It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents get 6 votes each in suburban NY election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Residents get 6 votes each in suburban NY election

news.yahoo.com

Arthur Furano voted early — five days before Election Day. And he voted often, flipping the lever six times for his favorite candidate. Furano cast multiple votes on the instructions of a federal judge and the U.S. Department of Justice as part of a new election system crafted to help boost Hispanic representation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I mean... I've seen corruption to big levels... but this... I just have no words for this...

I mean, ALL THOSE INVOLVED SHOULD DO 25 YEARS IN JAIL, INCLUDING THE JUDGES.

AND ALL THOSE IN THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT.

If Obama knew about this, IMPEACH.

This is just outrageous.

But eh, who still believed in a democratic republic? If you still believed the dream, well this might make you up...

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have worked in port chester for 6 years, and know lots of people there. When I read this article today it made me sick, it made me burn.

I would say about 1/3 the people are illegals.

I know a person, that actually has a work visa, then got approved to take the test to become a citizen. They never did because the test was to hard for them. I know the test, believe me, its fkn 6th grade easy.

The same person above, that couldn't become a citizen because the test was to hard, is giving advice to people about how to vote and who to vote for.

Does this give you enough information?
Does this show how screwed everything is?

######## VOTE THEM OUT ##########
######## ALL OF THEM ############

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I saw this and found it truly disturbing. I would like to hear anyone's justification for this. It goes against everything I believe in. Thank you OP for bringing this to the board.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Although the village of about 30,000 residents is nearly half Hispanic, no Latino had ever been elected to any of the six trustee seats, which until now were chosen in a conventional at-large election. Most voters were white, and white candidates always won.

Ok that says that the white citizens were the majority that were actually getting off their butts to go vote. So if only the white candidites were winning and the hispanics aren't properly represented whose fault is that ? If they want to be represented then they need to get up off their butts and go vote, just like other people. But no that is too hard for them, they need to be coddled and catered to, so hey why not bribe them to come out and vote.

If the only way they can get these people to come out and vote is by bribing them with the right of voting multiple times, then they don't deserve representation ! It's supposed to be one vote per person, six votes per person that's upsurd

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is very disturbing. Tinkering with the "one man one vote" thing is not a good thing. If the people don't want to go vote, then they are voting their apathy, and should have to live with the consequences.
It seems that every day some new chunk of our basic principles that the country lives by is chipped away and flushed down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This has gotta be proof! the voting system is rigged like a lottery machine. Ever since they conversed voting machines to digital, ti made it so much easier to falsify votes. ad if i remember correctly isnt thier such a thing called voting fraud? meaning its illegal to vote more than once at the same poll? i always though it was...
that judge should be forced to step down, diqualified, callit what you want. i lvie near port chester. This is proof the select few wnat power over us. they should never have done away with the old fashined way..pencil paper and a trsuted counter. sahme on that judge. nothing wil be done unless people let him know n do something about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Did anyone actually read the article... I suggest you do.

ALL residents got 6 votes, not just hispanics.

Seriously, read the article!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just post my response from this mornings thread.

Affirmative action at it's most insidious. It would be simpler for this Federal judge to just select the candidate he feels would be fair and bypass the election farce completely.

As the baby boomers age they should ask for this fair practice in a national election - "5 votes for 55+"; or to address the apathy in younger voters - " 10 each for the lost generation".

Consider a sliding scale of votes - 2 each for every year of military service.

Is vote inflation what it takes for citizens to think their exercise of franchise matters? For a record breaking voter turn-out, we might try offering a free Ipod or a trip to see Dancing With The Stars.

What rankles is the attempt by a federal judge to influence a representative process. If this manipulation does not "correct" the adjudged violation of the Voting Rights Act, will the Hispanic citizens be held in contempt, or the non-Hispanic voters be found guilty of collusion?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I understand it and everyone gets 6 votes, not just the Hispanics...but it's still weird and still meant to undermine the democratic process in the name of politically correct affirmative action. If the Hispanics want more votes then they should encourage more or their people to vote.

Then they'll vote in some anti-white pro-illegal candidate and that will be a whole 'nother thread

The more "diverse" they try to make us, the more isolated and racist we become

[edit on 6/16/2010 by AnonymousMoose]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aaa2500

I did read the article, and never implied that only hispanics are getting six votes. However the reason people are getting six votes is because the hispanics were not coming out to vote, which led to the feds saying that the election system was unfair. Also a federal judge said it violated a voting rights act, all because they chose not to exercise their right to vote. All of this led to them being coddled and bribed into exercising their right to vote.

