It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder Has Massacre Video

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Julian Assange to address the EU partliament 21 June...

HEARING: (SELF) CENSORSHIP NEW CHALLENGES FOR FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IN EUROPE

www.alde.eu...[tt_news]=23424&cHash=137ca875fb

Journalists, artists and publicists in Europe are increasingly confronted with censorship and self-censorship. Freedom of expression, as well as journalistic freedom is not automatic anymore. While the internet makes borders increasingly irrelevant, freedom of expression, online and offline, become even more relevant. Laws are the safeguards, which are still determined by nation states. The seminar aims to look at freedom of expression from different viewpoints. Swedish artist Lars Vilks, Jyllands-Posten editor Flemming Rose and Dutch author Naema Tahir will share their personal experiences with freedom of expression in Europe, while Professor Alistair Mullis, UK Defamation Law expert, Julian Assange from WikiLeaks and Birgitta Jonsdottir will speak on the legal and political questions surrounding freedom of expression. Defamation law, source protection, safety, libel shopping and the Icelandic Modern Media Initiative will all feature prominently.

The event will be streamed live, it should be interesting!

Censorship sucks

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

"A wikileaks insider"--- interesting!

Who is that "deep throat"? Could shed a lot of light on this campaign. Funny, how easy it is, to capture some people.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marmitenews

Absolutely, censorship sucks.

Thanks for the link, i'm not sure how i missed that talk coming up and without ATS i may never have heard about it. Which goes to show that a censored internet would be a horrible place.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeamishBoy
oh my god you guys saw videos!!! I love all this military war bashing its awesome... just curious though, how many of those who are bashing the military have been in it... or better yet actually went to Iraq or Afghanistan...and of those people who went, who was out on the streets??

I don't understand the point of wikileaks... please someone explain how showing videos grossly out of context to a population that cannot even conceive of war is productive. What is he proving... that # happens in war?? That people die.... go look up the definition of war.

Ultimately I'm sure the government does do shady #, but don't blame Joe - don't blame the most uneducated poorest people of the nation that stood up to fight for it - for becoming victims of their "leaderships" plans.

And this #head kid who has all these cables... sounds like some fat # who plays WOW all day and needs some wall to wall counseling

oh yeah and never seen any cables and/or videos encrypted at all - its that mother #ing easy kids

Peace out!!!

What war? the war was already over in the helicopter attack, trouble is the "Clean up" has gone on ever since. You're right about "Joe" though, except "Joe" is on the ground. However I don't think "helicopter men" were the poorest, most uneducated bunch in the US, or anywhere else for that matter, but they were the ones that acted out the war game to the full, and they got it badly wrong, but.."Good shooting guys" So, can you not see what wikileaks is about? and if they do it again and again to expose fundamental flaws that are allowed to persist in military operations. then I applaud them. As for the hype before these videos are released, what better way than ensure that Youtube and others would not try to prevent them being shown in the immediate, without the need to download as in E-mail. You also have to ask how sophisticated is "Joe US" in comparison to "Joe Iraq" but you didn't address that at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid AmericaUS desperate to ask hacker what he knows of classified messages about Iraq and Afghanistan wars

www.guardian.co.uk...

The elusive founder of WikiLeaks, who is at the centre of a potential US national security sensation, has surfaced from almost a month in hiding to tell the Guardian he does not fear for his safety but is on permanent alert.

Julian Assange, a renowned Australian hacker who founded the electronic whistleblowers' platform WikiLeaks, vanished when a young US intelligence analyst in Baghdad was arrested.

The analyst, Bradley Manning, had bragged he had sent 260,000 incendiary US state department cables on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to WikiLeaks.

The prospect of the cache of classified intelligence on the US conduct of the two wars being put online is a nightmare for Washington. The sensitivity of the information has generated media reports that Assange is the target of a US manhunt.

"[US] public statements have all been reasonable. But some statements made in private are a bit more questionable," Assange told the Guardian in Brussels. "Politically it would be a great error for them to act. I feel perfectly safe … but I have been advised by my lawyers not to travel to the US during this period."

