It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why President Obama is the best thing that ever happened to America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Lets start this off by stating this is not a left/right, Democrat/Republican thing, although people from both parties played a big part.

Let me paint a picture for you:

It was 2008 everyone was fed up after 8 years of Bush, two wars, and a sagging economy. Along out of the blue after a strong showing in the Iowa Caucas comes Barack Obama. He's young, quick witted, well spoken and seemingly in touch with the average american. He promises reform of government, lobbying, Ceo bonuses. He promises to bring our troops home and build our infrastructure, create new jobs, protect the enviornment, end secrecy in government as well as a lot of other things we were all dying to hear.

He gets elected in a landslide victory over John McCAin a hand picked opponent who obviously had no chance given he was hated by the conservative base.

Enough recap, a year and a half later and look where were at. It is obvious the election was set up McCain wasn't even a viable option.

Obama then proceeded to turn his back on one campaign promise after another until it was hard to believe this is even the same man as was on the campaign trail. From offshore drilling, to the bailout, to extra troops to protect poppy fields, to the nonresponse to the GOM disaster every action has been a calculated manuvier to advance the agenda of our corporate masters.

So at this point your probably wondering why I'm saying his election was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

Once upon a time there were many like me who believed their vote counted, who believed that a president could change things for the better. Who actually believes that maybe this time we got someone in who would do the right things. This is obviously not the case.

A year and a half later you now have people who will never ever believe a politicans lies again. People who will never vote for a standard two party canidate again. People who now realize our government is fascist and has been for quite sometime.

This once small minority grows everyday from the freestate project to the nonrepublican tea partiers to militias to various other anarchist groups. The once small minority of fed up citizens is now fast becoming the majority. Even people in their 60s and 70s who had been in a deep slumber for years are suddenly waking up. Many are aware that the dream they sold the public is no longer viable. Many are not so willingly slaves for a dollar, and one by one the PTB methods of control are failing. The criminal banking enterprise and fiat currency are being seen for what they are.

I humbly submit that without the unanimous election of Obama it would have taken a lot longer to get to this point. His near total reversal since election had shown that this fascist government can never again be trusted. And the people that were on the fence have had to face the line in the sand.

We the people will never be fooled again by fairytales. We will no longer condone TPTB actions through deeds or false representation.

We are awake, alive and ready to fight to our very last breath for our inalienable rights and constitution.

So I say thank you Barack Obama because if you weren't such a tool our numbers would not be growing by leaps and bounds.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Too true too true.

Sad state of affairs, to have to learn things this way, but it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How to tell if a politician is lying : their lips are moving.

How to tell an ignorant poster on ATS: threads like this.

Oh yeah, your seat cushion is a flotation device.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree, but warn that this whole situation could be part of 'the game' just as much as the campaign promises and election were.

We're learning to be more cautious, which is a good thing, but we have to STAY cautious because their next big player might be the 'most spectacular person we've ever seen' kind of like obama was to the obamanoids, but overall.

And it's not like the controllers aren't learning from this whole thing too.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I agree, you can also add lawyers, judges, and attorneys to that first one.

The real criminals wear smiles and suits.

3rd line

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
How to tell if a politician is lying : their lips are moving.

How to tell an ignorant poster on ATS: threads like this.

Oh yeah, your seat cushion is a flotation device.

So I guess having hope made me ignorant? So be it, there's so little left in the world now a days. For the record I never believed any politician but somehow I hoped that a man who actually cares for the people could make it to his level.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I really don't see anyone coming along more convincing and deceptive than this. Were into end game scenarios now in this country it has long past the turning point and he made that more obvious than ever.

The smarter people among us are turning to alternative lifestyles in terms of self sufficiency, and creating our own wealth, and preparing to get off the grid.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You lost me after "sagging economy".

My personal economy fell to pieces just shy of a year prior the elections... about the same time Obama was showing strong probability of being the Democrat party's nomination for president. Not long after that, the price of gasoline, milk... well everything I buy for that matter started rising unchecked, making it harder for me to live even before he was elected with a slim popular majority.

There was a similar thing when Clinton was elected- my cost of living increased before the election. Gasoline went up, electric went up, rent went up... and it didn't go down when the alleged "DEMOCRATIC" president took over... yet everything was fine before. Explain that, would you? And sadly, as when Clinton rose to power as Obama has, my cost of living has yet to recede. As for my history goes, after every Democrat was elected, as it was when I was younger so did my parents', the cost of living has increased.

At least, as good as Clinton was, GW was impeached on the basis of moral / ethics violations. Oh wait, that was Clinton. The man couldn't even be true to his pledged-life-long-married partner but somehow he could take care of everyone else?

This spoken from the mouth of one working delivering pizza in the late 80's through early 90's. Clinton did nothing for the lower class then, and nor shall the Democrats do anything to help you now, other than take from you in order to give you something you can achieve without them.
And I'm not telling you to endorse the Republican party either. Just read, read, learn and think those things they don't teach you in public schools or in those high-brow colleges.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Everything is about money and the entire government is full of it. So nothing happens without benefiting monetary interests somewhere. Follow the money trail, you'll find the root cause of things.

So look at our government of Millionaires...it's all just a game for them:

Millionaires Fill US Congress Halls.....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Mr. ISHAMAGI:

I agree with you 100%. The United States has been unfortunate enough to vote two of the least qualified and most incompetent Presidents in our country’s history recently.

