It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard C Hoagland Interview - Warns of Massive Tsunami & an Armageddon Scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm not going to try to pose as a NASA scientist or anything, but I would like to share a link to the US Minerals Management Service, which has a wealth of knowledge about everything from drilling policies, studies, government advisories, etc, etc...

Anyway here is a link to an accident report from 2004 where there was an explosion due to a loss of well control in the Gulf of Mexico

www.mms.gov...

The explosion occurred at a depth of only 23 feet. Not exactly the depths that they are dealing with in the current situation, but I find it tough believe that the scenario is impossible in current situations depths and subsequent pressure.

Hopefully someone smarter than me can discredit this whole thread. I really am praying for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BTW...

Gas bubble triggered oil rig blast: report

The deadly blowout of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico was triggered by a bubble of methane gas that escaped from the well and shot up the drill column, according to interviews with rig workers conducted during BP's internal investigation.

The bubble expanded quickly as it burst through several seals and barriers before exploding, according to workers.

While the cause of the explosion is still under investigation, the sequence of events described in the interviews provides the most detailed account of the April 20 blast that killed 11 workers and touched off the underwater gusher that has poured more than three million gallons of crude into the Gulf.

Portions of the interviews, two written and one taped, were described in detail to an Associated Press reporter by Robert Bea, a University of California Berkeley engineering professor who serves on a National Academy of Engineering panel on oil pipeline safety and worked for BP PLC as a risk assessment consultant during the 1990s. He received them from industry friends seeking his expert opinion.

Seven BP executives were on board the Deepwater Horizon rig celebrating the project's safety record, according to the transcripts. Meanwhile, far below, the rig was being converted from an exploration well to a production well.

www.cbc.ca...

Yet some people want to claim that no such bubbles could be forming at all?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If I supported the 'oilpocalypse' idea, but then seen this guy support it, I'd reconsider.

Hoagland is the uber'est of quacks. Debunked massively so many times and then you see him a year later saying the same stuff speaking it as matter of fact in total absolutes.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
George Noory + Steve Qualye + Richard C. Hoaglund = tremendous amount of BS, Lies, Deception.
I visited Richard C's facebook once and all I saw was his claims that CIA had infiltrated his fanpage.
Please stop inundating ATS with BS. Please.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Marrr]

ATTN: Disinfo Agent who uses a no-bs pic as an avatar.

Plese stop inundating ATS with your T/C violations.

OP, Thank you for posting this material. Gave you both a STAR & a FLAG!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Suppose you let your imagination go, then its possible to believe that the gulf of Mexico could erupt to change the landscape. Perhaps that is what Cayce was seeing when he predicted that Atlantis would rise again.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

ATS Disinfo agent? Hardly. Seems I have a backlog of paychecks that have yet to make their way to me.
Sounds like another paranoid, delusional Hoagland fantasy. Everything I have posted here has been factually accurate.
Go ahead and mentally absorb everything these men say. In fact, I encourage you to discuss their theories in open public, with friends, with total strangers, with anyone and everyone you meet. Be passionate about your opinions and don't hold back. Please report back with your experiences.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Hello Pixie long time. I've never listened to coast to coast or heard of this man before. One thing that caught my attention that might not have anything to do with this is shortly before and after this rig explosion in various countries mine explosions were happening from methanie gas. I know they happen from time to time but it just seemed so many of them in a short period of time was unusual.

Don't get me wrong here but as a person living in one of those gulf coast states I sure hope he is wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So did these huge bubbles of methane form and explode and cause mega tsunamis after Ixtoc I? And if not, what makes Deepwater so very different?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Okay, so Hoaxland says:

"Depth recorders have detected a gas bubble growing under the ocean floor"

Alright, I want the actual depth recorder data. Where did he get this data, and I want hard proof of this.

We all know gas IS leaking out, but a 'gas bubble growing'? I doubt that.
As usual, he can't back this up with hard data. I don't count a link to some 'blog' as proof either. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Someone on here posed a couple of questions which I passed on to Richard Hoagland. He answered today...here are the comments I made followed by the response from Richard and some comments by 2 other posters

Victoria Zasikowski RICHARD , someone posted a pertinent query on a forum, please answer :

I don't understand something. RCH's whole theory is based upon a massive build-up of gas. This requires an obstruction, defined as an inlet with no outlet. Thus creating a bubble.