Assange appeared in public in Brussels for the first time in almost a month to speak at a seminar on freedom of information at the European parliament.

He said: "We need support and protection. We have that. More is always helpful. But we believe that the situation is stable and under control. There's no need to be worried. There's a need always to be on the alert."

Manning is being held incommunicado by the US military in Kuwait after "confessing" to a Californian hacker on a chatline, declaring he wanted "people to see the truth".

He said he had collected 260,000 top secret US cables in Baghdad and sent them to WikiLeaks, whose server operates out of Sweden. Adrian Lamo, the California hacker he spoke to, handed the transcripts of the exchanges to the FBI.

Manning was promptly arrested in Baghdad at the end of last month and transferred to a US military detention unit in Kuwait. He has been held for more than three weeks without charge.

Assange said WikiLeaks had hired three US criminal lawyers to defend Manning but that they had been granted no access to him. Manning has instead been assigned US military counsel.

While WikiLeaks declined to confirm receipt of the material from Manning, it has already released a film of a US Apache helicopter attack on civilians in Baghdad.

It has also posted a confidential state department cable on negotiations in Reykjavik over Iceland's financial collapse and is preparing to disclose much more material, including film of a US attack that left scores of civilians dead in Afghanistan.

The material is believed to derive from Manning, although WikiLeaks does not reveal its sources and its operations are designed to mask the source of the files it receives.

Prominent US whistleblowers and lawyers have advised Assange to stay out of the US and to be ultra-careful about his travel and public appearances. "Pentagon investigators are trying to determine the whereabouts of [Assange] for fear that he may be about to publish a huge cache of classified state department cables that, if made public, could do serious damage to national security," US web paper the Daily Beast reported 10 days ago.

"We'd like to know where he is – we'd like his co-operation in this," a US official was quoted as saying.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If the man is hidden or "underground" they will not need to make the news media release some statement that he accidentily tripped and fell into a knife cousing him to die. No need to cover up something that doesn´t excist does it?
We´ll just throw up a thread about 3 months later "What happent to the wikileaks dude with the video of the massacre"

And on that note, any1 know what happent to the fella who appeared out of nowhere with no id, no social code or such, and made millions of the stock market in a few hours, i remember a news article saying that he got arrested for "insider trading" where he stated that he was from the future this was like 5-7 years back i think ?

On the lighter side, there´s always gonne be arguing on this site as people have different opinions on matters such as the war and it´s meaning and if people should have the right to post such a video or not,,

I say to u 2 things,
For those who don´t want the video released, "Freedom of speach in any way and in all forms"
And for those who want those people off this site, "Freedom of speach in any way and in all form"

"These are the stakes, to make a world in wich all of god´s children can live, are to go into the darkness, we must either love eachother or we must die"

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Spacedman13]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by JohnJasper
.... I suspect that a lot of the atrocities that get blamed on locals in IraqAfPakistan are probably the work of the same special forces folk who perform midnight raids on sleeping "insurgents" shooting them as they jump out of bed then try to cover up their crimes by digging bullets out of dead, pregnant women.

That wasn't USSF. Gonna have to trust me on that one.

No offense but I'm not necessarily trusting anyone on anything. The US Military admitted to committing the attack but claimed that the pregnant women were already dead when they arrived. It's only because of an independent reporter that we learned the other side of the story.

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by JohnJasper
But seriously, my whole point is that those civilians may not have been murdered by insurgents but by special forces/mercenary hit squads or for that matter regular soldiers either acting independently or under orders. As it's all covered up by the military propaganda machine, how would anyone know differently? Only when something LEAKS out!

US Special Forces aren't setting IEDs to kill US Army Soldiers or Marines. Kinda goes against the grain.

My discussion was about suicide bombings against the local population. I'm not confused about IEDs and I fully believe that the locals are setting these to fight back against the army of occupation. It makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is the locals blowing each other up. There's no profit in it for the locals but definite value for the invaders: divide and conquer; punishment for insurgent activity; shock value.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join