It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Mars company trying to send a religious statement??? Check it out!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ok well this is just funny to me.

I was sitting at work in my office reading up on the articles in Penthouse when
a commercial / advert on the TV came on!!

Tell me what this sounds like to you guys?

Does it sound like "a muslim can".....Mars slim!

Surely this is no coincidence that they sound similar.

Watch the whole thing even the slowed down version at the end!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

The ability to recognize patterns that aren't there is a stable of the human brain.

I'm assuming it's a coincidence.

I doubt they are trying to push a "muslim" agenda. As far as I know they don't even sell Mars bars in Muslim countries...

ETA: Wrong company....

~Keeper

[edit on 6/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Even slowing it down, didn't convince me any. Trust me, I wanted a conspiracy to be here but I dont see one

(i did laugh though!)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't think its anything sinister, its just that the words are pronounced very similer. MAAAARSLIM CAN.........MUUUUSLIM CAN.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If commercials play more then once in a row, they usually have subliminal programs.

Like the little youtube vid is repeated 3 times, so it programs people subliminally for something. What it maybe, I don't know.

After the 3rd time came up and fast forwarded I stopped it.

I get enough programming already.

Just thought you guys should know the above.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

Mis-heard lyrics...not much of a 'conspriacy', really...but funny as hell!

Have a go at this website: www.kissthisguy.com...

(Song by Madonna..."Like A Virgin" slightly mis-heard):

Like a virgin touched for the thirty-first time.

The BeeGee's, immortalized classic from the movie of same title, "Stayin' Alive":

Steak and a Knife, Steak and a Knife..

And many more, just as close as your nearest internet Search Engine....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is just another case of overactive imagination, like the whole NAACP clusterfornication because somebody thought a greeting card was saying a racial slur when that was obviously not the case. Have a few shots of jack and relax, dude.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just thought it was funny. I have been a big anti-conspiracy person and after reading so much stuff on here....its easy to see or in this case hear
a different message from the one intended.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sounds more like martian than muslim, to me at least. Either way it was a weird commercial.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

"Martian"???

Did you say...."Martian"???

Sounds more like martian...

Oh, no....you dinnit!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e23a84d9b280.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've been trying to find a mars Bar here in America for 10 years now..can't wait to get one of these baby's..woot!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I absolutely loathe that commercial... I have no idea why it bothers me as much as it does, but it does... a lot. I can even sense when it's coming on next... I get an irritated feeling and that stupid song pops into my head, then BAM, it's on... again.

Why do people believe that by splitting a regular old Mars Bar in half will somehow magically make it better for you to eat? It's the same darn thing. It's like diet coke... shave off a few calories but keep all of the same junk in it.

That's the real conspiracy... tricking people into thinking they're making 'healthier' choices by attaching words like 'slim' to the product's name, all the while it's really no different (or in some cases worse... think aspartame) than the original product.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You see what you want to see.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just wonder why you felt the need to say that you were reading Penthouse at work and what it has to do with the rest of the story.

EDIT: Having watched the whole video I didn't once hear the word "Muslim" or anything close enough to it for me to mistake it. yes, "Marslim" and "Muslim"are only different by 2 letters, but seriously...might as well say that "Apple Jacks" are "Apple Hacks" and start a rumor that apple is run by hackers

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Blazer]

top topics

join