It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: It's not 'baseless' to claim Obama hates white CEOs ‎

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Glenn Beck: It's not 'baseless' to claim Obama hates white CEOs ‎

rawstory.com

Lampooning Obama, Beck remarked, “I’ll meet with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… without any preconditions because we have to be able to talk… We’ll sit down, have some tea, some crumpets… Yeah, you’re a raging lunatic but we can get through to you and trust you. Now, the BP CEO? Depart from me, evil one!”

“What is it that the dictator of Iran… has in the credibility department that the CEO of BP doesn’t have?” Beck quipped.

No, Beck signaled.

“He’s a white CEO," Beck remarked. "Maybe that’s it… White CEO’s… they don’t want to pay their tax dollars and hav
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mediamatters.org

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Using the BP oil disaster to paint Obama as racist against White people?

Glenn Beck is really digging in the bottom of the barrel on this one and he even claim the accusation isn't baseless yet throws down a very divisive race card with no support or facts.

Beck then went on to only play the first half of Obamas comment regarding our responsibility in keeping the streets clean of crime that ended with the part about White CEOs, but here it is in its entirety:

I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs, who doesn’t want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or you’re an inner-city child who doesn’t want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we’re going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now.
- see: Media matters alternate link

Of course he edited that out.

What is sad is that there are people who eat this sort of FOX nonsense up and actually look up to this charlatan as a shinning voice of truth for America.

Yet all he does is try to divide us in the cheapest of ways.

- Lee

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I dunno.....sounds pretty right to me.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by empireofpain]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain

What?

How is that?

I don't understand Beck or any of those other talking heads. They just pull talking about out of their arses and then cry and moan when people laugh and point fingers for their obvious lack of facts.

Or intelligence...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

So far all I see is senseless personal attacks on Beck.

If he is so wrong, why dont you just provide factual data to prove he is wrong and make him look like the fool?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by lee anoma

So far all I see is senseless personal attacks on Beck.

If he is so wrong, why dont you just provide factual data to prove he is wrong and make him look like the fool?

You can't prove a negative...

What evidence did Beck use to claim that Obama was a racist against SPECIFICALY WHITE CEO's?

He didn't say white people, just CEO's. Does that make sense to you?

I know my fair share of racists, and they aren't just localized to hating a person because of their color depending on the job they do.

It's a hogwash argument and a straw man so that Beck can continue, as the OP stated, to divide the nation.

He's playing the race card when it clearly isn't applicable.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by empireofpain

What?

How is that?

I don't understand Beck or any of those other talking heads. They just pull talking about out of their arses and then cry and moan when people laugh and point fingers for their obvious lack of facts.

Or intelligence...

~Keeper

Just the fact that he stereotyped white people is racist...i mean if i stereotyped a black person it would be racist yeah?This is not the only time obama has made some borderline racist remarks about whites.

Im sorry but this time i agree with beck.

Do i look at him like he is a shiney new voice of hope in america? NO. Do i agree with him on a majority of things? heck yeah.Is he dividing us? He is dividing us just as much as msnbc,cnn,etc . Its not so one sided you know.

Just because i agree with him on alot of things does not make me a follower or a fan.

Of course in your mind it does huh.

Im a conservative/libertarian and a large majority of what beck says turns out to be true. He even encourages his listeners to research it on there own.

Its not his or my fault that they dont.

And i have noticed the large majority of you that dislike him dislike him for idealogical reasons. You dislike him for the message not the facts.

He may put his own personal spin on alot things....and who does not now adays? and by 'personal spin' i mean a large majority of times he will get together videos and facts and tell you what he thinks is what is happening.

Beck is not a news anchor...he is a opinion source. DONT LIKE HIS OPINIONS? THEN SHUT OF AND SWITCH THE TV CHANNEL.

and besides i go by the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Beck hates progressives.....so do i.

Its really that simple.

I watch beck because

1.) i agree with alot of what he says.

2.) We share the same dislike of progressives.

3.) he hates woodrow wilson.

Heck beck is almost a conspiracy theorist.Lately he has been talkin about international bankers and what not.

He is the only person in the mainstream media who is even close to telling the truth on alot of subjects.

And the final reason i watch him is simple.

He is just dang intresting to watch and listin to.

Does that make me a sheep? i am aware of the NWO and other conspiracys....im not a sheep.

Maybe alot of you ATS members need to quit judging people on who they listin to. Maybe you need to quit dismissing people if they happen to listin to a person you dont like.

Alot of you are very elite minded...i have noticed.

"You listin to beck...then your a sheep and your opinion does not matter"

"You listin to (insert name of your choice) well then i am automatically smarter then you".

Your a bunch of hypocrits.

And without knowing it your pushing alot of people away from ATS(mainstream people) by acting like a bunch of know it all snobs. I was put off at first by seeing how each and everyone of you acts on here. You gripe about people 'dividing us' when in fact YOU ARE ALSO DIVIDIDING

GROW UP.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Obama did sit in Reverend Wright's racist church for 20 years.

For Obama to absorb some of his views is certainly not "baseless."

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by empireofpain

I don't understand the point of what you're saying, other than you agree with him because you hate the same things he does.

More on-topic, I don't disagree with Beck that Obama hates "white CEO's," from what I've seen Obama hates everyone, and is playing his part as the puppet.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by draevin

I don't understand the point of what you're saying, other than you agree with him because you hate the same things he does.

