It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: It's not 'baseless' to claim Obama hates white CEOs ‎

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Funny how everyone on ATS hates CEOs but Obama can't.

Oh and most CEOs are white. How about just CEOs?

funny how tangled it gets just because you don't like someone.

And Fox is still trying to play the race card huh?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I didn't add it in, I was editing the quote and must've copied an extra S.

I'll fix it...

Either way, a news channel should report the news, not opinions..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by lee anoma

So far all I see is senseless personal attacks on Beck.

If he is so wrong, why dont you just provide factual data to prove he is wrong and make him look like the fool?

How about he provide some factual data first since it's him making an outrageous statement in the first place

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain

Originally posted by draevin
reply to post by empireofpain

I don't understand the point of what you're saying, other than you agree with him because you hate the same things he does.

More on-topic, I don't disagree with Beck that Obama hates "white CEO's," from what I've seen Obama hates everyone, and is playing his part as the puppet.

Im saying im tired of being dismissed as stupid because i happen to listin to a person those who are dismissing me dont like.

Im telling you ATS members are pushing people away that are mainstream by acting like know it all snobs.

ok... now you rlogic falls down... beck is not mainstream...he is fringe

and many mainstream advertisers have left him too

you need to understand that just because an idea is common in say, mugwump kentucky, doesn't make it mainstream

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mr. Beck is a whining crybaby. That's not a very good reflection on those that listen to him. Whoa, Glen Beck is a Mormon?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Funny how everyone on ATS hates CEOs but Obama can't. Oh and most CEOs are white. How about just CEOs? funny how tangled it gets just because you don't like someone.

Well stated.

Beck's number #1 job is to attack Obama 4 hours each day...just as Sean Hannity does. For 3 hours each day on the radio and 1 hour on television, they will always take any position Obama takes and attack it.

It doesn't matter what it is. Beck will take one sound clip..analyze it nearly WORD for WORD giving his own critique of what is being said.

I hear it every single day. They won't criticize BP either...the farthest they will go is that "I'm not defending BP...what they did was wrong," but they will never give the 10th degree to BP as they do the government....EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW OBAMA CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE LEAK nor will they talk about how BP WAS SELF REGULATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They attack him for doing nothing, then they attack him for wanting to take over the oil companies because he attempts to take action after people screaming at him to do so.

Now they will push, "never let a crisis go to waste" as we've all heard time and time again.

I'm not a fan of Obama, but for the love of God I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE'S ENDLESS ATTACKS ON HIM.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sometimes when I try to watch Beck I am reminded of Howard Stern's line in Private Parts where he makes the following comment about C&W music: "I just don't get it." I feel that way when Beck is drawing circles or somesuch to explain a point.

But when I think of how Obama refers to the 'fat cats' in banking and on Wall St., I have to side with Beck on this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I dunno.....sounds pretty right to me.

Based on...what?

Glenn Beck said so?

It's like saying Glenn Beck hates Koreans because he's never said he didn't.

It doesn't sound right, it's absurd.
Obama has spoken with White CEOs before.

It's even more ridiculous for so many people to call Obama a corporatist in bed with numerous companies and then claim he hates White CEOs and won't talk to them.

You can't have it both ways and still hope to make sense.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Funny how everyone on ATS hates CEOs but Obama can't.

Oh and most CEOs are white. How about just CEOs?

funny how tangled it gets just because you don't like someone.

And Fox is still trying to play the race card huh?

It's funny indeed.

There are sooooo many reasons to hate the actions of most CEOs that race would probably be at the bottom of the list if it ever made it on.

As you pointed out, this place doesn't hold much love for CEOs.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Quite the rant you had there.

I don't know about you, but after expending that much energy I would need a nap...

Anyway, as for Beck, I dislike him because he's a talking head. He's suppose to report the news, I don't WANT his opinion.

NOR do I want the opinion of any of these other fools like Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper etc..

What happened to reporting the news? News based on FACTS, NOT opinions.

The entire media brigade are divisive, they cover what they want to cover and cover it at an angle which only suits their corporate masters.

Beck is no different.

As for ATS being:

Alot of you are very elite minded...i have noticed.

"You listin to beck...then your a sheep and your opinion does not matter"

"You listin to (insert name of your choice) well then i am automatically smarter then you".

Everybody's opinion matters, nobody is smarter than anybody else and I have never read a member who spouted those beliefs. No long standing members anyway.

Your a bunch of hypocrits.

Since you are an ATS member, you should say, WE.

And without knowing it your pushing alot of people away from ATS(mainstream people) by acting like a bunch of know it all snobs. I was put off at first by seeing how each and everyone of you acts on here. You gripe about people 'dividing us' when in fact YOU ARE ALSO DIVIDIDING.

You were only put off at first? What happened? If this place is so dividing and so snobish, then please, use the adress bar above and read FOX news all you want.

I'm sure "they" have the answers you are looking for.

~Keeper

I was put off at first yes...but i figured i would give it a try.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by draevin

I don't understand the point of what you're saying, other than you agree with him because you hate the same things he does.

More on-topic, I don't disagree with Beck that Obama hates "white CEO's," from what I've seen Obama hates everyone, and is playing his part as the puppet.

Im saying im tired of being dismissed as stupid because i happen to listin to a person those who are dismissing me dont like.

