It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Chinese Media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And when was the last time pictures like that where even aloud to be taken in China, let alone be smuggled out so quickly, or where they just handy?
And yes the picture of the BOP, anybody here read "BOP" instructions? seeing that this, relatively undamaged looking, BOP, is what alegedly caused the blow out, Id be interested in knowing if that robotic arm was turning it on?? or what?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

My point was not directed solely at you, but there were one or two people who want to keep pushing some kind of 'Chinese agenda'; that it is a Chinese intention to make the US look bad or something.

This is wrong, and is clutching at straws, deflecting the real problem of the oil spill itself. As said, the site with that collection of photos cannot even be accessed from China, so it is next to useless having such a site in Chinese, when it can't even be veiwed by Chinese in China.

Second, your photos are cherrypicked - yeah they show disgusting pollution, but could very easily give the wrong impression. These sites are extreme, very extreme, and not as prevalent as one could make out if viewing just your photos.

The point is, I seriously doubt there is any agenda here whatsoever by 'the Chinese' as some are making out.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Anyone can take pictures in China of scenery or in this case destruction to scenery. Every news agency and major news outlet from around the world has journalists and photographers in China. If they saw such pollution, they would take a photo of it as they are free to do so. If they are stopped, it becomes an even bigger story.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by cloudbreak]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I am so ANGRY! I want to stand on the rooftops and scream
, what pisses me off the most is the fact that OBAMA speaks complete and utter rubbish on TV. [edit on 16-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

"Your anger gives you focus --evil laughter--" -Supreme Chancellor

Seriously if it pisses you off so much, then stop letting your life revolve around bad news.

People complain about the news on TV because they report so much violence and news of deaths and tragedy. So, then they eventually figure they shouldn't watch the news.

If you can't take the news without it paralyzing you into an emotional state that dis-empowers you, then stay away from it for your own good.

I myself get sick of ATS's negativity. It's like a super-indulgence in negativity. We already know the oil spill is bad, and we've seen pictures...yet here on ATS are even more pictures -- as if it changes anything! It's like those videos that repeatedly show the planes crashing into the towers on 9/11. Seeing that over and over while complaining about how horrible it makes you feel is admitting you either want to feel incredibly angry, or you're not aware of how it is affecting you.

Move on if you can't take the news without getting pissed off. It's not doing you or anyone else a favor.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

China is drilling between Cuba the Florida Keys. Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by BobAthome

Anyone can take pictures in China of scenery or in this case destruction to scenery. Every news agency and major news outlet from around the world has journalists and photographers in China. If they saw such pollution, they would take a photo of it as they are free to do so. If they are stopped, it becomes an even bigger story.

Of course it is not a smaller story, if they are charged with espionage and given a secret trial.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

I guess Communism isn't what it used to be,, but it is still world domination right? or did i miss the memo??

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

The most interesting one is the one with 2 plumes of smoke. one if the foreground and one in the background......

Have we been told about both of these spots ?

I can't remember it being talked about but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Of course it is not a smaller story, if they are charged with espionage and given a secret trial.

That is something I would be way, way more worried about in the US, than in China. In any case, isn't there some sort of media blackout about the gulf, and haven't people been physically stopped from taking pictures at some of the sites?

Isn't that part of the (mistaken) crux behind this whole thread? That somehow they are 'Chinese' media pictures (which they aren't) and therefore the US is censoring the news?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This proves our government is taking steps to control our media to prevent us from seeing what is happening to our own god damn coast line. This pictures show cleanup efforts which is good, but they also show the extent of the damage. Obama has lied to us on his press conference! This angers me because he is dealing with it terribly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics OP. These are horrific. I have added a link to these on FB.
I have a lot of anger inside me and would love to confront these people. But this is not the place for me to pent my frustrations.

I agree that we are forced into using these fuel types and many products use oil in the process.

I watched a documentary on Nat Geo channel last weekend called aftermath. The episode was about what could happen if the world ran out of oil. In the episode it gave you a idea as to how much oil is used in the manufacturing process. Staggering.

I am doing my part to be green. I can only do so much. Just a shame the green products are so highly priced. Hopefully the TPTB will come to there senses and change the way we live.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Me thinks "China" has an agenda with these pictures?

www.bp.com...

If they are responsible then why have they turned this into some kind of propaganda attempt against US as if 'we' are responsible?

(Horrible pictures, just sickening)

What's even more confusing is why the press release you just linked to has a release date of November 3, 2010 -- a date which, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
Staggering images considering CNN cant even get an interview with the guy at the local gas station

CNN = Controlled National Network

And we have the audacity to question China's Human Rights?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Me thinks "China" has an agenda with these pictures?

www.bp.com...

If they are responsible then why have they turned this into some kind of propaganda attempt against US as if 'we' are responsible?

(Horrible pictures, just sickening)

"Me thinks" that you don't.