More on-topic, I don't disagree with Beck that Obama hates "white CEO's," from what I've seen Obama hates everyone, and is playing his part as the puppet.

Im saying im tired of being dismissed as stupid because i happen to listin to a person those who are dismissing me dont like.

Im telling you ATS members are pushing people away that are mainstream by acting like know it all snobs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Quite the rant you had there.

I don't know about you, but after expending that much energy I would need a nap...

Anyway, as for Beck, I dislike him because he's a talking head. He's suppose to report the news, I don't WANT his opinion.

NOR do I want the opinion of any of these other fools like Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper etc..

What happened to reporting the news? News based on FACTS, NOT opinions.

The entire media brigade are divisive, they cover what they want to cover and cover it at an angle which only suits their corporate masters.

Beck is no different.

As for ATS being:

Alot of you are very elite minded...i have noticed.

"You listin to beck...then your a sheep and your opinion does not matter"

"You listin to (insert name of your choice) well then i am automatically smarter then you".

Everybody's opinion matters, nobody is smarter than anybody else and I have never read a member who spouted those beliefs. No long standing members anyway.

Your a bunch of hypocrits.

Since you are an ATS member, you should say, WE.

And without knowing it your pushing alot of people away from ATS(mainstream people) by acting like a bunch of know it all snobs. I was put off at first by seeing how each and everyone of you acts on here. You gripe about people 'dividing us' when in fact YOU ARE ALSO DIVIDIDING.

You were only put off at first? What happened? If this place is so dividing and so snobish, then please, use the adress bar above and read FOX news all you want.

I'm sure "they" have the answers you are looking for.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sure, I think Obama is racist - he might try to change it, and not to mention it - but I think he probably is. Doesn't matter - who cares, he is just a puppet like Bush was, neither of them have any redeeming features in my book - they are just there to do what they are told, and to continue in the job in such a way is weak and pathetic.

As far as Beck, he is an amusing tool of the scum - he is probably one of the more subtle forms of control they have. He is simply a way for them to insert someone who can apparently 'lead' the resistance in some way. Of course he must descredit himself and look like a fool, because that discredits anything he says - especially when he speaks the truth. The crazier and more unstable he is - the more truth he can speak, because he discredits it by simply playing the fool.

Beck is no fool - and his stage craft is very controlled and careful. He serves a purpose for the scum - it would be well that people understand that he is the enemy - I still watch him occassionally, and he amuses me - he is quite likeable scum.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I really don't think Beck is there to report the news. He has a "talk show" not a "news show". It is a forum for him to tell it like he sees it. If you want the news, you should watch someone else.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In this case I will agree with Beck..I have found stuff Obama has said about the "whites".

"That's just how white folks will do you," Obama writes. "It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn"
— Barack Obama (Dreams from My Father)

That is right out of his book.

Here are his other quotes from Dreams of my father and his other book Audacity of Hope. All are direct quotes of Barrack Obama.

" I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was integrating myself to WHITES" - From Dreams of my Father.

From Dreams of my Father - "there was something about him that made me wary, a little to sure of himself, maybe..and WHITE.

From Audacity of Hope - "I will stand with the MUSLIMS should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"

this last quote speaks volumes....what do you guys think...especially with what is happening in the world now.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt

I really don't think Beck is there to report the news. He has a "talk show" not a "news show". It is a forum for him to tell it like he sees it. If you want the news, you should watch someone else.

According to FOX and Wikipedia..

Beck is also the host of a self-titled cable-news show on Fox News Channel.

Source

HAHA, Also he's a mormon according to wiki...that's interesting..

~Keeper

[edit on 6/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
In this case I will agree with Beck..I have found stuff Obama has said about the "whites".

"That's just how white folks will do you," Obama writes. "It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn"
— Barack Obama (Dreams from My Father)

That is right out of his book.

Here are his other quotes from Dreams of my father and his other book Audacity of Hope. All are direct quotes of Barrack Obama.

" I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was integrating myself to WHITES" - From Dreams of my Father.

From Dreams of my Father - "there was something about him that made me wary, a little to sure of himself, maybe..and WHITE.

From Audacity of Hope - "I will stand with the MUSLIMS should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"

this last quote speaks volumes....what do you guys think...especially with what is happening in the world now.
[edit on 15-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

Jebus...

I did not know that.

That kinda does make him a racist eh?

At least a little sketchy..

Hmm...apologies are in order it seems..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Dwigt

According to FOX and Wikipedia..

Beck is also the host of a self-titled cable-news show on Fox News Channel.

Source

HAHA, Also he's a mormon according to wiki...that's interesting..

~Keeper

Where does Fox news say that he is reporting news or hosting a news program? Can you provide a link please?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zenjewel

From his website....I'm trying to find it on Fox's official program guide as well..

His quick wit, candid opinions and engaging personality have made The Glenn Beck Program the third highest rated radio program in America and Glenn Beck, one of the most successful new shows on the Fox News Channel.

Source

~Keeper

ETA: Fix link...

ETA 2: Quote fix..See posts below..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Not so fast there.

The actual quote is:

Glenn Beck, one of the most successful new shows on the Fox News Channel.

New shows, not news. You added an S.

That came directly from your link.

Beck, like O'Reilly, is an opinion show, not a news broadcast.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh good old Beck...he should really lay off the crazy pills

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join