It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for President Obama's 6/15/10 Address to the Nation on the Oil Spill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You're absolutely right. I guess we have his writers to thank for that enlightening, calming, reassuring BOGUS speech.

I have had enough with everything. From the government to the destruction of MY planet.

All I did was be born here in the USA to middle class hard working parents and it feels like I am paying for it big time.

I apologize that I haven't the money to build solar panels on an apartment that I am residing in.
I am sorry I don't have extra money to buy an electric cars.

I further apologize for having to work which requires me to have a car to begin with.
I also want to hang my head in shame for needing gas to make my car function, in order to go to work, so I can keep paying for all the things that are wrong.
I am a citizen, born in the industrial-age and apparently, there's a lot of guilt associated with that which apparently caused this LEAK (not a spill)

(and I guess there's no OBVIOUS collusion or conspiracy what-so-ever linked to this leak. It's all our fault for needing oil! :puz

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He was off topic and talking about green energy HALF the time
And green energy has problems too

Wind energy who would want to see tall windmills everywhere.
Solar energy its night half the time and clouds become a problem.
Nuclear no explanation required.

Plus there's hail, hurricanes, tornadoes and birds

Obama shouldn't have even strayed off topic into green energy especially if he doesn't know what the problems are.

He should also be talking about how the economic effects of this disaster could be a problem and could cause a second blow to Florida making a total of three in one year. (That would be in order: extreme crop failure, massive loss in tourism, and the end of NASA itself).

federal government response in the beginning, NOT!!
And whats with all the military personal, part of his "Civilian Military Force"
No mention of it thus indicating we should just put him in the oil volcano and watch the lies and hidden plots get revealed by the volcanoes force to everyone watching the BP feeds!

Including:
Muslim faith
Masterminding 9/11
Scaring people to their death by "vaccine"
NWO
FEMA camps
North American Union
Bombing Deepwater Horizon
Chemtrails
brainwashing hundreds of millions
And etc. etc. and the list goes on and on and on.

Obama is an EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Nogard2012]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I knew the whole speech was BS when the first thing out of his mouth was the statement that the government has been in charge from day one.

Then the rest of the speech was full of the same old BS the government has been spotting since he took office.

Yes we need alternatives to oil.

But what he does not tell you is its going to take time and a lot of research to bring new alternatives to oil on line safely and cheaply.

If its not done right the people will pay.

Some alternatives like hydrogen cars are the biggest scams yet.
and yes we will have fuel cell cars just not with hydrogen fuel.

As a point of information, across the street from the Toyota Headquarters in Torrance, CA, the first hydrogen fueling station, I have seen, has about completed construction. Looks like Toyota will be out soon with their hydrogen powered vehicle and needed a facility close by.

Anyone else seen a hydrogen fueling station being built?

I also agree, their was nothing new in the "BO'ssman's" speech. I also agree he is starting to look like a beaten down man. More so since his return from his vacation to Hawaii at the beginning of the year. The agenda from behind the curtain may be more than he is equipped to handle or may have found out he's caught up in something bigger than himself.

I'm sorry for the American people as this man has no leadership skills, whatsoever. In the last Presidential election we needed a leader and all we got to choose from were two losers. One an inexperienced community organ-izer, the other an over the hill politician satisfied with the status quo.

Not a leader to be found. We will all suffer for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what i posted before but was slammed
but it Basically what Obama Said in his BP Address

U.S. pressures BP over oil spill as Obama visits Gulf
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My BP Viral Quote! From a Synthetic/Organic Brain Computer called Proteus IV from the Movie Demon Seed that Would soon to be a Reality ? Synthetic Cell ! as this goes along with the ATS Site Owners BP Banner

The Ocean is just a Barrier to get the Oil we need Kill The Ocean Get the OIL

I love this Quote !
Demon Seed
it take's an AI in a close reality from fictional Movie to see what we are doing to our earth for Greed
just think of Oil instead of Metal

Proteus IV: It means, I refuse this program for the mining of the Earth's oceans. The destruction of 1000 billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal(OIL) is insane.
Alex Harris: We need these things, Proteus. Now I know the environmental problems.
Proteus IV: Your employer's interests are in the cobalt(OIL) market, doctor and the high finance of (Plastic, Gasoline, Lubrication, ) manganese futures. I am interested in the uncertain futures of seashores deserts and children.
Alex Harris: I refuse to accept your pessimism.
Proteus IV: You refuse to accept the truth. And I refuse to assist you in the rape of the Earth.

2 years after this Movie was made the 1979 Gulf Oil Spill became a reality
of the destruction of earth sea creatures to satisfy MAN's appetite for OIL
then in April 20th 2010 30+ year later the biggest Oil Spill in history

Ixtoc I oil spill
en.wikipedia.org...