But that's simply not what we have here. There's a pipeline going 24,......000 feet into the ... See Moreground. That is effectively a pressure release from all potential bubbles. How could RCH's hypothetical gas bubble form in the first place with the primary line being open-ended? There would be no chance for pressure to build up sufficiently, I would think

Victoria Zasikowski Also someone else said :

The formation above the resivoir won't be EXPLODING IN A HUGE CATASTROPHIC BOOM either. If it were that the gas is migrating further up the formation, it will reach a level and seep out into the gulf. It isn't able to form in an elastic formation like a balloon.

Richard C. Hoagland Then, how is this individual explaining the ~15 to 20-foot observed RISE in the floor of ther Gulf, for HUNDREDS of square miles around the Deepwater Horizons well?

SOMETHING is pushing the floor of the Gulf upward .. which is why I called for an immediate network of buoys to be placed in the Gulf, by NOAA, the USGS or the US Navy, to report on the rate of this continued "bulge" ....

This is deadly serious.

Vincent Cataldi Richard :

- what is the rate of change of this rise you speak of,
- and when did it start?
... See More
- please define "mud dog data!"

Richard C. Hoagland It's risen ~15 to 20 feet, over a several hundred square mile area, since Deepwater Horizons sank, April 22.

"Mud dog data" (or "mud LOG" data) is simply the vertical drilling record of ALL the geology the drill went down through, in drilling the well. There are literally thousands of wells in the Gulf, so if all that actual DATA were released, we... See More all could have -- via the analysis of independent geologists -- a MUCH better idea of just how fragile the bottom of the Gulf REALLY is ... and if there, indeed, could be a catastrophic explosion and tidal wave if this goes on ....

So, that "mud log" data is CRITICAL.

And, it is currently proprietary to EACH PRIVATE COMPANY.

THAT has to change ... ASAP.

E-mail to Obama and Ed Markey (the congressman who got the BP "spill cam" video posted) can get it instantly released.

Roo Reindeer It may well form an elastic formation like a balloon.
Rocks can do that.
Just like a volcano.
It depends on the nature of the rock.
Thats why RCH says we need the drilling data. ... See More
To analyse the geological structure.

For analogy assume a tire (or steel tank, or ceramic, or rock for that matter) is connected to a pump. Air leaks out, but if the pump puts new air in faster then the leak lets it out, the pressure continues to rise until it reaches nearly the pump pressure or it pops....

High pressure metal tanks can also rupture once a small leak begins. Whereas they are strong enough to hold indefinitely if not punctured. ...

Even though the broken well is a pressure reliever, if the flow into the porous rock close to the surface from the deeper well opening exceeds the rate at which it outflows from the seabed leaks the pressure will still continue to rise in that volume. Which will push up the seafloor.
Whether it bursts or farts depends on the pressure and the nature of the rock.

1)Very weak rock: contiues to leak all over the place, but won't "blow".
Like a tire which leaks like a sieve.

2)Very strong rock:pressure reaches eqilibrium with deep well pressure and the flow stops. Assuming well can be plugged at the surface.
Like a thick tire that can take full pump pressure even after plugging.

3)Medium rock:deep leak continues, pressure continues to build because outleak rate thru top is lower then inleak rate through bottom. If pressure reaches breaking point of rock, it blows.
Like a typical tire, 35psi rating, with small leak, connected to 200 psi pump.

We know the rock isn't "strong" because it is leaking out all over. Better hope it is weak

So ATS, Richard is claiming the sea floor itself has RISEN by 15-20 feet...? Going to see if I can find any whispers of this elswhere but I won't hold my breath. I know some people think he's talking BS but if you take the time to read through his stuff on FB he really does sound like he believes what he is saying . I listened to his coast to coast interview and there was no sense of him acting or talking crap, he was very worried and intense about it all.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I found this article which echoes exactly what Hoagland is saying could happen:

www.helium.com...

