It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder Has Massacre Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan

Personally I cant wait for the wikileaks founder to be erased. He's a threat to the country. If hes willing to release this crap just to slander the military, I very much guarantee he'd give intel to the enemy under pressure. Classified intel belongs in only in the hands of the government.

Transparency is a big crock of BS. All this stuff will eventually be declassified in the future anyways. Way to paint the troops as child killers.
ah intentional murder of schildren and innocent people is not right. sorry if that's inconvienent for you

and i wouldnt even blame the troops. i'd blame the training they get and their commanding officers. every action has a reaction. if you kill someone there is a consequence, that's life.

And you see that's what the problem. EVEN though it was an accident, there are people out there that will always say it was done purposely. You thing anyone in the chain of command knew there were women and children in there? No. Intel is gathered and when its cross referenced and deemed legit its used. It doesn't always check out. This guys just trying to become a hero and its obviously working.

I'm not against this type of info specifically being made public, its no secret that it happened. The problem is what benefit do we have from seeing the video? Seriously.

As for the thousands of cables out there. That stuff is better off not being snooped through. As citizens we never know the whole story and its simply idiotic to demand the whole story when security is far more sensitive than most of you believe. Without it there would be many wars over what we are dealing with now.

You guys should all be angry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Odds are you arent. All because the makeup of war is different doesn't justify the way most of you are acting. Plain and simple.

How do you know it's an accident? Manning said in his chat transcripts the military tries to desensitize you to the point where you don't value a human life.

what benefit do we have? The truth, that's what. the truth is not always what we want to see, and if this starts coming out maybe we'll finally get out of these two wars?

Let's sacrifice freedom, for security, thomas jefferson warned of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SentientBeyondDesign

Your entire reply sounds as if you have an issue with authority in the first place. So its probably best that you resort to staying on the internet and posting your "scholarly" like ramblings and let the brave and honorable defend your right to free speech.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Using free speech is just as valid as defending it - and if you really think our soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan defending freedom of speech - you've been duped.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
Wow, three pages and fourty one flags for a video that is yet to be released?? Maybe we should all wait for the video before all the condemnation? Then again maybe not.

I should of done it then. Nobody would of payed attention to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Defend my what? Hahahaha. I only have problem with controversial authority. But of course, you would rather excuse all things with "cowardice" and ignore any reasoning.

Isn't this one of the tactics I discussed in the post I just made?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientBeyondDesign
reply to post by AndrewTB

What happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was horrendous, and shouldn't have happened.
But you see the fact it did happen probably saved more lives than imaginable. Imagine had the war with japan gone on another 3-4 years. The Japanese front was the most brutal with almost all Japanese willing to throw away their lives to kill us. It was a slaughter on both sides to the extreme.

I cant imagine there being a single person on earth that doesnt want peace. The thing is, as long as there is more than 1 person on earth, its utterly impossible. There were studies going as far as saying that killing is in human genes as a measure of controlling population. Going to try and dig it up. Now before I go too far O/T.

The truth benefits you and others how? I really want to know what the truth gets you. Im sure if we knew all the truths hidden many of us wouldn't be able to handle it and wait for this quote "self medicate".

[edit on 6/16/2010 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by America?

The CIA are losers

Agreed. They have covered their tracks well enough to hide things from the masses, but the people are starting to wake up a bit more, although I will admit not enough and not quick enough.

Assange is one of many who are working hard to expose the truth about this world, specifically the US at the current time - mad props to him for sticking through all of this to the end... let's hope he stays alive long enough to keep this run going!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigun_9
I just can't believe the clulessness of some people. WE ARE AT WAR! CIVILIAN CASULTIES ARE INEVITABLE IN WAR! Is the military suppose to drop leaflets or announce via loudspeaker when we are going to attack? The U.S. has lost the concept of "Total War" and that is why we haven't won one since WW2. If the allies didn't have that concept of "Total War" when bombing Dresden or Berlin, then all of Europe would be speaking German right now. Grow the hell up people, war is hell!!!

Very easy for you to say because you're thousands of miles away from the battlefields. Had those civilain casualties been American, we would have gotten ourselves another side of the story. People would be crying bloody murder, you are so complacent with yourself, easily justifying the murder of innocent victims that live around the globe......but when the war comes home and kills your loved ones I expect to see your same indifferent attitude from you. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Nobody stated that it wasn't "valid" but to bad mouth those defending it, is ignorant. But I expect that here with all the youngins trying to comprehend what they read then reply within the context of such. It don't happen too often...Just like your reply.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The CIA & FBI have lied throughout the history of their operation, murdering anyone in their path in order to achieve their sinister objectives.

BUT .. this sinister activity is slowly being exposed thanks to the internet and release of FOI documents from previous operations.

The reason I feel so strongly towards the work of Wiki Leaks & Julian Assange is we were lied to about IRAQ and that's been confirmed time and time again and these lies need to be exposed at the core and the perpetrators should be made accountable - BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

Wiki Leaks & Julian Assange can do this so for this reason alone they deserve our support in what ever way you can offer.

