It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Launches Salvo in War to Protect an Army of 7 Million (Cyber Command)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Pentagon Launches Salvo in War to Protect an Army of 7 Million (Cyber Command)

www.foxnews.com

War is coming -- a war of ones and zeroes, that is.

The Pentagon has unveiled a Cyber Command center, designed to shield the military's 15,000 networks and more than 7 million computers from foreign hacker attacks, that will pool resources from a variety of military intelligence agencies to proactively prevent assaults.

It's a pre-emptive, all-out attack on the more than 100 foreign intelligence agencies working to penetrate American computer systems and steal U.S. weapons technology.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pentagon cyber command to create force for future
Pentagon Cyber Command seen as threat to civil liberties
New military command: Cyber Command. Our computers are the enemy

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

"I think pro-active means that government will create capabilities to enter our homes and to penetrate our own private information sharing systems," worries Philip Giraldi, an analyst with civil liberties and pro-peace site www.Antiwar.com... and a former intelligence officer with the CIA. "Then they'll draft legislation that will permit such intrusions, further trashing the Bill of Rights."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I happen to agree with Mr. Giraldi. This thing will be used offensively and eventually on Americans, if not at the same time. It's pretty sad that many people can't even trust their government when they announce or implement alleged defensive measures. With all of the other things going on, such as warrantless wire-tapping and anti-liberty legislation, why would our government not use this new Cyber Command Center in an offensive measure against Americans, under the guise of security. I don't see this as a good thing at all, rather I see it as a strong threat against our privacy. Of course the catch is that do need something like this, I just wish we had an honest government... or at least a government that held our interests at heart.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join