It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories on a fix, or control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is there a sticky post or a general place to go for the government if you have an idea to control or fix the leak?

I was sitting eating lunch today watching the leak on the news and an idea just popped in my head. It may be impossible to achieve, and it would only serve as a control to collect the oil until they could figure out how to cap the well.

Basically its creating another resevoir to catch the plume... and then siphon the oil water out from the top. If you could make a sack, I pictured roughly the shape of a hot air baloon. If you could use material that catches oil and lets water through, and make it at least half a mile tall. your essentially bringing that well head halfway to the surface. Siphon tubes would be pre attached. and you would deploy the fabric maybe with cables with wieghts on the bottom, in a way that you could close off the "mouth" to line up with the leak.

I only imagined currents may pull the large underwater sail?

any thoughts, can I make millions off of this somhow?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is another thread like this actually.

I don't see why they didn't use cotton with top kill, but that's just me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
IT probly would make you millions but im guessing they would steal your idea or pay you a small amount compared to what the device could make them and call it theirs. They could have already thought of something like this anyway ,but i get the feeling they really dont care about the environment at this point.

new topics

join