Don't just be another forum clicker swing into action ... this is our time to shine.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Remember that nothing is more important than exposing the truth and of speaking the truth. I'm tired of government secrecy. Let the truth out and let us decide what to do with it. There is never a good reason to hide the truth or to lie. Period.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Remember that nothing is more important than exposing the truth and of speaking the truth. I'm tired of government secrecy. Let the truth out and let us decide what to do with it. There is never a good reason to hide the truth or to lie. Period.
Do you think people are really qualified and responsible to decide what to do with it though? People almost scare me as much if not more than the government.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Do you think people are really qualified and responsible to decide what to do with it though? People almost scare me as much if not more than the government.

That's the issue though. It's not up to anyone to decide what we do with the truth. People can handle more than government gives them credit for. It's always been that way, throughout history.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

That's the issue though. It's not up to anyone to decide what we do with the truth. People can handle more than government gives them credit for. It's always been that way, throughout history.
I can agree with that to an extent. Again im not against people knowing the truth when it comes to this topic (said it in an earlier post). I just dont think we should know everything. The cables are primarily what I feel should be kept confidential.

The government isn't denying the massacre though. I don't see what difference a video will make. If its anything like the last video, its laugh worth at best, especially since they left out details such as rocket launchers which were posted later.

The video will do one of 2 things,

1. Confirm a bomb or some sort of aerial ordnance was dropped.

2. Show a bunch of guys talking and a flir shot "There are kids and women in there" should I proceed. "Yes".

Im willing to bet $5 its 1.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The entire premise of violence being human nature is silly, to say the least. Violence can flourish due to a plethora of reasons, environmental and/or societal conditions are just two broad categories I can list. There are a lot of psychological and sociological dynamics to explore, variables that vary greatly and are heavily influenced by the world that surrounds us.

To put it simply, in mathematical terms, what we have is an equation.

n = x

N, will act as us, the occupants. X will act is the environment. It is clear that if you alter the value of N, you will also alter the value of X and vice-versa, no?

This would suggest that if we project peace and understanding, then the environment would reflect that. But, much in the same way, if an environment projects a message of fear and scarcity, then we will have that sentiment looming over us; lingering in a way that threatens to taint our decision making faculties.

--------
And while the environment has such powerful influence over us, ultimately, we are the decision makers. We have the ability to completely override predetermined logical processes and make decisions completely outside of the norm, and we're known to do so all the time.

Where do you think new ideas come from?
---------

Point is. Not everyone turns into a cannibal in a desperate food deprivation scenario. Not everyone cares about having sex. Not everyone cheats on their partner. Not everyone wants to have multiple partners at the same time. Not everyone is likely to kill for the sake of their own well-being. Not everyone will like thin-curvy women/muscly men(or whatever the eff the stereotype is nowadays). Not everyone will care about riches. Not everyone will put up a fight when someone puts a gun to their face. Not everyone will care when they're about to die/be killed.

These are things that apply in situations where we can't help but allow them to. But we CAN learn to override these processes.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by SentientBeyondDesign]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well that's the point. Show the video. When the other one was shown it caused a great deal of debate. There were discussions on whether it was a lense or an RPG and what led up to the incident and the mindset of the pilots etc. The points brought forth were eye opening to me and many members of the public. Debate like this is always healthy. Hiding the truth is not. I understand what your saying about the cables, but then again that needs to be discussed as well. Truth is never bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Well that's the point. Show the video. When the other one was shown it caused a great deal of debate. There were discussions on whether it was a lense or an RPG and what led up to the incident and the mindset of the pilots etc. The points brought forth were eye opening to me and many members of the public. Debate like this is always healthy. Hiding the truth is not. I understand what your saying about the cables, but then again that needs to be discussed as well. Truth is never bad.
No doubt debate is always a good thing. You are a respected foe. I guess the cables could be allotted to another thread and sorta O/T.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If this is true.....We need to spread it like wild fire! As long as it stays in the underground media it will never make an impact. It will be our duty (because mainstream media are puppets) to spread this information anyway we can.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Many 'sleepyheads" in here eh?
Everything is OK, go back to sleep,
re-insert your craniums into your ...
whatever cavity you choose.
as long as your mouth is plugged and fingers bound so that you can't type complete BS.

It is clear that most of the crap talkers in this thread really don't know much about this.
They think they do..
which is so sad it's not even laughable.

Way to go "patriots"..
or makeshift patriots..
or whatever you pretend to be. .

Ill post this once more just to get your blood flowing.. lol
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3a7f6aec194.jpg[/atsimg]

This video coming out is nothing compared to what they can show the world.
And if you feel that the world doesn't deserve the Truth..
then why are you even breathing?
Back to sleep, everything is good, your favorite tv show is coming on soon.
goddamn some of you are sad.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What "Buggers" me is that you have these people on this site ... and just to remind you the site is actually called "Above Top Secret" and you're trying to say that you don't think Julian Assange should release his information or continue his work?

GIVE ME A "$%&*#ING" BREAK!

Go to another site ... ahhh whitehouse.com or cia.com or fbi.com

You're in the wrong place!

Above Top Secret is about truth & information seeking ... that's why most of us are here!

Put your money where your mouth is and show your support for these guys if you really mean it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join