to the high alarm to 15 parts per million. An interesting diagnostic clue of extreme poisoning by hydrogen sulfide copper coins in the pockets of victims of color. Treatment involves immediate inhalation of amyl nitrite, sodium nitrite, pure oxygen inhalation, injection, bronchodilators to overcome the government finally bronchospasm, in some cases hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hyperbaric oxygen). Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is still controversial and anecdotal support.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
I'm willing to bet my life this will not happen. Anyone who believes this is not right in the head. Just another fema camp thread. One of about a million that show up here every year. Just stupid.

Well I suggest you get out there and help clean this mess up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Novel
Reply to post by hornum

You just sited one of the worst possible sources you can find. Canadafreepress writes whatever they want whenever they want. It's never correct.

And so what you believe everything you hear or read in the mainstream media. It is a source

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

This oil is extremely toxic and you logic is completely silly....btw.
2nd line

How can crude oil affect my health?

Exposure to crude oil may irritate the eyes, skin, and respiratory system. It may cause dizziness, rapid heart rate, headaches, confusion, and anemia. Prolonged skin contact with crude oil may cause skin reddening, edema, and burning of the skin. When crude oil is burned, either accidentally or as a spill control measure, it emits chemicals that affect human health. These chemicals include carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, lead, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, sulfur dioxide , and volatile organic compounds. If you are exposed to burning crude oil, you may be exposed to high levels of particulate matter and may experience the health effects of particulate matter. Exposure to burning crude oil may harm the passages of the nose, airways, and lungs. It may cause shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, coughing, itching, red or watery eyes, and black mucous. Handling tarballs may cause an allergic skin reaction or skin rashes. If you think your health has been affected by exposure to crude oil, contact your health care professional. For poisoning emergencies or questions about possible poisons, contact your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.

and

Crude oil also contains hundreds of substances that include benzene, chromium, iron, mercury, nickel, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, toluene, and xylene.
Source: toxtown.nlm.nih.gov...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by cushycrux]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
while i believe their is a massive health risk in the area i trust most of your sources as much as i trust msm if not less most of it appears to be fear mongering, that doesn't mean an evacuation is of the table just not as extreme as stated on this thread. and whats with the term sheeple is that how some of you people distinguish others that don't conform to your highly paranoid take on events ?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
reply to post by hornum

That is bullcrap...there is no toxicity as the oil is natural product, it ONLY gets bad when it reaches land or is refined for our use.

The FEMA camps have all their barbed wire facing inwards to keep people in - REMEMBER the nazi camps had the same

think...think...think...then do

Opinions like yours are extremely dangerous.

1. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's OK. That's why you don't drink snake venom, for example.
2. Oil contains many dangerous subjects like Benzene.

Christ people, educate yourselves!

Generally refining oil only separates it into its components. Wouldn't surprise me if the refined stuff is less toxic...

[edit on 16/6/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I concur, I work with crude oil day in day out and believe me it's toxic alright, get that stuff on your hands and it'll burn your skin clean off… not to mention the toxic fumes that come off it can burn your lungs, it's nasty stuff!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate here, Obama said they were sending in 17,000 troops into the gulf to assist in the cleanup. So if you live along the gulf and see the arival of military troops are you going to worry about forced evacuations? Or will you just think "Those must be the guys the president is sending for the cleanup"?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Hmmmm natural toadstool, very healthy!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
while i believe their is a massive health risk in the area i trust most of your sources as much as i trust msm if not less most of it appears to be fear mongering, that doesn't mean an evacuation is of the table just not as extreme as stated on this thread. and whats with the term sheeple is that how some of you people distinguish others that don't conform to your highly paranoid take on events ?

The title to this post is from the headline of the article. If I was to to post "Meteorite Will Kill All Humans" would that be wrong? I mean it is a possibility isnt it?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Just to play devil's advocate here, Obama said they were sending in 17,000 troops into the gulf to assist in the cleanup. So if you live along the gulf and see the arival of military troops are you going to worry about forced evacuations? Or will you just think "Those must be the guys the president is sending for the cleanup"?

Too true, they are nore than likely being sent there to maintain order. And why has it taken this long to send military personal into the area anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
[edit on 16-6-2010 by Valorian]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

i agree it is a possibility and a likely one. my last comments wernet soley directed at you. to be honest it should of been evacuated a while ago Obama and co are talking tuff about the cost financially but the human cost could be beyond massive and there hiding it . this is just my opinion and not necessarily correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join