It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga Homosexual Rosary Beads Riot With Storm Troopers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I would like to say first up that I don't have anything against Lady Gaga but I am finding her music videos more and more disturbing.Her latest video is "Alejandro" it is about about a woman's desire to resurrect a dead love and who can not face the brutality of her present situation.

"The pain of living without your true love." Which is interesting. Now apparently Steven Klein who was aproached by Gaga and decided to create a combination of cinema and theater. Heres a quote from the link below.

"As for the controversy, Klein counters: "The religious symbolism is not meant to denote anything negative, but represents the character's battle between the dark forces of this world and the spiritual salvation of the soul. Thus at the end of the film, she chooses to be a nun, and the reason her mouth and eyes disappear is because she is withdrawing her senses from the world of evil and going inward towards prayer and contemplation." He added that the scene in which Gaga ingests rosary beads was meant to represent "the desire to take in the holy."

Okay very artistic!

There is alot more in this video than that! From start to finish it is very dark indeed. The beginning is spoken in a Germanesc accent and what looks like SS soldiers from Hitlers Nazi Germany start doing a pretty crazy dance, one with what looks like the star of david or pentegram. As the video goes on there is alot of Symbolism. I am not going to point it all out now, as that will be discussed i am sure. Please read the lyrics and then watch the music video.

And I know you may love me.
But I just can't be with you like this anymore.
Alejandro.
She's got both hands
in her pockets.
And she wont look at you,
Won't look at you
She hides true love.
En su bolsillo
She's got a halo 'round her finger.
Around you.
You know that I love you boy.
Hot like Mexico, rejoice.
At this point I gotta choose,
nothing to loose.
Don't call my name.
Don't call my name, Alejandro.
I'm not your babe.
I'm not your babe, Fernando.
Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch.
Just smoke one cigarette and hush.
Don't call my name.
Don't call my name, Roberto.
Alejandro.
Alejandro.
Ale-ale-jandro.
Ale-ale-jandro. [2x]
(Just stop. Please. Just let me go. Alejandro. Just let me go.)
She's not broken,
She's just a baby.
But her boyfriend's like a dad, just like a dad.
and all those flames that burned before him.
Now he's gonna fight your fight, gonna cool the bad.
You know that I love you boy.
Hot like Mexico, rejoice.
At this point I gotta choose,
nothing to loose
Don't call my name.
I'm not your babe.
Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch
Just smoke my cigarette and hush.
Don't call my name.
Alejandro.
Alejandro.
Ale-ale-jandro.
Ale-ale-jandro. [2x]
Don't bother me.
Don't bother me. Alejandro
Don't call my name.
Don't call my name, Fernando.
I'm not your babe.
I'm not your babe, Alejandro.
Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch. Fernando.
Don't call my name.
I'm not your babe.
Don't call my name.
Alejandro.
Alejandro.
Ale-ale-jandro.
Ale-ale-jandro. [2x]
Don't call my name.
I'm not your babe.
Don't call my name.
Alejandro.

Alejandro in spanish means "Defender Of Man. Now heres the video.

klein quote: www.fashionologie.com...

I am very interested in hearing peoples take on this.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hornum]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
While I personally find her quite boring and the the way she goes out of her way to try to shock people seems a little desperate, there have been reoccurring symbolism in all her videos that does make me wonder what is behind it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
While I personally find her quite boring and the the way she goes out of her way to try to shock people seems a little desperate, there have been reoccurring symbolism in all her videos that does make me wonder what is behind it.

I totally agree, she has done some weird video. Seems they are getting worse and this is just Gaga there are lots of others putting bizzare content into their video's, always mainstream artists.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
These days, you have to go to extremes to be noticed. It's all just promotional hype. It's working, though. I just can't stop watching her, and I'm primarily a fan of death metal!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I hate watching music channels because I find a lot of the music rubbish.
Yet, when ever I flick through all ''2'' music channels available, namely TMF and 4music, Lady Gaga is constantly on.
My own thoughts are that she may be creative, but then again im guessing she has a huge production team to conger up ideas.