Why do you thinks they are turning it into some kinda propaganda?

You should be asking yourself why your Government is turning it into a propoganda attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of the American people and the world??

Why is the USA Government censoring reporting in the Gulf States? Why do the photos show very, very, very limited attempts to clean up the shorelines and dying vegetation?

I will tell you why, the American political system is so rank and corrupt, and has been for so long that the average American can no longer even see it...
it has become a way of life....

Obama is playing the game, talking big, talking tough, yeah big deal a USD$20bn fund..... 4 years of dividends for BP... dividends to shareholders, NOT Profit, Profit is about $20bn a year......

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can't understand how my American media has been coerced to cover up the severity of this disaster. If you know a reporter ask him why he and his organization have chosen not to sensationalize this, as they have always sensasionalized everything else. I am getting tired of being treated like a child by my elected government.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
In a way this is everone's fault for becoming dependant on oil in our daily lives. We love the convenience of cars and airplanes, the cd's and dvd's in our players. The plastic that covers nearly everything we buy including the grocery store. We have forgotten how to live without it and now we're junkies searching for our next fix. This time we drove into the wrong neighborhood to find our drugs.

[...]

Seeing those oil covered animals is so truly sickening and sad. It is my fault, and I am sorry for my part in this mess.
Will we learn anything from this? Can we change our ways?
Our grandchildren will curse us for what we have done to their future.

You're so goddamn right. It's a terrible shame, what's happening there. Though I'm far away from you in Germany, I know that what is happening in front of your door is also my buisiness. Because on the one hand I'm a part of this buisiness by being a consumer, just like you and everyone else.

On the other hand - we humans may think, that nationality or frontiers do mean something. In fact, from a greater perspective, it means NOTHING!

As earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes know no frontiers, also this pitch black # does not now any frontier. There are no seven seas... Look at the globe, or at pictures shot in space... there is just one blue sea...

Only god knows, how many animals and plants (and humans too...) we lose every day irretrievably by destroying not just the sea.

It's a terrible shame... from the pulpits, our priests are preaching that Adam and Eve made a sin and where thrown out of paradise because of that.

I ask you that: How much more have WE sinned by turning this once beautiful world into an ashtray???

But if we go down in flames, there will be no devil sit aside and laugh his ass off. Because there is no devil.

And god and the angels up in heaven will just cry bitterly, because we #ed it all up.

May god, those animals and the people of the future forgive us...

Something has to change... WE have to change.

Will we ever change? Or are we so dumb to move on and on and do our buisiness as usual?

Jesus won't come down to clean all this mess up.

The people up in space won't come down and do what must be done.

It's on us.

Every single one of us has to think about which part he or she plays in this tragedy.

That's what we have to think about. And what really was meant with "CHANGE"

Were we really so stupid to believe, one single man could bring a change?

WE ALL have to change

nothing less...

And now, with a shudder I remember something, that I saw just some days ago:

In the light of this catastrophe... what is talked about in the interviews in the following video seems to be even more prophetic... hear the girls words (at 05min 26 sec.). what she's been told...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17/6/10 by Peloquin]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Where can I go to volunteer help to save some of these animals? Does any of you guys out there know of a credible organization that is gathering volunteers to help out or is that out of the question. Maybe ATS should amass a large volunteer group of all us critical thinkers to get the job done. I see post after post of all of us deeply concerned with this problem I'm not going to say its all doom and gloom but no matter what degree of seriousness you may or may not think this is everyone should be on the same page that it is serious enough to warrant the help of all of us if possible. I am sure there are thousands out there that would do something to help if they had the means. I saw those chinese pictures and all I could say was Damn! If anyone has any good word for me u2u or whatever I'd appreciate it thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very, very important photos!! very historical I think about how the country reacted with the valdez that was nothing compared to this. I wonder how history will look back at this, and by that I mean the far future because the gulf coast will be seeing this for a loooooooooong time. how sad

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's easy to feel forgotten about in the South, unless Mr. Sessions is making us all look like our parents are siblings, argh.

These pictures prove otherwise. Hopefully, people will feel for the creatures, at least, and pray for their rescue, survival, and recovery. Some of these species are only on their first steps off the endangered list, and are greatly valued and beloved here.

Please pray for them and those that help them to survive.

Thanks for the great posting!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I am so ANGRY! I want to stand on the rooftops and scream

I second that. It is a sad sad day for mankind. I hope this situation finally wakes people up to the corruption and vested interests of our politicians and their interwoven evil relationship with multinational companies.

Bla bla bla... all this talk about "waking up". People already know! They ARE awake!

Nobody can actually DO anything. That is the problem.

Angry? I dont even follow news anymore because I know we will have thousands more of similar events, thousands more of these threads and news reports, and thousands more times of people doing absolutely nothing. Because we cant.

It feels better posting something, showing sympathy, but none of us are contributing to the solution.

Because what is the solution to human greed?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join