If they felt they didn't have enough representation then they should have gotten off their butts and voted, plain and simple. No one should ever have to be bribed to vote in this country, we are all entitled to one vote, no more, no less.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
call me stupid - but how is giving 6 ballots to each voter going to change anything ?

as i see it - with one ballot / voter

if 1000 voters turn out at the polls - and 635 vote for candidate A and 365 for candidate B

then candidate A will win - and claim an clear mandate

with 6 ballots / voter - candidate A will still win - because everyone is going to use all 6 votes for the same candidate arnt they ???????

so whats the point ???????????????

the only thing i can see that would slew the result is the " stupid factor " of people spoling a portion of thier ballots by failing to correctly fill in the form

ie a inteligent and dilligent voter will mark all 6 of his ballots for his prefered candidate - and do it corretly - resulting in 6 valid votes

a slack jawed moron might ATTEMPT to cast 6 votes for his candidate of coice - but only actually get it right on 4 of the ballots - resulting in 4 valid votes and 2 spoilt ballots

or am i missing something ?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This story makes me want to tear my teeth out.
This is the end of democracy in America.
RIP, America.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

with 6 ballots / voter - candidate A will still win - because everyone is going to use all 6 votes for the same candidate arnt they ???????

Nope because you have people like this.....

Gloria Furano gave one vote each to six candidates. Aaron Conetta gave two votes each to three candidates.

Go figure

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
call me stupid - but how is giving 6 ballots to each voter going to change anything ?

In a two candidate election little will change.

In a multi candidate election, you can give 3 to your favourite, 2 to a candidate you like, and then give the last to the next rational person on the ballot. That way, you get to graduate your choice, and possibly consider more facets of each candidate.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by aaa2500]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Truly appalling to see a federal court approve a law that is so unconstitutional as to add more votes to skew voter turnout and voting potential. But I digress lets take a look at the mathematics behind this Port Chester voting conundrum.

First we have the article and the information it provides for us. Such as the population of approximately 30,000 residents, half of whom the article says are Hispanic leaving to the imagination the other 50% is divided amongst whites and other races. so that would approximate the Hispanic population to about 15,000 and if divided equally the white population to about 7,500.

Other information included are the statements about the past voter turnout the Hispanic turnout being historically low and the white turnout being historically high as well as the fact that each voter shall receive 6 votes. Given this information lets take a look at the voting potential of the two groups.

For Hispanics at a population of 15,000 they have a historically low voter turnout so lets say that means below 50% of their resident population and to make it fair we will use a high/low method using an approximation range and a median. The high can be 48% and the low shall be 32%. At 48% that is 7,200 voters with 43,200 votes and for 32% that is 4,800 voters with 28,800 votes. They have a median average of 40% at 6,000 voters with 36,000 votes.

Next up the white population of 7,500 they have historically had a higher voter turnout so lets say that means above 50% of their resident population, somewhere directly between 50% and 100%. The high can be 73% and the low shall be 68%, the turnout being higher the range should be closer together. At 73% that is 5,475 voters with 32,850 votes and for 68% that is 5,100 voters with 30,600 votes. They have a median average of 70% that is 5,288 voters with 31,728 votes.

So what can we tell from this mathematical information? For starters we can see even without this federal court mandated law to give 6 votes per voter the Hispanics seem to be pretty well represented given their population size compared to the percentage voting potential. Either coming out even at a lower percentage or at a moderate percentage still less then 50% of their resident population comes out to more then the higher percentage of the white voter voting potential.

Where in any of this mess could anyone construe the situation so badly as to cause them to think it would be a good idea to add another 5 votes to an already unfair system of representation? I think this law should be appealed and brought back down to one vote per person as would be constitutional. It would alleviate an already messed up voting system in Port Chester.

As per the math the Hispanics seem to be well represented even if they have a low percentage turnout based on resident population. Government shouldn't pad the ballot box simply because some one doesn't care enough to vote, is to lazy, or is incapable of voting.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You do know that this voting stuff is a scam? You do know it's not real...BS...rigged...a total sham? DON'T YOU? Ah, c'mon! You can't be serious!

new topics

top topics

join