It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: Major Donald Keyhoe *1958 Video Interview*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
UFOs: Major Donald Keyhoe Pt.1 of 3

UFOs: Major Donald Keyhoe Pt.2 of 3

UFOs: Major Donald Keyhoe Pt.3 of 3

Keyhoe the champion of Exopolitics, interviewed by Mike Wallace during the 1950's. The author of FLYING SAUCERS ARE REAL, Keyhow set about trying to prove that UFOs exist and is being covered by the US Airforce. Former Marine Air Corps, director of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, conducted an investigation of the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). Keyhoe talks to Wallace about the United States military, reports of UFO sightings, the various theories explaining UFOs, government cover-ups, and the possibility of interplanetary war. An historic film well worth preserving.

Imagine how hard it would have been back in 1958 for someone like this outstanding brave and intelligent man Major Donald Keyhoe to put himself out there - in front of the whole world to laugh at and be ridiculed - as well as be ATTACKED for his knowledge and disclosure effort.

Thank you sir, you are a true hero and deserve to be recognized as such.

Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 5-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Add external sources tags mod edit and note

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Keyhoe the champion of Exopolitics,

Hi watchZEITGEISTnow,

Thanks for posting this video.

While I'm also grateful to the people that uploaded these videos to Youtube, I think that the description of Keyhoe in the text that accompanies this video (i.e. "Keyhoe the champion of Exopolitics") is open to question.

I think it is extremely doubtful that Keyhoe would support the individuals within the "Exopolitics" movement - led alone "champion" their beliefs.

Keyhoe and NICAP were on the conservative end of the ufological spectrum. I think he would have looked on the Exopolitics crowd with disdain.

This is certainly true of one of his colleagues at NICAP, Richard Hall. Dick Hall used to refer to those within exopolitics as "the exocranials".

In one post on UFO UpDates he referred to the "self-serving distortion" that is (allegedly) "typical of Salla and the other exocranials". He concluded that:

They are a pack of charlatans.

ufoupdateslist.com...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

good video and a must watch for anyone that hasn't seen it

yes he was ridiculed and attacked from every direction (still is) and early on he blamed the Air Force for most of the trouble. i suspect the CIA was also involved with that since they did in fact infiltrate NICAP and the supposed-Ex CIA agent that took over the organization "forced" Keyhoe to retire.

By 1969 Keyhoe turned his focus away from the military and focused on the CIA as the source of the UFO cover up. NICAP's board, headed by Colonel Joseph Bryan III, forced Keyhoe to retire as NICAP chief. Under Bryan's leadership, the NICAP disbanded its local and state affiliate groups, and by 1973 it had been completely closed.

en.wikipedia.org...

on a different broadcast Keyhoe was cut off because he didn't follow a script !

In one of the more bizarre incidents of UFO history, a major CBS Television broadcast about UFOs, sponsored by a large corporation, was cut off the air when Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe, USMC (Ret.) departed from the script and started to ad lib.

The "Armstrong Circle Theater," sponsored by the Armstrong Cork Company of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was a popular program at that time. The UFO discussion, broadcast on Jan. 22, 1958, was titled UFOs: Enigma of the Skies. It had been carefully scripted under the strong influence of the Air Force.

Frustrated by the continued efforts of the Air Force to control what he wanted to say, Maj. Keyhoe started to announce that NICAP (the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, which he directed) had been working with a Senate committee to investigate UFO secrecy, when the sound level of the audio - very obviously -- was abruptly cut.

www.nicap.org...

On Jan. 28, 1958, Major Keyhoe sent a form letter to the NICAP membership list informing them that what he was about to say when he was cut off the air was:

In the last six months, we (NICAP) have been working with a Senate committee investigating official secrecy on Unidentified Flying Objects. If open hearings are held, I feel it will prove beyond doubt that the flying saucers are real machines under intelligent control.

www.nicap.org...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hey guys thanks for the further info on the Major.

I'll read up some more on him.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nice one for making the thread, have been doing some research on Keyhoe and he seemed like one of the good guys for sure.

Disappointing the way that NICAP ended up too, maybe the government/intelligence agencies/military were in fear of the organisation because it was doing things too well and had a big following. Nothing like forcing it to close down if it's helping people see things in a different way too much for their liking. If it was the CIA that got it shut down I wouldn't be surprised, but am glad at least that CUFOS (Hynek's organisation, Center for UFO Studies.) managed to purchase their case files before it went down.

new topics

top topics

join