It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder Has Massacre Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
How come no one on ATS seems to get all excited and whatnot when insurgents kill women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Car bomb goes off in a marketplace, a bunch of women and children are killed, and you don't see Thread One started about that here.

Interesting.....

Hey, How about the fact that the taliban just hung a 7 year old boy for being a spy. A slow and terrifying death, which failed to make it to the front page last I checked.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan

Personally I cant wait for the wikileaks founder to be erased. He's a threat to the country. If hes willing to release this crap just to slander the military, I very much guarantee he'd give intel to the enemy under pressure. Classified intel belongs in only in the hands of the government.

Transparency is a big crock of BS. All this stuff will eventually be declassified in the future anyways. Way to paint the troops as child killers.
ah intentional murder of schildren and innocent people is not right. sorry if that's inconvienent for you

and i wouldnt even blame the troops. i'd blame the training they get and their commanding officers. every action has a reaction. if you kill someone there is a consequence, that's life.

And you see that's what the problem. EVEN though it was an accident, there are people out there that will always say it was done purposely. You thing anyone in the chain of command knew there were women and children in there? No. Intel is gathered and when its cross referenced and deemed legit its used. It doesn't always check out. This guys just trying to become a hero and its obviously working.

I'm not against this type of info specifically being made public, its no secret that it happened. The problem is what benefit do we have from seeing the video? Seriously.

As for the thousands of cables out there. That stuff is better off not being snooped through. As citizens we never know the whole story and its simply idiotic to demand the whole story when security is far more sensitive than most of you believe. Without it there would be many wars over what we are dealing with now.

You guys should all be angry about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Odds are you arent. All because the makeup of war is different doesn't justify the way most of you are acting. Plain and simple.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened a half a century ago. There is nothing we can do about it. Its time is past. What we should be worrying about is the hear and now, what we can stop now, and prevent from happening again in the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
He's hiding in the mineral deposits of Afghanistan, we must find him before he destroys the status quo! Down with the Afghani minerals, they may be harboring a terrorist!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

is not like we all dont know they did it..or needed proof..the grief of the familes was enough proof for most of us..we know they have no reason to lie..but just like that knowing did little to change anything and created no actions that effected or changed anything..this video release wont help anyone either..it will get you negative and angry for a few days then it will be gone...and nothing it shows will be useful or fix anything or make things better or even present a solution..

we ALREADY know the guilty parties dont give a # about what we think or do....so this...wont change anything as the people that ordered this murder on all sides claim to be under orders and so on and so forth until the likelyhood of actually holding anyone accountable and making a difference or getting justice is gone and too hard and theres never enough money to raise a prosecution anyway....so that being a given...imo this wiki guy is risking his life for nothing, for ego..maybe he is doing it like any shill...to teach us that - that we are powerless to stop those who want to destroy the earth and the hearts souls and minds of the people in it...

hoorah....aint life just full of joy..

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Rosha]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How come no one on ATS seems to get all excited and whatnot when insurgents kill women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Car bomb goes off in a marketplace, a bunch of women and children are killed, and you don't see Thread One started about that here.

Interesting.....

Hey, How about the fact that the taliban just hung a 7 year old boy for being a spy. A slow and terrifying death, which failed to make it to the front page last I checked.

Well compared to the massacres done by US and ally troops this figure is nothing. Also what both Talibans and their master(U.S Shadow government) are doing is systematic genocide. US should get their @$$ out of other people's lands and mind their own business.
Worst of the situation is civilians get massacred by the both sides. More can be attributed to US troops.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Haha.

So 'a guy' gets a hold of encrypted, sensitive material - as if he just stumbled upon it somewhere ona bat-boy internet blog one day. Decrypts said material - as if the files are encrypted using a simple Caesar cipher. Then, is not arrested for breaking oh, 1, 2, 3... laws - not to mention the many other and sub laws I have no clue about - concerned with espionage, and the sharing of information found in said manner, etc.? Oh no, 'he' doesnt have his back covered. His whole ploy is a fantasy, with frosting-covered bomb-drops and marmelade files, magical get outta jail free trading-cards. All make believe. Believe you, me.

