It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil estimate raised to 35,000-60,000 barrels a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Government officials Tuesday increased the estimate of oil flowing into the Gulf to between 35,000 and 60,000 barrels (1.5 million to 2.5 million gallons) per day, up to 50 percent more than previously estimated.

The government's previous estimate, issued last week, was 20,000 to 40,000 barrels per day. The change was "based on updated information and scientific assessments," and was reached by Secretary of Energy Steven Chu, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar, and Chair of the National Incident Command's Flow Rate Technical Group Marcia McNutt, the Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center said.

"The improved estimate is based on more and better data that is now available and that helps increase the scientific confidence in the accuracy of the estimate," it said.

I can't wait till they actually show us the real number, but it keeps going up.

Source

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Although less effort has gone into it than yours, a thread already exists on this subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remain Vigilant

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes , and I'm betting that this is still a very conservitive estimate . I saw on CNN awhile ago where some guy was measuring the flow by some sort of device that uses 'sound' .

At 5,000 feet , the water pressure is only around 2,200 psi ., with the oil coming out at around 20,000 psi .

So , apparently the reserve is a lot larger than we have been told , seeing that the pressure has not decreased at all .

I really don't see them stopping this by August , like they are claiming . I think it is going to have to bleed out .

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i know it won't happen...but i would like to see a a few BP execs go to prison for a long time. question....who thinks BP didn't really know how much oil was coming out?? zero, because the rest are liars or naive.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
New estimate of up to two and a half million gallons each day.

This was talked about on the NBC nightly news about 30 minutes ago.

It just gets worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I thought this was already a widely accepted number here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
I thought this was already a widely accepted number here on ATS.

Our own estimates are much higher.

This is the "official" estimate from the government, which they have been consistently lying about.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah.... thats the flow comimg out of the well head -minus the other leaks in the drill core some 6k/8k/9k below the now useless BOP

to accurately guage the outflow at the well-head, one has to account for the three breaks in the well casing which are down from the well head, spewing oil into the Gulf at various seabed spots, away from the well-head...

namely the 3 already identified pipe breaks...(see PDF link)
which is providing the source oil to excape into the lower strata (which then leaks out into the seabed at the other 3 points which are causing those [unaccounted for] plumes that are a mystery to the 'officials' ...

available several days ago, to those that followed the info:

www.energy.gov...

yes a PDF of what BP & the Gov't already knew...
even before the President Øbama snow job which will be airing later this Tues night on Prime=Time TV

[edit on 15-6-2010 by St Udio]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join