It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin says he's willing to stake everything he's written

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Excuse me, I don't believe your read all of my comments....um...looks like

you didn't bother because if you did you wouldn't be typing this!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

Well, after watching this I thought to myself: "Where there is a will there is a way." This was raised by only one man so..........

Here ya go....I had to bring it down to show you. NEXT!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Of course you do realize, they moved heavy stones using sonic screwdrivers

like the guy that built corel castle

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Thank you for the link to the interesting article.

I do not believe all of Zecharia Sitchin's claims in his book, but I do think he asks a lot of interesting questions and thinks outside the box. Erich von Daniken does the same thing, along with many other authors.

The ancient astronaut and ancient prediluvian civilizations that are theorized from are just theories and not set in stone. The ideas should be treated seriously, as any other theory should be treated.

I have great respect for Mr Sitchin and Herr von Daniken, as both men (along with countless others) have taken much flack for their bold statements.

I look forward to reading his last book, and hope Mr Sitchin finds some answers one way or another.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Well, what we've got here is a man who is almost 90 years old putting everything on a claim and his reputation.

I don't know about you guys, but doesn't that sound at least a LITTLE significant?

I mean - maybe he believes himself...

But seriously - what does he have to lose? The guy made a career out of his interpretation of what the Sumerians were talking about and he's on his way out. Why would he perpetuate a lie at this point???

Two words: his legacy.

Do you think he wants to be remembered as a legitimate scholar or a fraud?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yeah i posted this same news, 4 days ago.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

But seriously - what does he have to lose? The guy made a career out of his interpretation of what the Sumerians were talking about and he's on his way out. Why would he perpetuate a lie at this point???

One word. LEGACY!

No man who spends his life doing any work wants to die knowing the world will remember him as a fraud or that he was a quack. At the end all we want is to know we will be remembered and remembered well. If it was me i would be willing to bet my reputation as well seeing as it is the most important thing at that time in my life.

edited to add that when i replied to the quoted text i hadnt read every post in this thread so 2 posts above me is the same exact statement lol. Ok continue on with your regularly scheduled program. Fizzy1 out...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
reply to post by The Shrike

Excuse me, I don't believe your read all of my comments....um...looks like

you didn't bother because if you did you wouldn't be typing this!

I read a lot of your comments, perhaps not all as you are quite prolific. All I did was to be specific in what I selected to comment on and that is that humans are not given due credit for achievements. I used the builder of the Coral Castle as an example. Prosaic explanations have it all over complicated explanations. The Incas, Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, and others did wondrous things without the tools we are now accustomed to.

Any claims to "alien" influence or assistance, whether past or present, has to be taken with a BIG grain of salt! We are more than we realize.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
snip
Two words: his legacy.

Do you think he wants to be remembered as a legitimate scholar or a fraud?

The same can be said of John Lear, Bob Dean, Stanton Friedman, Colonel Corso, Georg Leonard, Fred Steckling, and everyone who made outrageous claims and never provided irrefutable evidence or the "evidence" provided was questionable.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Guys and Gals

Sitchin has been debunked.

Some things he days do need greater scrutiny but his main arguments have been caved in.

There is a translation of the creation story on Youtube and it does sound like genetic engineering but his whole Nibiru tale has been whacked by real Sumerian scholars.

There are questions about the human genome. We do differ but Sitchin is not the answer. Von Daniken has more plausable things to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi All,

Yuk-yuk-yuk. Mr Sitchin's did his homework while some if not all of us were in or at a time when Mother was ridding us of our diaper phase.

I certainly don't know how fact-full Mr Sitchin's deciphering was, but it does deserve our respect, I feel People.

Decoy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Mr Sitchin's did his homework while some if not all of us were in or at a time when Mother was ridding us of our diaper phase.

And that means...?

Originally posted by Decoy
I certainly don't know how fact-full Mr Sitchin's deciphering was, but it does deserve our respect, I feel People.

Why?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As far as anyone on Earth can tell, Sitchin has never "deciphered" any cuneiform writing.

The man has never demonstrated the ability to do so and was never trained in any ancient language (other than, presumably, the usual Hebrew for his Bar Mitzvah.)

Harte

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Not like he even needs it to coincide. He's made his money already, and this is just more free publicity. People will read his books, just to see what he was talking about when he loses his argument. Smart man. Wrong, but smart.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have have heard Zach is very correct

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In my opinion, the fact that Sitchin just completely re-interprets the Sumerian language throws every conclusion he comes to into doubt. If he decides what words mean, then he can twist any text into saying anything.

If you question him on why this means this or that means that, from what I've gathered his only defense is "because I said so."

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Elieser

i believe god is an alien anyone with any type common sense and logical thinking that is not chained inside a box could understand it!

If "god" is an alien, then who created the aliens? You kind of run into a brick wall there. Not to say that this planet wasn't seeded, but it certainly doesn't answer any questions about divinity.

if humans had the technology to go to another planet with life and take a creature from that planet and make a slave out of it that would eventually become a creature we would guide until we could leave it alone watch it from above and teach it to worship us b/c we created it there is no doubt we would tell it we created everything and that we are gods we wouldnt admit we are an alien race from another planet that would blow the whole thing up

If aliens wanted worship then, like God, it seems they'd be a little more open about it. I understand that you're apparently referring to ancient events, but if that's part of their purpose, then why not come out with it and stand before us?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the episode of Ancient Aliens on the history channel called "The Mission which delt with the Anunnaki and that episode backed up evertything Zacheria has stated.

I think they are prepping us their return.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
The problem with Zecharia Sitchin's work is that what he claim to be in the Sumarian coniform texts does not exist. His translations contridict the Sumarian dictionaries. You can check this online if you wish. All the tablits are availible.

