It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe we are under martial law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I thought martial law came with fanfare and Revolution? That's what Alex Jones always said anyway. If that day were to come, most people would just hide in their homes.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We have many crappy laws including the patriot act. But in real life we do not live under martial law yet. I think we will see it in the future and should prepare ourselves for it but right now we are still free to travel and speak and assemble so on......

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by hawkiye

We have many crappy laws including the patriot act. But in real life we do not live under martial law yet. I think we will see it in the future and should prepare ourselves for it but right now we are still free to travel and speak and assemble so on......

No your not free you need permission to travel and can be stopped and shaken down at any time and asked for your papers and if you do not have your papers in order you will be taken to jail. You need permission to do just about anything you do now and if you do it without getting permission you will be punished. Like I said people have no memory of living in a free republic so they think a police state is freedom... Sigh!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Hunny we have been under martial law executive orders since the first world war is as far as I went back... if they where gonna stick it to us they would have done it by now!!!!

It is not anything new and is in place for the simple fact of being able to be AT war. While during that time being able to have the powers to set into place not so "likable" plans etc. in the theater of war.

Unfortunately these orders also give them the authority to police the USA in MANY MANY ways. Which of course makes a whole lot of people nervous. But in all of the ones I have looked at; there are very few portions that have actually been enacted on US soil.

I am going to go back over the order you have listed and see what came "before it". They are always and I mean always rehashing OLD orders to keep up with changing times.

When you find an order that you haven't "seen" before look through it and find the "amendment sections" to former bills that came before it. More times than not they are consolidating a few bills into one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree in principle but reality and principle are to different things. Freedom is not something that is given or that can be taken away.

The point of this thread was that we are under martial law. And I don't believe that we are yet. We can argue finer points forever but I stand by my judgment of this thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Martial law is coming, first to the gulf then other regions once the chaos begins to spread. Millions of refugees will overwhelm the rest of the country, our economy will sputter and fail, energy prices will double, seafood and produce prices will double as well and knowing Washington we'll have a new war on our hands to boot.
We have been under a state of National emergency, either from 1933 til present or 9/11/2001 til now. Either way the term "martial law" becomes meaningless as we have lost our representative form of government and the Executive branch basically does whatever it wants through executive orders.
The true root of the problem lies in the fact that since WW2 our economy has become dependant on military manufacturing to keep the flow of money moving. If we have no wars then these production facilities would go under. It's always about the money.
We're not under martial law yet because they don't want to start a revolution or cause mass panic. The gulf situation is such that eventually all the gasses and toxins in the gulf waters are going to be blown in to shore and then the real trouble starts. People would be sickened by the tens of thousands, perhaps millions. I'm really afraid the government has absolutely no intention of trying to save these people. They will tell everyone that "everything's fine" "there's no danger" and allow them to just get sick and die where they are instead of the nightmare of trying to relocate millions upon millions of people who have no assets or money.
If you see the rich from the gulf area disappearing then it's time to move out yourself if you live there.
As Americans, we should open our homes to those caught in this catastrophe. The government may have no intention of helping them at all so I think it's up to us, the American people to act in whatever capacity we can.
If there was ever a time for prayer it is now, for the people affected and for the planet. Our technology has opened Pandora's box and God only knows what will come out of it. Stay strong, help one another and prepare for tough times ahead. Even the best case scenarios show a long and difficult future ahead for us.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree in principle but reality and principle are to different things. Freedom is not something that is given or that can be taken away.

The point of this thread was that we are under martial law. And I don't believe that we are yet. We can argue finer points forever but I stand by my judgment of this thread.

I am not arguing any finer points I posted a link to the senate document that unequivocally proves we are under martial law and have been since 1933. Apparently you did not bother to look at it or don't care. AS I said congress renews the war powers act every year which suspends the constitution. You can believe what you want and ignore the proof all you like. It is a fact and I defy anyone to refute it with hard evidence and not just their opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join