The last two Presidents have not upheld their oaths to office. They have not “worked” for America or in our best interests. They should have been and should still be taking care of business at home as priority number one. They should be working toward making America stronger every day in economics, employment, education, the environment, government efficiency, the rebuilding of America’s infrastructure (of our older buildings,
bridges, and so on), etc., etc.

It's like they don't even know what their freakin' jobs are/were!!!

I could go on and on but it would be redundant, I’m sure you all get my point by now.

However, there’s one thing I’m truly proud of and we have the government to thank for it, as you pointed out. This country is in the beginning stages of pulling together like I've never seen it in my lifetime but we need the right leadership in there!! I believe the elite of America (and the world) are going to realize one day soon they FK'D up. There are no rules in war and that's basically what our government is declaring on its own people in a non-militaristic way. God bless us all.....

Innocent Standby'er,
CBS

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Ive long been out of public schools and high brow colleges. The biggest food price and gas price hikes in history were beginning and during bush's second term. Perhaps you have selective memory? Everyone's situation is diffent I lost a job just before bush got in.
This is all sidetracked though, point is Republicans/Democrats are part of the same elite entity serving their corporate rich masters.

If I believed everything I was fed I never would have found ATS in the first place. My best to you an yours.

I will personally never endorse a mainstream canidate as they are puppets. There is definitely hope in the masses if we can put our petty differences aside and unite for our freedom.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Edit-

Nevermind.
- you won't understand.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

A year and a half later you now have people who will never ever believe a politicans lies again. People who will never vote for a standard two party canidate again. People who now realize our government is fascist and has been for quite sometime. This once small minority grows everyday from the freestate project to the nonrepublican tea partiers to militias to various other anarchist groups. The once small minority of fed up citizens is now fast becoming the majority. Even people in their 60s and 70s who had been in a deep slumber for years are suddenly waking up. Many are aware that the dream they sold the public is no longer viable. Many are not so willingly slaves for a dollar, and one by one the PTB methods of control are failing. The criminal banking enterprise and fiat currency are being seen for what they are.

I wish you were right but I have been trying to motivate those that have their eyes wide open, with a little change in their pocket and fairly intelligent, to stop voting for the status quo to no avail.

What you are not taking into consideration is that most Americans are thinkers; they are not doers. They are quite complacent with their lot in life and though they may be a bit annoyed with the way our government is functioning, until it takes something directly out of their mouths or pockets they will continue to do the same things that they have always done.

Sure they feel sorry for the guy down the street and they may even put a little extra in the community fund, fill the little brown bags with non-perishables and leave them at the mailbox, but not enough of us have felt the sting to make the real difference.

Even with the political activist like the ones involved in the tea party movement, they are relying on the same guys that got us into this mess to get us out. They are following the calling of the talking heads that have a vested interest in swaying their votes and they have no real substitute to put into office.

I hear my local politicians falling on the bandwagon and trying to distance themselves from those on Capitol Hill. They want you to believe they are different, but most are just wealthy businessmen that have learned to how lie, cheat and among the best of them.

We need change and we need real change but it is not going to come by putting carbon copies of the same people into the same positions. Trust me. This people are not going to go down without a fight and they wrote the rulebook on how to fight dirty.

The only way I see any hope of real change is to clean house. Vote everybody out. Start with a new slate. Even if we voted in a bunch of trustworthy people that have no clue to how the government works they can’t do as much damage as the ones that have taken our country hostage and uses it towards their own agenda.

It won’t take long to see whom we should keep and whom we should let go come next election. I should add that any communication with the old guard after the clearing of house is grounds from immediate impeachment.

Okay. I know that I am just dreaming and that I just exercised a flight of fantasy but I can dream can’t I?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I personally am not so disillusioned with Obama as a lot of people are. That's probably because I never had such inflated expectations of him in the first place.

A president is not a king or a magician. He cannot change everything in the country with a royal decree or a wave of his magic wand in slightly over one year.

No matter what a president wants to accomplish he has to do it with the advice and consent of a majority in Congress. That means he has to compromise and make concessions on practically everything he wants if he's going to pass even a part of his agenda.

Washington is riddled with corruption. Big money and big business still rule America.

One man, no matter how brilliant and capable, cannot change that all by himself.

If you really want to change the system you have to start with who you elect as your Senators and Congressmen. Nobody pays as much attention to these elections as they do to a presidential one, even though Congress wields much more power in this country than the president.

Reform has to start on a local level and move up through the power structure.

It's a slow, tedious, often discouraging process requiring untiring dedication and hard work, and it's not nearly so glamorous sounding as revolution or creating an alternative government.

But that's the American way.

And then, just imagine how bad things would be if McCain had won the election.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am a Australian, and I am asking; How has Obama helped & saved U.S and the citizens?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

You say it has changed the way people look at the government. I say you are wrong. Most people still buy into the crap look around, the movements that started last summer are all but gone.

America is apathetic.
We will not see the truth until it is to late in the game and TPTB know it.

America is not waking up it is falling back to sleep. Right vs. Left rules the day and we still turn our heads in the direction they want us to. Not all but most.

I bet only 1-20 people think there is something wrong in this country.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I love it how people are calling Obama racist and they have no clue why they are calling him racist. Obama is trying to help clean up this mess Bush made, but he is failing miserably. I don't think he has helped or has hurt America. It has been getting worse and the bleeding won't stop.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Radarloveguy is ready to be YOUR new king !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will need a game fishing boat , one luxurious apartment in the snow ,

a team of cheerleaders , and a billion dollars ......

My other list of demands , will be forthcoming .......

new topics

top topics

join