His further errors are that he can not tell the difference between Hebrew and Aramaic causing translation errors. If you like fiction Zecharia Sitchin provides a good read. If you want the facts check the coniform tablets. A google search will bring up sites URL.

Basically what you're expecting us to believe is that you know all about Aramaic language and Hebrew language and Sumarian Cuniform language so much better than Professor Sitchin ? A bold postulation to make. Where are your academic credentials ? Who are you ?

Sitchin is able to understand these ancient languages because he is a member of a tribal minority who even to this day continue to use Cuniform and Sumarian language on a dayly basis. It being their tribal language. The dictionary that you refer to is most probably in the wrong. Most dictionary are for guidance only. Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic were one and the same language. The Tribes of the Hebrew were an Aramaic people. Abraham was decended from ancient Sumarian ancestry. It is this connection to the Annunaki that gave the Hebrews a sense of self importance. Thinking themselves to be a race above the lesser folks around them.

Modern "Hebrew" is actually not Hebrew at all, since it is actually a European language called "Yiddish", which because of the World War Two holocaust is nolonger used in Europe. Yiddish is nothing what so ever to do with the Ancient Hebrews except in that it is literated in the Hebrew alphabet. However, one can literate just about any language that you care to mention using what ever alphabet one might care to create. My favourite a few years ago was to literate the English language using the Russian Cyrillic alphabet.

What made the Annunaki of Sumaria so important is in that they were descended from a race of giants [nephilim] who ruled the pre-flood Earth. The flood [described in the Bible] destroyed all of them except a few. These few surviving Annunaki [nephilim] tried to re-establish their civilization. We are the out growth from their efforts to restore what the flood destroyed.

Unfortunately study reveals that all of the Hebrew people passed away. The "Jewish" of our time are not actually Hebrew. When the Hebrews left Egypt they, with assitance from the LORD of the CITY of PETRA, invaded the land of the Cannanites. [Exodus 15:3] In the Book of Judges we read that all the tribes with the exception of the tribe of Benjamin and Jeudah became ruled by the "virgins of mount shilioh" and adopted the celibacy there of and thus pasted away with out having had any children. Thus they became known as the Lost Tribes of Israel. The Virgins of Mount Shiloh judged that the Jew are not Israelite and the Israelite are not Jew. In fact it is clear from the Book of Judges, that the Jew are not Israel, since they were excommunicated from the Tribes of Israel, because they would not accept the celibacy, required of them by the Temple Virgins in Egypt and the Hebrew Temple Virgins at Mount Shiloh.

Later the surviving Jewish were caste into Babylonian exile. Only a few Hebrew girls survived and bore children of Babylonic fatherhood. These crossbreed child later were able to return to Jerusalem to establish their second temple. So at the time of Jesus these were the Jewish. A few years after Jesus the Romans sent an army to exterminate the Jewish so much so that the last Hebrew died at a place called Masada. Thus there are no real Jewish in the world today.

The Sephadic Jew [dick] are actually Arabic who rejected conversion to Christiandom or Islam. The Ashkinazi Jew [nazi] are actually a country called Kazakstan, who chosen to be Jewish religion rather than be converted to Russian Christiandom or Islam. Yiddish Jew were an European minority tribe which either was crushed into being German or died in the Holocaust. Yiddish are not ancestrially Hebrew. All these "Jewish" Zionists are simply lying about their ancestry. It makes me laugh when various monarchy in Europe like to pretend that they are descended from Jesus of Nazareth. It is just politics. Lies. Lies and more lies. They break their own Commandments. "Do not lie".

The following photographs show us the archeological sites that the ruling elite would prefer we knew nothing about. The CITY of PETRA was destroyed in a massive earthquake that struck the Jordan Valley in 363 AD. The riuns of the CITY of PETRA being so huge that they are mistaken for being mountains in the landscape. Obviously such fortifications and houses built by giants must have been huge and towering high into the sky as looked apon by the average normal size human population around them.

When in 363 AD the City of Petra was destroyed, and it was established that the LORD had died, thus "God is Dead", thus the keys of the City of Petra were taken up by Rome. Thus "Saint Peters" in Rome. The Vatican State and the divine authority of the Pope is only existant because of this connection to the destroyed City of Petra. Thus the Vatican State is claiming to sit upon the Throne of God. What I am saying is that the Annunaki [nephilim] were ruling the world up until 363 AD where apon there were the earthquake. The question arises as to how much Annunaki Blood linage continues to exist in certain rulers and in folks around about ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78ca4b1b5216.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6696d0a64d4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a165fbc5929a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/156616596bda.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b51c8a3099e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d7701e8f91d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a080fe1a1e7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b5a04792a67.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/446bb22be833.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e6ef9d34fb6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94561c33346a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Elieser

i believe god is an alien anyone with any type common sense and logical thinking that is not chained inside a box could understand it!

if humans had the technology to go to another planet with life and take a creature from that planet and make a slave out of it that would eventually become a creature we would guide until we could leave it alone watch it from above and teach it to worship us b/c we created it there is no doubt we would tell it we created everything and that we are gods we wouldnt admit we are an alien race from another planet that would blow the whole thing up

and if we could we would cause natural disasters on that planet for consequencies everytime we felt they deserved it b/c obviously if we can control climate and nature to an extent then in there minds we would be gods....anyone wanna tell me that scenario wouldnt play out that way?

This, my fellow ATS'er, is exactly what my thought process is, surrounding the whole alien/ god situation. It all makes sense. I am with you! I just don't understand why more people believe in the one and only creator, god, than the scenario, as you stated. I guess it's just easier to convey and accept, because god is so widely viewed as the creator of all things living. Our society has molded individual to frown upon non-cliche thinking. It's just too bad, we all weren't taught the truth from the beginning of exactly where we came from! why keep us all in the dark?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join