It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps Conspiracy Theorys Are Conspiracies Themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Have any of you really stopped to think about how conspiracy theories can be manipulated as a means of controlling a select group of people? Those vulnerable to believing such a thing?

I have been a member of ATS for a long time, and a follower even longer. It seems everything in life these days is a conspiracy. Although I do believe there are real valid points out there. Perhaps the real issue here is there are unknown that are shoveling this information down peoples throats for their agenda. I will use 9/11 for an example.

The 9/11 conspiracy is probably one of the strongest out there right now (next to Kennedy). Its just as easy to find someone that believes it was an inside job as it is to find someone that doesn't.

Let's say the main people behind 9/11 conspiracies are in fact an opposing faction of the US government. Those hellbent on anarchy and the downfall of the system. Or simply people that want to see this country not exist anymore.

Its easy to understand this agenda would be perfectly driven by a conspiracy such as 9/11. When you look at a conspiracy like 9/11 there is plenty of information out there proving it really happened. Yet like a cover up, the information is hard to come by in the massive sea of pro 9/11 conspiracy websites/posts. In fact, when really analyzing it, it almost makes more sense than the 9/11 conspiracy many support. Its caused many people to outright hate their country, just because of cherry picked photos and facts.

I could probably bring up other conspiracies to fit the bill, but I dont want to bore y'all.

I really respect a lot of you even though I don't always agree with yall. But is it really hard for a conspiracy enthusiast to believe that conspiracy theories themselves can be a conspiracy against man? You decide!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

You've nailed a thought that's been rattling around in my head...although I wouldn't have focused on any particular "CT"...still, I see that you did as an example (at least, that's how I read it....)

I do not see the 'conspiracy theories' that abound, in the main today, as some sort of planned psychological operations....I view many of them as mere 'fringe' manifestations, fueled by what has grown to be a certain element of paranoia, somewhat instigated by the immediacy of the Internet age...AND 'twitter', etc....

To clarify the above: In some ways, I view a lot of the "conspiracy theories" as just the newer versions of what used to be (pre-Internet) known as "Urban Legends".

Not to say there aren't some VALID things going on, under our noses (so to speak)...it's just many are so "out there" they act as a noise barrier, in some ways.

A more pressing and prurient example is happening right now, IF you consider it a "conspiracy"....it is BP's hiring of mercenaries to patrol the beaches in the Gulf, in order to 'sanitize' what might be snuck out by media...NOT that the media are complicit, because THEY are reporting on this, even if it gets lost in al the other information....side aspect to this debacle is the BP prohibition on workers' using protective gear...

...but, I am ranting, and might be tending to drift, and bore as well...

Guess, best thing to summarize is....when it comes to "conspiracies" ATS should be, as a role, a sort of 'clearing house', to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Chasing of tails on fatuous, un-substantiated rumours (which is what a LOT of the 'conspiracies' brought to fore on ATS amount to, sometimes) is wasteful......

[edit on 15 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So what you are saying is, conspiracies were covertly created by our enemies as a conspiracy to control the gullible people who would fall for conspiracy theories so they would conspire against their government?

Cool.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
So what you are saying is, conspiracies were covertly created by our enemies as a conspiracy to control the gullible people who would fall for conspiracy theories so they would conspire against their government?

Cool.
Exactly. If you know enough about Kennedy too you can sorta see it. Lets say some crazy politics came into play so people would doubt the legitimacy of Johnson etc....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I mean, the conspiracy theory as a tool to guide public opinion.
I always have this feeling as well. If i would be at the power I would def use this technique.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It just seems to me that con. theories are promoted so as to create dissatisfaction for the status quo for those people who are so inclined to be dissatisfied.

And these numbers of people will grow until the current paradigm is ready to be totally disposed of and replaced with the NWO.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
yfrog.com...

hey who is this man? if you guys don't know who this guy is in this picture, you don't know anything about conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great thread Op, disinfo is a tactic of most conspiracies....its like hiding a poison chocolate bar in willie wonkas factory, it will do the job, but never be traced.

new topics

top topics

join