Im telling you ATS members are pushing people away that are mainstream by acting like know it all snobs.

ok... now you rlogic falls down... beck is not mainstream...he is fringe

and many mainstream advertisers have left him too

you need to understand that just because an idea is common in say, mugwump kentucky, doesn't make it mainstream

There we go again! this is exactly what im talking about. Im automatically a stupid redneck because i agree with beck.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by empireofpain]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Just the fact that he stereotyped white people is racist...i mean if i stereotyped a black person it would be racist yeah?This is not the only time obama has made some borderline racist remarks about whites.

Isn't Beck stereotyping Obama because he's Black with a baseless racial assumption that he just hates White culture?

Please post the comments from Obama though, I'd like to see them.
I bet it's be easier to find all the positive comments he's made about Whites.

Particularly the ones that raised him.

Beck never said the reason was that he "stereotyped White people" anyway, he said intially when he claimed Obama hated ALL White people:

Fox Host Glenn Beck: Obama Is A "Racist"

"over and over again" exposed himself as "a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture. I don't know what it is..."

When Fox's Brian Kilmeadeon pointed out that many people in Obama's administration are white, so "you can't say he doesn't like white people," Beck pressed on.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem,"
Beck said. "This guy is, I believe, a racist."

Glenn Beck-FOX News, Huffington Post

He later went on to literally say "Obama hates White people".

Is he making the Right-wing version of same witless statement Kanye West made?

Even Kilmeadeon pointed out the fact that Obama works with Whites in his administration as well as the friggin' White Vice President Joe Biden, yet Beck still wanted to muddle through his race-based musings without proof or fact.

Doesn't sound like he has a reason, or knows what he is saying.
It's like when he went on The View and they busted him for lying...which he admitted to!

I'm glad you realize though that Beck is just opinion, so please don't start pushing out anything he says as if it is based on facts when clearly he doesn't seem to care about them.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's the vid referring to the previous post:

"Obama has a deep seeded hatred for white people."

[edit on 15-6-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would suggest that you not take a few statements printed out of context as enough evidence to change your opinion. At least read the books for yourself in their entirety and see if you still feel the same way. Of course what you bring with you when you start your search will have a great impact on what you take away.

I don't expect you to see or understand his words from the same place that I do. I grew up in a multi-racial family in a racist and separatist town.

Hard to believe that when I was a girl that I could not try on any clothes that were purchased at the Ben Franklin nor could I sit at the counter to eat any food I purchased from there. If I wished to see a movie I had to go around back and up the stairs to the balcony for permission to enter the theater. This I might add was just a little more than 50 years ago.

It did not matter what color I was because the whole town knew my family and my heritage and that was enough to brand you less than.

I don't expect anyone that has never lived that life to understand how it impacts you on numerous levels first as a child and it constantly changes as you age and mature.

I too can remember times that I felt shame towards one or both of my parents and tried to hide from who and what I was led to believe they were. I received no mercy from either side of the fence because as far as they were concerned I did not belong.

I too took solace in books and my father was a great advocate of education. He pushed his children to learn as much as they could, for he honestly believed that education was the only true equalizer.

He died before he was able to see the last of his ten children graduate college but he left us with many life lessons. I just wish I could say they were all lesson of joy.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I actually just ordered them on Amazon, and I look forward to reading them.

I can understand, I married to a Korean and we have 4 children of multiple nationalities, so I definetly get the racism thing.

I can't tell you how many dirty looks I've gotten when people find out they are my kids.

Just because of what color I am, which is white and their color.

You know how hard it is to have kids you can't claim if they go missing? lol

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Apparently the MSM talking heads are not alone in their opinion that Mr Obama is racist - this also includes our US Attorney General:

Rep. Steve King, known for sometimes incendiary remarks about immigration, Abu Ghraib and other issues, criticized Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, who also is black, in an interview Monday on G. Gordon Liddy's nationally syndicated radio talk show.

"I'm offended by Eric Holder and the president also, their posture," said King, 61. "It looks like Eric Holder said that white people in America are cowards when it comes to race."

King continued: "The president has demonstrated that he has a default mechanism in him that breaks down the side of race on the side that favors the black person in the case of professor Gates and officer Crowley."

news.yahoo.com...

I do not mind the rancor directed at fat cat CEOs, when they are segregated as WHITE fat cat CEOs, = racist.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I actually just ordered them on Amazon, and I look forward to reading them.

I can understand, I married to a Korean and we have 4 children of multiple nationalities, so I definetly get the racism thing.

I can't tell you how many dirty looks I've gotten when people find out they are my kids.

Just because of what color I am, which is white and their color.

You know how hard it is to have kids you can't claim if they go missing? lol

~Keeper

I do!

Once while visiting my Uncle, my grandmother was almost arrested for trying to discipline my little sister that was being a brat and throwing a temper tantrum.

It took some convincing before he let her go. My grandmother never left the town after that experience. She just felt safer close to home.

Racism has long arms and even longer roots.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I was skeptical until this thread. With the quotes that was posted in this thread, the quotes out of "Dreams of My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope" that Obama made about white people, it seems to me like Obama might actually be bigoted toward white people. I'll have to find those quotes in the books, but if they really are there then you can't ignore what Obama wrote and go off half-cocked calling Beck names just because he said what appears to be the obvious.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

"It looks like Eric Holder said that white people in America are cowards when it comes to race."

NOT TRUE. He never specified "white people" in his statements. He said "we" and "the american people."

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll also add that there are many people out there that want Obama to be racist.

Why?

So they can justify THEIR OWN RACISM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join