It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Edwards and other mainstream psychics,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm wondering what your opinions on some of these people are. I like watching him on occasion, I think there may be some truth to what he does, he's got a huge following, and I don't see how they could fake everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, he is a fake. The way he did it was mikes all over the studio. They just listened to people talk and repeated what they heard and let people fill in the blanks from there. If you notice, they are no longer making new shows.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Pop, there goes my bubble. Although I did read an article where they stuck is ass in a sealed booth, and he "read" somebody in another booth. They were bragging about how acurate he was. Faked also I have no doubt.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
this has been talked about on ATS before heres a link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

im afraid to say i believed in john edwards before this, now i really think its all a trick sad really,

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
cultureshock,

I don't know about this booth thing, but try this as an example of how he could do it. He picks up good info from the mikes and has a peron working there find that person and points him out to John. John then scans the audience looking for this guy and picks him for a "special" reading. I am not saying this is how he did it, but it is my first thought of how to fake it. I have to admit, I was fond of watching him, at first. Then I decided to investigate it further and this was the result I found.

Please understand, I was not trying to be nean to you, just answer your question-even if it was no the answer you wanted.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Asking about the Crossing Over phenomenon earned me my first official smackdowns on ATS.

It's been debunked, and debunked, and debunked again as Asala said.

And it is a sad day for the hopeful when ignorance is first denied.

Like hearing there's no Santa Claus. (Great now that will get googled and ruin it for everyone.)

But it opens new doors as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
mrmonsoon, mean? Not in any stretch, I surely don't mind being told the truth, I've only seen his show a few times, and if it is all a fake it's done well.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Soo true Rant!

I was a firm believer in this guy untill that thread.

Kinda makes you feel cheated somewhat,

But i do believe there a real psycics out there who do this kinda stuff for real,

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You are very correct, but for ever person who can, there are 100+ who say they can, but can't.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is an old carnival trick.... Pat Robertson does the same thing on the 700 club with his "Words of Knowledge"... And Uri Geller with his watch thing.... They say what they will...in many cases picked up info from Planted people in the audience and the microphones. Or on the larger scale they ask people to call in and Claim the healing...or say their watch started working. They will always get someone who's foot stops hurting or watch starts working to call in...and Bingo, they're "legit"

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
But look, how can a fake still have his own official web site! I thought everything on the web was the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All the government agencies have their own web sites and....well, you get the idea.

P.S., I got the joke, just responding with another joke.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
read all there was to read here, and it first glance it does appear that there is an element of forgery at work...

BUT............

(lol) here goes...

From my view point, i cant deny that certain people can communicate with spirit energy..if i was to say i am my own biggest sceptic, would you understand what i mean ? it happens, i make contact, i tell people (strangers even) personal things of detail that is undeniable to myself and the person i am talking to. personaly i hate people who charge money for this. if i was to charge money it would feel like i HAVE TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING and therfor i would be forceing things.
sometimes after something has happened (a reading, that i never plan) i feel drained, and also at the same time silly. understand that i am as uncomfortable with this (gift?) as a cat is in water. i am always looking for reasons why !!!

i know that when i communicate it is real when the other person (john edwards word here) validates the information i give them. sometimes it is that strong that i tell them things that crack them up into pieces. names, dates, spacific things i just couldnt be guessing.
i would love nothing else than to not be like this. but i am, and i want to use it to help, end of story. money isnt ever a consideration in my mind, as it would feel wrong.
i know there are hundreds/thousands of fake psychics out there, but i couldnt begin to understand the ttricks behind it. i have no idea how i could fake the things i see. for me it seems 100% impossible.

its like hearing a lawyer is a bas***d, you then judge all lawyers with the same label. of course this is not true.. there is infact some good wholesome lawyers outthere

back to the point.

if someone could prove to me i am making this up, i would go see a Dr and get pills, and probably be happier, thats a fact.
i have had this since the age of around 7 year old. i know its real.
i have nothing to prove, and if people believe or not i dont care.
but that is not to be confused with a faith in a religion, where its faith rather than proof. i have the proof, but i dont have faith.
i am skeptical of this, although i shouldnt be.

p.s...John Edwards sent me �150 worth of tapes free, after i emailed him a few times, and gave him a prediction of an event that i have documented with several people. the event is imaterial. but it was enough for this guy to send me free tapes.
i would be stunned to see him being a fake, but it wouldnt stop me from knowing what i know, and doing what im doing.

i could make money everyday, but my conscience would'nt allow it. i am not religious. but i sometimes refere to it as "god given"

maybe one day i will fiqure it all out

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Like I said, there are people with certain abilities or gifts. The issue is there are so many who can't, but claim they can. John is a fake and it was proven, that is why the show was cancelled-notice no new shows for a while. To be frank, I never belived in any of this stuff until my abilities showed themselves-see Paranormal Studies-"What do you call this" thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've had a gift sinse I was a child. I get ESP in dreams, there's been a few times I've warned people about certain things that have come true. The difficult part is listening to your intuition and learning to control it.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
jon edwards gave me bad vibes through the tv. that is why i did not believe. he does not look like psychic, he looks like retarded alien.

well, not that i know what a psychic looks like but......

he looked fake to me that's better.

waht

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
when he came to Australia i saw it on the tv where everyone was lining up for several hours before the studio opened. everyone was was sitting down talking about what they want him to "crossover" they just spoke about everyone about their dead loved ones and so forth, so yes, it would be easy to have plants inside the audience cue line to listen for this info, or cameras and mics in the hall.

simple.

as for the booth readings, i'll leave that for someone else

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cultureshock
. The difficult part is listening to your intuition and learning to control it.

that is where i am at. trying to figure out whats is me and what is not.
if u understand.

maybe we are all just fruit cakes

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Originally posted by cultureshock
. The difficult part is listening to your intuition and learning to control it.

that is where i am at. trying to figure out whats is me and what is not.
if u understand.

maybe we are all just fruit cakes

Remember, If we were not a little crazy, we would suely go nuts.

top topics

join