But I could be wrong, and thus simple-minded. This encrypted, obviously classified, material might not really matter to gov/military industry. In which case, neither does the law, of keeping order and maintaining human rights. Hmm...

Anti-military (industrial)... yeah, it was once a defense force. Not an interest's whore.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If we wanted to enact change in the middle east - why not spend the hundreds of billions on sending culture ambassodors and experts in their respective fields there, guarded by UN peace keepers - and go about it as peacefully as possible

Violence breeds violence
Peacefulness breeds peace

Those mocking the validity of releasing these videos - obviously have little idea about anything - at the very least these videos will bolster the growing anti-war movement - and at the very most, may get the US charged with war crimes under the UN.

I await them.

Though I must admit - this doesn't sound like the "history making stuff" spoken about a few weeks ago...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosinorder

Interesting.....

Well compared to the massacres done by US and ally troops this figure is nothing. Also what both Talibans and their master(U.S Shadow government) are doing is systematic genocide. US should get their @$$ out of other people's lands and mind their own business.
Worst of the situation is civilians get massacred by the both sides. More can be attributed to US troops.
Yeah the US should mind their business. Perhaps we should have minded our own business when the soviets came knocking at their feet. I mean we all know the russians have the most respect for human life than any country out there. So why not?

As for the person mentioning Hiroshima and Nagasaki happening half a century ago. This happened last year. Your point?

That's the problem with a lot of you. "US mind your own damn business" then when something happens is "The US didnt come fast enough" or "We need you USA".

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

(1:43:59 PM) Manning: im self medicating like crazy when im not toiling in the supply office (my new location, since im being discharged, im not offically intel anymore)

Not a good sign.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Personally I cant wait for the wikileaks founder to be erased. He's a threat to the country. If hes willing to release this crap just to slander the military, I very much guarantee he'd give intel to the enemy under pressure. Classified intel belongs in only in the hands of the government.

Transparency is a big crock of BS. All this stuff will eventually be declassified in the future anyways. Way to paint the troops as child killers.

He's talking about releasing a video. We'll see what it shows.

If the video shows that the military has done what we're told it will, then the military has brought shame upon itself, and has engaged in a coverup by hiding (encrypting) the evidence. Julian Assange and Wikileaks are certainly not guilty of slander or anything improper by revealing the heretofore concealed truth.

The concealment (encryption) serves only to cover the evil perpetrators' asses and shields their evil from the public eye so that they are not reproached for it.

If the video shows a massacre committed by the U.S. military, then those responsible from the bottom to the top should be held strictly accountable. I'm sick and tired of people condoning murder by "the government" here or overseas, especially when they use the bull# chicken# excuse that "war is hell"!

By the way, it isn't some ill-defined "government" doing these things. It is individuals and groups hiding behind the label of "government" who decide who they will kill next and for what reasons, or for no reason at at all. We must stop letting them hide between the mask of "government" and hold them individually responsible for their crimes and misdeeds.

To use your own ill-chosen words, the military "slanders" itself when it commits these acts.

Troops who kill children are . . . guess what .. . . child killers!

Go take a course in beginners logic. It will do you good.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
another video ???
c'mon Julian !!!

we need the cables bro.
That is what is gonna
break up allies all over
the world. Even Hilary
had wet panties over this.
And that is very hard to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gixxerblade
reply to post by Agit8dChop

While this supposed massacre that happened is sad nobody will intentionally go after civilians on purpose. It doesn't make much political sense, even if nobody found out. I am sure that the families of the fallen were well taken care of by the US Govt.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by gixxerblade]

Oh my god! In which sand box has your head been buried?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The MSM basically ignored Collateral damage. Nothing ever came of it.

We're living with state controlled media here people. Thinking we're not is just laughable. The internet is all that is left for free speech. And I'm sure that will be gone before too long.

The only thing I can see happening with the MSM is them labeling the leaker a terrorist and demanding he be brought to justice for a couple days and then leaving the topic to focus on the next season of American Idol or Bachelorette.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, I have the utmost faith in WikiLeaks.