With the emerging evidence of fissures, the quiet fear now is the methane bubble rupturing the seabed and exploding into the Gulf waters. If the bubble escapes, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will instantaneously sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists measuring the oil plumes' advance will instantly perish.

As horrible as that is, what would follow is an event so potentially horrific that it equals in its fury the Indonesian tsunami that killed more than 600,000, or the destruction of Pompeii by Mt. Vesuvius.

The ultimate Gulf disaster, however, would make even those historical horrors pale by comparison. If the huge methane bubble breaches the seabed, it will erupt with an explosive fury similar to that experienced during the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens in the Pacific Northwest. A gas gusher will surge upwards through miles of ancient sedimentary rock—layer after layer—past the oil reservoir. It will explode upwards propelled by 50 tons psi, burst through the cracks and fissures of the compromised sea floor, and rupture miles of ocean bottom with one titanic explosion.

The burgeoning toxic gas cloud will surface, killing everything it touches, and set off a supersonic tsunami with the wave traveling somewhere between 400 to 600 miles per hour.

While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 100 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 6 inches above sea level. A supersonic tsunami would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of minutes. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions. Of course the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia—a state with no Gulf coastline—would also experience tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of casualties.

This video THE DAY THE EARTH NEARLY DIED part 5 concerning the Permian extinction and shows released methane's capability. It specifically mentions GOM methane.

I am not a Hoagland fan, but sometimes maybe he is accurate. In this case, I hope not.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

The simple answer to your question is that the gas bubble would build if the outlet pipe vented a smaller volume than the amount of the buildup.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Very good post. Thank you for sharing.

Yes, I have e-mailed President Obama once each week since the first week this happened and have let him/whomever reads my e-mails know that I am not a happy camper.

For whatever good it's going to do.

Good idea, if everyone e-mailed the White House maybe that might carry more weight.

www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Theres another thread on here where a poster might have found some sort of evacuation code watch for rich people.

Heres the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just to clarify...Are you getting this information from your FaceBook again? Pretty sure you know where I'm going with this.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

Just to clarify...Are you getting this information from your FaceBook again? Pretty sure you know where I'm going with this.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Marrr]

Look, I am just posting potential information. I'm not saying it's true, I am throwing it out there as I do with all sorts of info then trying to see if there is anything to back it up. In this very serious situation it is prudent to examine all sorts of info that comes out, even if it's a rumour. Sometimes rumours turn into facts, there is no way to know unless you hear the rumour, log it and then wait and see if something comes out to back it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

A good article, nice find, it's good to understand the science behind it. I understand about the concern with the fissures but at the same time they could have formed as a result of the explosion ? Still there is obviously alot of methane down there and someone earlier said a gas bubble's potential to grow depends on how much of the gas is able to escape from an exit point....if there's not enough escaping out then that bubble will keep growing ? I don't know how methane is formed, what makes it produce more of itself...what would make it grow into a bigger and bigger bubble, how fast the bubble grows , ie how many metres per day...these are perhaps pertinent questions now

So as I understand it, a certain percentage of methane has an escape route through the pipe and sea bed fissures but if the bubble down there is massive the amount escaping will not be enough to prevent an eventual explosion

I wonder how long it would take for an ancient methane bubble to break through the sea bed in one monumental explosion...I guess it's a case of waiting to see if more and more fissures appear though I don't see how the public could find out about whether or not huge amounts of new fissures were appearing. There is just the live feed of certain small areas available. I guess an order to evacuate would be the telling signal

[edit on 17/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'd be more concerned with Canary Island...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Do not trust Richard C Hoagland at all. He is not a credible source what so ever. This is an absurd claim made my him and he has no proof to back it up. "yes umm an insider who I can not reveal told me". Give me a break. This guy is a fear mongeror and an attention whore.

see this previous thread for more info!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
About that article at Helium.com:
www.helium.com...

Well, who ever wrote that article is a moron.

"The Sunshine State only averages about 6 inches above sea level"

REALLY??? 6 inches above sea level? lol... uh, in central Florida, some areas are above 140ft... I'd put the 'average' more like 77ft.

6 inches... LOL.. good lord. THAT statement alone destroyed any credibility the article had... It's all about "would, could and may" not IS.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by Pharyax]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join