It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard C Hoagland Interview - Warns of Massive Tsunami & an Armageddon Scenario

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
reply to post by silo13

Perhaps silo, but....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

haha. Funny video....and yet...did you know it's true? That's right. There is a group called the Evangelical ENVIRONMENTAL Network...and they are out there praying with the fishermen who have lost their livlihoods. Just the sort of help they need! Don't know what kind of sky candy they are expecting......

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As i understood it at the time, it was a methane bubble which initially got past the BOP and caused he initial blaze which took out the Deepwater when it was ignited by the generators.

One of the points mentioned was that at the bottom of the well, the methane was actaully a crystalline substance, due to the huge pressure. Obviously as it escaped it gained volume, i imagine exponentially.

The methane is still leaking quite heavily, which reduces the "bubble" chance, but similarly, i've heard elsewhere about the rise in seabed levels. The problem is the infomation is not in the public domain, so honestly, rumours is all we have on it.

As to the source, the only people i would NOT listen to right now is BP, as they've lied the entire way.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think we can all safely agree that methane hydrate is leaking in massive volumes, right? That being the case, at that depth it is still in a crystalline form as the poster above stated. Meaning that it is not quite yet in a gaseous state. When it becomes gas as it rises to the surface, that is when it will become extremely volatile. Maybe that is why they are using the dispersants to hold the oil under water to prevent/smother the methane? Just a theory, but someone smarter than me probably knows better.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That thought struck my mind too...why else would they use a dispersant known to me much toxic? Sacrifice the sea animals to save the humans...if true, of course.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
New info out today might back up Hoagland's claims

See my other thread :

methane levels in gulf at 40% instead of the normal 5%, scientists are worried

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This all very worrying, I just hope a ship doesn't drop it's
anchor there.
I am surprised it hasn't been showing up on mainstream media,
a shattering event like this would certainly warrant world-wide
attention.

I pray that this comes out okay and hallelujah for Mr. Hoagland.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

At bottomhole conditions the "methane" natural gas is in solution and not crystalline. It's just like the CO2 in your Miller Lite, it does not come out of solution until the pressure is reduced to the "bubble point" pressure. Even if the reservoir is at the bubble point if the gas breaks out of solution 1 standard cubic foot of gas at the surface with be compressed to a volume of .00155 cubic feet down hole @ 10,000 psi pressure.

Hoagland, like Matt simmons,Mikao Kaku, Bill Nye and others continually demonstrate their ignorance about the subject matter. Of particular interest was the mindless comment about 100,000 psi bottomhole pressure. If that was the case and they drilled into a permeable formation it would have launched the entire rig into space immediately upon drilling into it. The earth itself only weighs about 164 #/cubic foot if it was solid silica, so at 18,000' with 100,000 psi of pressure the force lifting the earth would be 14,400,000 pounds per square foot with the weight of the earth only being 2,952,000 pounds per square foot. If Hoagland was right we would be looking at oil volcanoes in the gulf without any drilling. BP reported 14#/gallon rat hole mud in the hole before cementing. Therefore this was the mud weight that balanced the reservoir pressure so that they could run casing before the blowout. This mud has a hydrostatic gradient of .728 psi/foot of depth. The reservoir pressure is therefore at most 13,099 psi.

If the casing has split and it's pressuring up outside the wellbore it certainly isn't good, but it's still nothing that the relief wells can't handle with the bottom kill. It is simply a matter of balancing the heigth of hydrostatic head with the weight of mud to match the bottomhole pressure. This is your high school algebra teachers moment. If 18,000 heigth of 14#/gallon mud equals 13,099 psi and the casing is split at 1000' from the surface what weight of mud must be pumped to equal 13,099 psi.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This bubble explosion/tsunami could knock the Earth off axis and disrupt the alignment of the poles and cause even more worldwide damage. Worldwide catastrophe all carefully orchestrated by the government, NWO, and TPTB.

Beware (Be aware)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Both Hoagland and C2C should be castigated for scaring people about things Hoagland has ZERO expertise in. He just needed something to create hysteria to get himself on the radio more often. He has bills to pay I'm sure. It must be hard inventing new stuff to keep his hype fresh.

Of course he could have in under 60 days, become an expert in all the fields associated with Geology and Engineering to even begin to make such a prediction; but I doubt it.

