It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin says he's willing to stake everything he's written

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
MSNBC

Zecharia Sitchin says he's willing to stake everything he's written about alien astronauts on DNA tests that could be performed on the 4,500-year-old remains of a high-ranking Sumerian woman.
Sitchin claims that the ultimate fate of all those theories would be decided by the DNA tests he wants done on Queen Puabi's remains. "I'm really risking my life's work on this outcome," he said.

The whole interview is in the link.
I hope that the DNA tests are done so we can finally find if he is right or wrong.
I want him to be right so we can put some type of closure to this mystery and so he can rest and not have to argue with people, he's 90 years old now.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Are his Earth Chronicle books good reads?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have read 12 of his books
they are good reads
he makes a few boo boos but thats what happens when some one
guesses and makes certain suppositions

If you use discretion and compare the things he mentions with other sources to keep perspective and fact check
then you might get something usefull out of your time spent.

I did

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Tests can be fudged.

For me his life's works do not in any way become solidified or invalidated by this test.

he knows what he knows and it is a lonely path for those doing all they can pre-disclosure.

I would request that the PTB, bring him in and show him what they have thus far and let him retire in absolute peace of mind and complete sanity.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Are his theories etc basically the same as Erich Von Daniken's?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ive read genisis revisited twice,
once many many years ago and i came away very impressed ..i was young and malleable....

i read it again last year, somehow it floated back into my personal book collection, and devoured the book again and came away very unimpressed, but now im older and perhaps more jaded..

if he would have admitted it was a work of fiction in the beginning his work would be lauded as a literary genious and compelling story derived from an ametuer understanding of archeology and and an elaborate imagination...

that said i sit ready with my foot hiked up on the desk waiting to insert it gently into my mouth if his theories indeed show to be accurate

~meathead

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

IMHO
The important thing is his exposure of certain things so that you can make your own theories
i compared some of his ideas to native american myths

I corroborated it with other sources and learned something very interesting to me.

I learned something from Philip K Dick too

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have tried listening to him on C2C a few times but always fall asleep before anything memorable is said.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
From reading the twelfth planet and about half of The Lost Book of Enki, the reason why some things in the ancient Sumerian writings don't ring true is because the Anunnaki were and probably still are overweeningly arrogant, and so they exaggerated to the point of hyperbole. Either that or they really are a race of demi-gods, but somehow even with their love of their own PR, they still come off as an entire race that for the most part is just to the left of Darth Vader.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

what kinds of "things" are you referring to when you say you learned "something" from these authors?
i just want to know if its really worth reading...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I have read only the first books of the chronicles and The book of Enki and to me they make way more sense than the bible or any other theory.
I don't know if they are absolute truth or not but I have found that most of the things that he has said, we are finding out now, there are many examples and you can find them on his website and you can prove them by finding them in his books. When news comes out about something new that scientist have found, people tell him about it and he tells them that he knew what he was talking about and to tell the people that found the new discovery that he already wrote about it. I honestly don't think that he was in it or is in it for the money, he lives in a very small apartment and doesn't have much, despite the money he has. I think that what he tells us in the books is what he believes is the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

i believe god is an alien anyone with any type common sense and logical thinking that is not chained inside a box could understand it!

if humans had the technology to go to another planet with life and take a creature from that planet and make a slave out of it that would eventually become a creature we would guide until we could leave it alone watch it from above and teach it to worship us b/c we created it there is no doubt we would tell it we created everything and that we are gods we wouldnt admit we are an alien race from another planet that would blow the whole thing up

and if we could we would cause natural disasters on that planet for consequencies everytime we felt they deserved it b/c obviously if we can control climate and nature to an extent then in there minds we would be gods....anyone wanna tell me that scenario wouldnt play out that way?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

so true
but if I may suggest
Compare what Sitchin wrote to Edgar Cayce

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Elieser

i believe god is an alien anyone with any type common sense and logical thinking that is not chained inside a box could understand it!

if humans had the technology to go to another planet with life and take a creature from that planet and make a slave out of it that would eventually become a creature we would guide until we could leave it alone watch it from above and teach it to worship us b/c we created it there is no doubt we would tell it we created everything and that we are gods we wouldnt admit we are an alien race from another planet that would blow the whole thing up

and if we could we would cause natural disasters on that planet for consequencies everytime we felt they deserved it b/c obviously if we can control climate and nature to an extent then in there minds we would be gods....anyone wanna tell me that scenario wouldnt play out that way?

I have had several experiences now in England and yes, like you, I too have concluded that the UFO orbs/lightships were mistaken for gods a long time ago and worshipped at stone monuments like Arbor Low and Stonehenge.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

heavens(sky) gods(aliens) ancient man wouldnt have known the difference especially if them gods could do things they couldnt and taught them things they couldnt imagine like building pyramids!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

En Man Lu Anna
a TITAN who ruled on the anti deluvian sumerian king list which exists
separately from Sitchin
on some tablets is called
Kitche anna
he ruled for thousands of years
To the Ojibway, one of the people I am descended from,
Kitchewanna the Gitche Manitou
is the giant who made the local landscape

there is much more to this then I will post here
but again
I used Sitchin as one reference among many

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This should be pretty interesting either way...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The problem with Zecharia Sitchin's work is that what he claim to be in the Sumarian coniform texts does not exist. His translations contridict the Sumarian dictionaries. You can check this online if you wish. All the tablits are availible.

His further errors are that he can not tell the difference between Hebrew and Aramaic causing translation errors. If you like fiction Zecharia Sitchin provides a good read. If you want the facts check the coniform tablets. A google search will bring up sites URL.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
while sitchin planted the seed for the things i believe and talk about i do not however believe in EVERYTHING sitchin has wrote but for the most part the man is onto it!

if you havent yet watch 10,000 b.c. fourth kind is good to they use actual video footage in that movie! the cop cruiser video shows a ufo about to hover over that womans house! i wanna say this now i've met 2 of the aliens that we call gods that created us best way i can describe them humans with supernatural powers! the ability to disappear in thin air and the ability to take animal form...

remember in lost realms when sitchin is talkin about ra/marduk and he says at some point ra was trapped in one of the pyramids well somewhere in that story he says ra transformed into a ram and tried to escape...this gonna sound nuts...but they can do that!

the one visitation that sparked this belief was the one that visited me could transform into an owl!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Sitchin mentions a site that has a 200 ton stone
as do other authors
the site exists
period

we can not move a two hundred ton stone today
period

now you have to come up with a plausible expalnation
period

we are putting fish genes into tomatos so they don't spoil