It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's a Founding Member of the USCAP and Will Profit from the Leak w/ Cap&Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is strictly my prediction on why this oil leak occurred. BP has taken "one for the team" by this leak pushing through the Cap and Trade. BP was a founding member of USCAP which lobbies for Cap and Trade. Get the connection?

I have to wonder if the Oil Companies are well aware of the depleting oil supply throughout the world, and are investing in other energy supplies and technologies. I feel the Cap and Trade is a way they can make their money in future energy supplies by setting up global regulations.

I recommend everyone read this article, and make your own assumptions.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"Now that BP’s oil rig has caused the biggest environmental disaster in American history, the Left is pulling the same bogus trick it did with Enron and AIG: Whenever a company earns universal ire, declare it the poster boy for the free market.

As Democrats fight to advance climate change policies, they are resorting to the misleading tactics they used in their health care and finance efforts: posing as the scourges of the special interests and tarring “reform” opponents as the stooges of big business.

Expect BP to be public enemy No. 1 in the climate debate.

There’s a problem: BP was a founding member of the U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP), a lobby dedicated to passing a cap-and-trade bill. As the nation’s largest producer of natural gas, BP saw many ways to profit from climate legislation, notably by persuading Congress to provide subsidies to coal-fired power plants that switched to gas."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Nobody wants to take this on, eh?

join