Shes an example of 'SHOCK AND AWE" tactics used by the Music industry to make money. Instead of being the stereo type 'rebel' (a la Milly Cyrus. ) Gagas team have chosen the 'wacky' path.
Bizarre antics that stick in the viwers mind and form a talking point.
The use of symbolic logos or items will elicit a feeling of familiarity that may appeal to the target audience.

Other than that, I wouldnt say its anything other than the NWO music executives rubbing our faces in the symbolic imagery that the majority of us really dont understand.

Rosemary beads, crucifixs, there more of a fashion excesory these days rather than a symbol of faith.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
These days, you have to go to extremes to be noticed. It's all just promotional hype. It's working, though. I just can't stop watching her, and I'm primarily a fan of death metal!!!

I can not accept that this is purely conjured up for "Promotional Hype"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hey there,

Have you heard of Vigilant Citizen.com? They analyse all this type of thing, very astutely I might add.

Here is there analysis of Alejandro (nb. very scary if true - who is behind this?)

vigilantcitizen.com...

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
what a horrible attempt at creating music. she trys way waaay to hard.

and you remember what yoda said. either do or do not, there is no try.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I was bored with it after the first verse but kept going to pick out the symbols. Has anyone else noticed the rhythm to all her singles so far is nearly identical. Each title has about 3 syllables, "Poker Face", "Telephone", "Bad Romance" you get the idea.

Now for the symbols.
There are the usual Madonna-esque costumes and dances. At one point I think she's actually vogue-ing and look out for the fully automatic nipples
The robotic costume along with mechanical lifeless movements and vacant stare that hints at mind control. I can't forget to mention the white robe with the red arrow that looks like a satanic garment only because an inverted cross signifies the lack or denouncement of god and it's in that same robe, at least part of it, that she is passed about from man to man in what eventually turns to a clothed depiction of an orgy.
There was also that bit with her eating the rosary ... combine that with the progression of the aforementioned robe into the nearly all red(satanic) nun's habit with only the head being white(very little purity) that kindof says that satan has/will/wants to devour all religions.
Maybe I'm taking it all a bit too far but that last bit with the film melt for eyes and a mouth . . . did anybody else get the feeling that it kinda looked demonic ?!@?!

I'm really curious abuot the cadence all her songs and song titles seem to follow. I'll look into it a bit but the section that goes "Ale-ale-jandro. [2x]" is 6 syllables for each repetition. Might just be the way they worked out the lyrics to fit the rythm but since it seems that everything in all the other videos has purpose it wouldnt surprise me if there were something hidden within the rhytmic structure as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head again! My bf was going around singing just "Alejandro" and I just got it out of my head, well now it's back...Im not a big fan of GaGa, she annoys me more than anything because they over play her music to the point of death!

As for the song and the video, I like the symbolism although when they make videos like this I hope they realize that more than half the world doesn't get what they are doing. I don't remember music videos being so in depth when I was younger. They were mostly people dancing and singing.

Storm Troopers rock!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
She is nothing more than the Madonna of this generation.

Her music has direct ties with music style to that genre, and her outlandish dressing in very similar.

Anyone old enough to remember Madonna's start and early videos can clearly see this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by futurewolfaqua
I was bored with it after the first verse but kept going to pick out the symbols. Has anyone else noticed the rhythm to all her singles so far is nearly identical. Each title has about 3 syllables, "Poker Face", "Telephone", "Bad Romance" you get the idea.

Now for the symbols.
There are the usual Madonna-esque costumes and dances. At one point I think she's actually vogue-ing and look out for the fully automatic nipples
The robotic costume along with mechanical lifeless movements and vacant stare that hints at mind control. I can't forget to mention the white robe with the red arrow that looks like a satanic garment only because an inverted cross signifies the lack or denouncement of god and it's in that same robe, at least part of it, that she is passed about from man to man in what eventually turns to a clothed depiction of an orgy.
There was also that bit with her eating the rosary ... combine that with the progression of the aforementioned robe into the nearly all red(satanic) nun's habit with only the head being white(very little purity) that kindof says that satan has/will/wants to devour all religions.
Maybe I'm taking it all a bit too far but that last bit with the film melt for eyes and a mouth . . . did anybody else get the feeling that it kinda looked demonic ?!@?!

