It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to break out of Mind Prison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just wrote an article at my blog about Breaking out of Mind Prison.

Is being out of your mind such a bad thing? To go out of your ‘mind’ is to perceive other levels of reality, a broader range of frequencies, and to experience a greater connection to other levels of the self. In a world still being dominated by mind, infinite consciousness is beginning to make itself more known with each passing moment. Surely whenever somebody breaks out of mind prison they are known by those who remain trapped in the pen to ‘have gone out of their mind’ or to have ‘lost their mind’. This is because when you allow your true self, infinite consciousness, to guide your actions you will often do things that do not make sense to a mind-dominated world. Confused? Let me explain…

What do you think is the best way to break out of mind prison?

I make some suggestions at the end of the post..

Please comment either here or on the comments of that post, whichever you prefer.

What are your tips for breaking out of the prison of the mind?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Explinfin

First off great thread, ive often thought about this.

Money. Money is a big thing for me. If I make money I want to spend, when I spend I feel like kind of a big deal. My ego rises, next thing I want is a some arm candy, and people to look at me and say "hes got it goin on" or "hes kinda a big deal".

Recently I took it easy, lived at a cabin of mine for a few weeks, and saw everything, everything started to make sense to me. The beauty of nature, it made me tear up at times just knowing how complicated everything really is and sometimes for me, I could see the divinity in life; the magic. Now im working, but im starting to fade back into the ideal citizen.

I look at this as a great test to become more disciplined and have a stronger will. S+F because this plays a very big roll in my life at this moment. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Get out.

Simply leave your current environment and move to one that is completely unlike it.

I take a lone vacation every year. A week.

I go somewhere quiet and out of the way and do whatever it is I feel like doing. Seven straight days.

Best idea I ever had.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Get out.

Simply leave your current environment and move to one that is completely unlike it.

I take a lone vacation every year. A week.

I go somewhere quiet and out of the way and do whatever it is I feel like doing. Seven straight days.

Best idea I ever had.

~Keeper

Well you are a stronger man then me. A week would never suffice me. Over the recent months, I have a apprenticed under carpenters, learned to garden, and well I own a cabin and trap line, all so one day ill be able to one day jump off the grid and see that alternate reality I crave so much.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
That was a great article, the kind that I crave here at ats.
I think it deserves its own thread, and not just a link to a different website. Although I'm glad I "found" a new site to visit

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Its easy, just do whatever you fear.

Do the complete opposite of whatever it is you want, do different then what you are thinking, quit your job, start walking around the world aimlessly with no goal. If you don't eat, who cares life is temporal anyway. If you have family, get over it, you are all going to lose each other in temporal death because this is finite. Life is the product of death because death is the process of new life.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have never been to prison but I had to do 3 months in jail. Let me tell you it changed my mind completely. The guards abused us, I always had to watch my back. The food was nasty. Its been 2 months since I got out and my mentality has changed, when I drive I always spot cops and looks to see if they follow me, the other day I was making love to my lady and when we were done I was watching tv and she was just looking at me. I saw her with the corner of my eye and snapped that her I told her "What the fock are you looking at" and she got upset. I am more paranoid of law enforcement, I never answer my door for anyone.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
IMO, you have not correctly identified "mind". i think you will find that a simpler definition will help you to answer the question in the title.

in your article, you discuss frequency and our perception of it. but you fail to see the simple mechanism of how this is accomplished: mind is a static. it is precisely because of the static nature of mind that it is able to apprehend a continuously oscillating stimulus.

therefore: anything which is static represents an at least rudimentary type of mind.

for example: the hairballs and dust that collect behind your toilet represent a mind. their ability to store information is connected to their ability to self-organize and persist through time. the information that they contain is "gross".

but here is a most important realisation about minds in general: minds of similar size are inherently capable of transmitting their influence upon other minds within their vicinity.

in the simple case of the hairballs, to win freedom from their oppresive mental influence, you must remove them from your vicinity.

this solution can be applied to many other problems of "mind prison": a very simple solution is to modify the statics which have aggregated themselves around your own mind.

of course, the "thinking and percieving" mind is itself merely a highly organized agglomeration of static organic molecules which persist through time. the methods of cleaning the hairballs out of this more intricate type of mind are facilitated by what is known as "feeling".

it is only through feeling that one can relate themselves to the current state of their own mind. this is more easily said than done, as most people really have no idea what is meant by "feeling", although they think that they do.

that is a good first step, then, to freeing yourself from the prison: rather than "thinking that you know how you're feeling", you must simply feel how you are feeling.

you may then modify the contents of your mind by causing yourself to feel differently!

new topics

top topics

join