It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed man wins SC Democratic primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
news.gather.com...

THis is all over conservative talk radio.

Alvin Greene is an unemployed, 32 year old, army veteran. Alvin Greene is also the Democratic candidate to oppose South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint.

Alvin Greene won the South Carolina primary without any campaign funds. He paid the 10,000 dollar filing fee out of his own pocket, and beat Vic Rawl, a former judge and state legislator who had a 186,000 dollar campaign budget.

"I wasn’t surprised, but not really. I mean, just a little, but not much. I knew I was on top of my campaign, and just stayed on top of everything, I just—I wasn't surprised that much, just a little. I knew that I worked hard and did," Greene said. "I'm not concentrating on how I was elected—it's history. I’m the Democratic nominee—we need to get talking about America back to work, what's going on, in America."

Greene was in the military for 13 years, and said that he got the idea to run for office in 2008 while he was in Korea.

"I just saw the country was in bad shape two years ago…the country was declining," Greene says. "I wanted to make sure we continue to go up on the
right track."

Now here's the rub. The repubs love it. THey know Jim Demint wasn't going to lose his seat anyway but this assures it. But the democrats, and more specificly black democrats are trying to overturn his nomination. He's charged with showing lewd photos to a college student. Wasn't Marion Barry a convicted criminal when he was elected? And doesn't the Senate have oversight on DC elections? Now the dems who were fighting for computerized ballots are now trying to yank them because of his 60% victory.

WHere is Jesse Jackson. WHere is Al Sharpton? WHy aren't they crying out protecting this African American who legally won his primary? Why are these African American senators fighting to get rid of the ethics committee speaking out against this cat?

I thought it was an interesting story.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just watched this: www.youtube.com...

Sounded to good to be true from reading above, and it is. This guy wont go very far. If people vote him in.. well.. you get more of the same BS, no surprise there.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by R3KR]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They are calling on the Attorney General to investigate. Get this...they think there is a conspiracy, including but not limited to hacking into the voting machines. Apparently, the Democrats are furious and accused Greene of being paid for by someone unknown and having henchmen electronically hack the voting machines.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Kinda old news, been all over already....

BUT, catch this:

Check into, why don't you, WHO fronted the ~~$10,400 filing fee....from this "unemployed", know-nothing boob....Mr. Greene.

If ths doesn't have Karl Rove's fingerprints all over it....????
i
(ANYONE care to use the 'wayback' machine to re-visit a certain presidential Campaign??)....back when John McCain was FIRST smeared, in favor of the 'Golden Boy George W. Bush'??

Look it up....it was in ONE of the Carolina States....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
weedwhacker is right
there's already a thread on it

here's one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
weedwhacker is right
there's already a thread on it

As a SC resident, I was going to point out this as being old news, but since I am kind of a new poster as well, I am sure at one point or another I started a duplicate thread. OP...use the search function next time.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

WHAT Democrats are opposed to him? Can you be specific? Where do you get your information? How do you know what black Democrats in South Carolina are thinking? Are you sure he's not a Republican plant? That would make sense too.

At first glance the candidate doesn't seem really qualified, but I just might vote for him over a Republican.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

WOW!

Listen very carefully, the reporter asks, Are you worried about your background?, and he answers "no it doesn't anymore".

Sealed records anyone?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You can find out all about him in my thread.

Politician Watch #2--- Alvin Michael Greene (SC Mystery Candidate)

An interesting character, although information is limited.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"The party's choice in the 1st Congressional district lost. The party's choice for U.S. Senate lost. Sounds like a pattern to me," Clyburn told TPM. He said Greene was one of three Democratic candidates in three separate races whom the state party didn't back or even recognize. All three candidates are African American.

One is Gregory Brown, who ran unsuccessfully against Clyburn in the 6th Congressional district. Another is Ben Frasier, who prevailed against state party-favored candidate Robert Burton in the 1st district. Greene, Brown and Frasier have something else in common -- they haven't filed any campaign finance reports with the Federal Elections Commission.

Brown paid his filing fee, ran television ads on the most expensive station in the district and put his campaign slogan on billboards and yard signs, Clyburn tells TPM.

"Somebody paid for all that, yet he showed not one dime in contributions.
He spent $300,000 if he spent a penny," Clyburn said.

talkingpointmemo.com
*My edits

That is pretty sketchy.
If you're unemployed but can drop 10,000$ on an unlikely run, something is up.

Granted it is giving Conservative radio something to drone on about but I'm surprised people aren't wondering about all that.

I wonder what he got promised to fail like that?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Looks like someone created a new puppet to fool the masses into thinking politics arent rigged in the u.s. . Only a matter of time till people learn that like all politicians there you the people dont matter.. Regardless what party you guys vote for their all the same. This ones just a new face same old tired game..

new topics

top topics

join