I'm really curious abuot the cadence all her songs and song titles seem to follow. I'll look into it a bit but the section that goes "Ale-ale-jandro. [2x]" is 6 syllables for each repetition. Might just be the way they worked out the lyrics to fit the rythm but since it seems that everything in all the other videos has purpose it wouldnt surprise me if there were something hidden within the rhytmic structure as well.

Fantastic analysis. Thank you for the info. It all seems to much to be just "artistic"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
She is nothing more than the Madonna of this generation.

Her music has direct ties with music style to that genre, and her outlandish dressing in very similar.

Anyone old enough to remember Madonna's start and early videos can clearly see this.

yes I remember Madonna, I could start a thread on her too, but you cant write this off as a mimic.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head again! My bf was going around singing just "Alejandro" and I just got it out of my head, well now it's back...Im not a big fan of GaGa, she annoys me more than anything because they over play her music to the point of death!

As for the song and the video, I like the symbolism although when they make videos like this I hope they realize that more than half the world doesn't get what they are doing. I don't remember music videos being so in depth when I was younger. They were mostly people dancing and singing.

Storm Troopers rock!

Why do they bother then. If its all about the song why not have a bunch of rabbits jumping around in a field or something. Oh and I'm sorry you have it stuck in your head again.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

I would never have momentarily considered watching this video, or giving it a second thought if you hadn't put this here.

But I did watch it, and I personally thought it was great. It didn't strike me as blasphemous, but that might be because I read the interpretation provided here before I watched it.

I remember people saying Britney Spears was the "next Madonna".
Not a chance.

But this girl? Maybe. If not, it certainly won't be from lack of trying.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumch
Hey there,

Have you heard of Vigilant Citizen.com? They analyse all this type of thing, very astutely I might add.

Here is there analysis of Alejandro (nb. very scary if true - who is behind this?)

vigilantcitizen.com...

Peace

Thank you

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ya I looked at the vigilant citizen site and read a lot of the comments... didnt want to but someone brought up an interesting point and I was hoping to find more on it but in over 130 comments not one person took an attempt. Apparently some numbers flash up real quick in the middle of the video and with OP:Blackjack bein talked about, it kinda interested me. I guess i could go back to the site and memorize or write em down... my dang cellphone cannot display multiple webpages... ya we are spoiled in this age, those of us in a "developed" nation... anyway there were 4 numbers seperated by colons ":" so it made me think either a time and or date or more likely bible scriptures. I think they were 01:04:06:07 anyway im an amateur but I figured its a job for ats. :^)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I had never even heard of her before last summer, far as I know she spawned forth from some egg a fully grown "Pop Star". What little I have heard and/or seen of her has not impressed me much. If anything it's further reaffirment as to why I do not listen to the radio or tv for my musical enjoyment.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornum

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Storm Troopers rock!

Why do they bother then. If its all about the song why not have a bunch of rabbits jumping around in a field or something. Oh and I'm sorry you have it stuck in your head again.

I always wondered myself why they waste so much money on music videos. It's not like any channel actually plays full videos anymore. They are a waste of money IMO, but to those in the business it's a form of art expression even though most I assume don't get it.

It's ok, I will just spam my bf all day with ALEJANDRO! It will be funny
it's an inside joke for us lol

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
just another sick puppy, in a long line of sick puppies, tring to pass thier sickness on to thier generation. as time goes on, she will most likely out grow it or calm down some, same as madonna, and others who have tried to do the freak show route to stardom. although there are a few who come to mind that didnt out grown it.

maybe she can just get better

[edit on 16-6-2010 by hounddoghowlie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join