Perhaps Hoagland is himself an Alien with fantastic learning abilities nobody else on earth, no matter how intelligent has but him?

He certainly has a financial motive and I would not be surprised if he picked up the idea here. Hoagland, you on here? If you are, give us the science behind what you are saying and post scans of documentation showing you have the knowledge to make such a prediction? Should be easy to do?

I should not blame C2C as they are just providing for their audience that does not let facts and science get in the way of a good piece of fiction, fabricated out of thin air.

ATS is better than this. Better than buying into fear merchants wares. Or, not?

How, exactly, do you use a "GPS" (device?) and a "Depth Finder" to map a "Gas Bubble" on the ocean floor?

I'll concede somebody may be having a bit of fun with his source that risked "Life" and "Health" to get this info. Or, is it so insane because it is a total fabrication?

This would not even make a decent Science Fiction Novel. Writers usually do some studying before they create their fiction.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Do you think Mr. Hoagland is a bit of a 'drama queen'?

I find it hard to believe someone who is dedicated in
discovering what is happening in our skies and Governments
could possibly be a money-scheming carpetbagger.

I thought most investigators of his ilk are caring and do
the lecture circuit, book signing and Coast-to-Coast shows
to help their fellow man.

I'll be very surprised if you find Hoagland, Friedman, Pope
and the rest, have ever taken any money for their quest for
the truth.
I for one will be going to the next conference (whoever it is)
with a wad of money in my sweaty hand.

Mmmm... now you've got me thinking.
What if there were websites set up to entertain the lost and
lonely that dealt with the unexplained and the unknown...
that could be turned into a money-maker too!
Heaven forbid.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hoagland has beat you to it.

Hoagland's BS website

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

Hoagland has beat you to it.

Hoagland's BS website

Er... I don't know what to say, the site looks full of wonderous
topics and Mr. Hoagland must know all there is about them.
I recant what I said, obviously this Hoagland fellow is manning
the wall for all us amateur 'want to know' guys... alone at the
helm, being ridiculed about flying saucers and rubbery gray men.

I feel terrible, now.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456
That thought struck my mind too...why else would they use a dispersant known to me much toxic? Sacrifice the sea animals to save the humans...if true, of course.

It's too keep as much oil underwater and out of view of any and all cameras. The toxicity of Corexit is nothing compared to the vitriol of the public if the whole of the oil was allowed to float to the surface.
I honestly think it relates to how much oil BP is claiming is leaking. Thought behind this being their fine directly relates to how much oil has leaked. If they're able to "hide" some of that oil under the surface, the easier it is for them to crunch numbers making total oil lost numbers lower, thus reducing the amount of their fine.
It's all public relations and money..of course.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You should check it out BIAD. There are fantastic photos of the surface of Mars showing factory machined rocks that were once part of a Martian hoopajoop. All sorts of good misinformation there.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Read my post again.

How do you use a GPS device and a Depth Finder to map a gas bubble on the ocean floor?

That is the basis of the whole thing. I don't think an average High School Student would take more than a minute to cut through that.

Could be he is that illiterate, but do you really think so?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Oh crap, you got me

Bad, bad boy in a dress.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I do apologise... I was only kidding and when I saw
your second response, I had to giggle behind my hand!
I mean no harm, Blaine and I like your avatar.

'Hoagy for Prez!?'

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I'm a bit of a sucka for that area... so it may pay me to
stay away.
I believe Mr. Hoagland is striving to make a living and it
just happens that he's possibly using the gullible to do it.

Bless his li'l cotton socks.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
This bubble explosion/tsunami could knock the Earth off axis and disrupt the alignment of the poles and cause even more worldwide damage.

But that's the whole idea: just as Planet Nibiru and the Galactic Alignment cause the Earth to shift on it's axis in December 2012, causing a global catastrophe not seen in 4.5 billion years, the methane bubble under the Gulf will be ignited, creating an equal and opposite shift in the Earth's axis, and thus saving us all from absolute and total death

Hoaxland has just got the wrong end of the stick and doesn't appreciate how long it takes to build a sufficient methane bubble to counter the geomagnetic forces of Nibiru, so he thinks it's all going to happen this week. What a wally
It's taken decades of planning to get to this stage and it'll be another couple of years to get enough methane in place. It doesn't build up overnight you know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join