Bring on the video, Assange.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No greater love hath a man have that he lay it down for his friends

He is asking for donations because of unexpected legal challenges.

Perhaps we should aid him in his endeavor?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I donated $500 USD this morning that's how strong I feel towards the work this guy is doing.....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have already heard that the JSOC, Blackwater, CIA war criminal gangs have been willing to kill 30 or 50 innocent civilians in drone attacks just to get one supposed 'terrorist',

basically creating an exponentially greater number of future terrorists with all their angered family & community members.

The CIA, Blackwater, NSA, FBI & Pentagon all WANT more terrorists.

Just like unscrupulous security companies, they like break in stories because it gins up their business.

The CIA, Blackwater mercenaries, NSA, FBI & Pentagon all see terrorism as a jobs program for them,
even while REAL Americans are unemployed at 10% or higher real numbers.

This is what rogue criminal government does.

And they expect you to have a Pavlovian response when ever they say 'war on terrorism', 'national security', or 'support the troops'.

They are gangsters & criminals in uniform, just like the Burmese junta, Saddam Hussein and all the rest of the uniformed criminal gangsters trying to PRETEND patriotism.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Interesting.....
Maybe because we are conditioned to accept that insurgents do that.

We are not conditioned to accept our military murdering kids, and it proves our government is lying about spreading freedom....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

What happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was horrendous, and shouldn't have happened. Civilian casualties are not a necessity of war, and they shouldn't be treated as such. People seem to ignore the all-encompassing parameters of these wars, in which the masses are used as fodder for TPTB.

War is simply and utterly retarded. It is barbaric, savage, and counter-productive. If wars were the key to peace, then peace would have engulfed this planet long ago. Mind you, should you question the effectiveness of peace, I would only have to point you to the fact that peaceful resolve is rarely ever implemented; especially without underlying manipulation and deceit.

-----
I think we can all agree that annihilating someone does not prove anything but the fact that you can annihilate them. It doesn't address fundamental points or arguments within the issue. It is simply a means, a primitive means, to address a dilemma.
-----

War is not something to be proud of, because it still means we have a long way to go.

To put things into perspective, the only reason criminals are put into prison is because that is basically the pinnacle of what we can do for those lost souls, aside from putting them to death. Or, of course, subjecting them to cute little social activities in hope that they'll become functional people.

The only reason we put people in mental hospitals(taking them away from their families and even condemning them to a life of alienation and sterilization) is because we can't yet address the dilemma. So we resort to boxing them in until we get the hang of it.

-----
At the end of the day; restraining people, pushing them around, killing them, ordering them, abusing them, etc. They're all just primitive tactics.
-----

I don't actively campaign against the military for lack of caring, but I think it is retarded to believe warring is something to be looked up to. It shouldn't be supported. It is a waste of money and resources, and more importantly LIFE.

Lol, war on terror, gimme a break. What are we, Superman?

-----
But most important of all, I can't help but feel that taking blind orders is somehow inherently retarded. In most other situations in life you are supposed to question. Yet in the military, you submit. I don't think I could willingly shoot anyone without knowing why it is that I am taking their life. So to do it blindly just seems very ridiculous to me. I might end up killing someone ... because they happened to get up 15 minutes earlier than usual and decided to go for a brisk walk before breakfast?
-----

"Casualties happened, kid. Just remember you're fighting the good fight ... For great justice!"

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JMech

It got that many because of those who have an anti military agenda, yet don't have/had the balls to serve, can continue to spew their venom.

The part of this that worries me is how he is getting all of this classified/secret/top secret material and who is stealing it for him. I don't give a rat's ass what any of the vids portray, its how they are getting out that I worry about. Whose to say if this Ass-ange advertises for classified material and he ends up with some god forbid nuclear data and it gets into the wrong hands then we got a real problem.

His intentions I think are good. But how he's doing it is very sketchy and needs to be stopped before it gets totally out of control. What mnany peple on here seem to either ignore or just don't know is that he is encouraging people who work in the military to copy, steal and divulge information that is controlled for a reason. Even if some do not agree with it being controlled in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join