It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat banned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Happened to me a couple of times... I just don't bother going there until its fixed.

I contacted staff and they told me that its more like a 'kick' than a ban, it lasts for one hour and then it lets you get back in. Thats how its supposed to go anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Happened to me a couple of times... I just don't bother going there until its fixed.

I contacted staff and they told me that its more like a 'kick' than a ban, it lasts for one hour and then it lets you get back in. Thats how its supposed to go anyway.

I am banned fro ever or until the boss says - unlock it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a long shot, but I has a similar problem on another site and someone advised me to unplug my phone line for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
It apharently changes the IP address or something(yeah, I'm not very technically minded
)
After that it let me use the chat again.
But as I said, I don't know if it'll work here, but it might be worth a try.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Is that where your one liners come from on FB? Chat! LOL!

Ok please let Devo back in chat, I love his posts on FB, they make me laugh! I need laughter!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's all good. I'm back. And I'm also back to blowing up my facebook status.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This just happend to me. I made a comment about Paris Hilton and I was just banned no warning. I used the # so I would not voilate their censorship rules.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was banned also for a slip up cos, it's really a slang word for poop...... but a cus word by ats T&C so ya ust have to watch it closely.
Although, I was banned for an hour..
yep,.. and yet ive seen others and me included ..use symbols to spell words out or just spell it in a way that the auto check .. over looks it ???? IDK as for me I just rather accept the T&C and until they decide to change it ... but its not to say I wont slip up again I hope not lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I said the name of another website and was banned from chat for an hour.

Can anybody top that?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

oh well freedom of speech is not really a freedom anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The BIGGEST issue is:

It's obvious that content about everyone's different beliefs and views about politics, religion and our history, would be WAY MORE OFFENSIVE than four squiggly letters.

Unless your ears are BLEEDING, get over a little curse word.

It doesn't affect anything

link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Can't talk about that - I got warned, no ban yet - learned my lesson, I think.

link   
i was excited about getting 200 posts so i could hurry up and chat.. but now im kinda scared. it seems like north koren style censorship. im betting i wont do well.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Using "cus" instead of "curse" is way more offensive to me than actually cursing.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
I was banned also for a slip up cos, it's really a slang word for poop...... but a cus word by ats T&C so ya ust have to watch it closely.
Although, I was banned for an hour..
yep,.. and yet ive seen others and me included ..use symbols to spell words out or just spell it in a way that the auto check .. over looks it ???? IDK as for me I just rather accept the T&C and until they decide to change it ... but its not to say I wont slip up again I hope not lol

The same thing happened to me. I was like
I was shocked! Right in the middle of a conversation. I was soooooo disappointed. I mean, there are words far more profane.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use still apply in ATS Chat. Follow T&C, there will be no issues.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter or feel something happened that should not have, feel free to U2U myself or any other Staff Member, or use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

This forum is not the place for complaints:

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Closed.

[edit on July 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by MissMegs

Yes they do!! I crack up at those posts!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join