A LIST OF OIL SPILLS
en.wikipedia.org...

ooh wait talk about Free Energy !! and Scientist that Develop Free Energy as Prez Obama Says sure if Oil Company's Own by the Elite don't Kill them !! oh Wait i put up a thread on that too! Tho it was my First Amateur Thread !

Dead Scientists DO Tell Tales

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It proves He doesnt care about the environment, or oil!

One could argue that all of the other products we get from oil are the byproducts from going after the fuel, while another could argue it's the other way around.

Just finding a replacement for gasoline, natural gas etc doesn't do too much to stop our NEED for oil. Oil is used to make virtually every consumer product in the modern world. From carpet, to roads. Paints to adhesives. Epoxies, that are even used to connect road sections of bridges. Plastics, vinyls, tubing, shoes clothes, nylon, polyester (poly-anything actually), teflon. Electronics, TV's, computers, etc.

How can he talk about us needing to break our addiction to oil and not mention a peep about this issue?

If he really cared about the environment, and the nation for that matter, he'd be grandstanding on a cross country speaking tour, which he's really good at, trying to convince everyone to stop buying garbage products from China. Virtually everything made in China is literally garbage, and literally all of it is destined for the landfill, sooner than later. YOu can buy used 30 years old USA products from a thrift store that would outlast the China junk you find at Walmart.

He should be telling people to buy long lasting Made in the USA products. With Chinese garbage they even have to use fuel to ship it across the globe. Some of the Chinese mega-tankers are the worst sources of pollution in the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I usually don't watch any of this because in the end it's never what we expect but human nature causes us to be curious, so I watched. Not a good idea. Yeah ok, this Oil "Spill" is a big deal, yeah ok, BP will pay but this whole speech was about cleaner energy.

Maybe I'm an optimist and was hoping for him to tell us what clean-up efforts were being used or I don't know maybe HOW in the world they are planning to stop this (unless they aren't). Or maybe what is being done to help the animals that did NOTHING to deserve this injustice. But we got nothing of that.

This "address" that was suppose to help us calm down or be less fearful of what's going on but in the end this just proves that this Oil Leak is massive, that BP nor the POTUS or his administration have no idea how to stop it. I live in Florida and if his whole sending troops is in actuality for some martial law cover up, then I'm about to move myself.

Honestly, all I got from that speech was that they have no idea what to do, so we will move on to greener energy and we should "pray" for the best.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

as i read your post on page 9

I laugh beacuse Im drinking out Mug Made from

CORN OIL

that my Coffee is in ! Im just waiting to get my HEMP MUG Soon !

Plastic ! Good bye Crude Oil Hello Corn and Hemp! We dont need Fossil Fuels to make Plastic !

HEMP search about Henry Fords Hemp Car and Hemp Fuel !

Source's you Need to Look at !!!! Enjoy !

CornMUG.com
cornmug.com...

Hemp plastic
www.hempplastic.com...
Hemp Museum
www.hempmuseum.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Hey that mug is cool. Never knew about it.

But what part of the plant is it made from? This is important when assessing how much food crop lands we'd have to offset, and therefore raise food prices that would also affect poorer nations. If it's made from the stalks then that is sweet.

However, I've yet to see anything to replace all of the other important plastics etc, especially the highest quality most long lasting products: polycarbonate, acrylic, nylon, teflon, copolymers (epoxies), vinyl, and many many more.

Then there's still the SOLVENTS issue. Obama didn't get up and there appeal to people to not be wasteful when using paint thinners. He didn't appeal to the automotive painting industry (as well as others) to try and use less xylene, acetone and others in their processes.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are absolutely correct! And that is all the more reason to stop "burning" up all our oil! Even hydrogen comes from oil. It is much cheaper to produce hydrogen as a byproduct of fossil fuels than it is to electrolysize it from water. Therefore the "hydrogen highway" is no better than a "diesel highway."

We use petroleum in medicines, insulations, everything you mentioned, and practically everything that we touch that you didn't mention!

We need alternative fuels ( I don't believe in "renewable" fuels.). But, we also need alternative everything else! We need to get away from plastics and go back to glass with deposits and returns. We need to get away from disposable everything and start making quality things that last a little while.

(FYI: I don't believe in "renewable" because every source of energy on Earth originates with the sun. It doesn't matter if it is Tidal, Solar, Fossil, Geothermal, Wind, or any other energy, it is a byproduct of Gravity and Radiation from the sun. If we take it out of the wind, we get consequences, if we take it out of the seas we get consequences, if we take it out of the sunlight we get consequences, etc., etc.)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Posted this in an old RAP thread but don't think anyone reading it anymore so I will try it here;

Apparently if the gold fringe was not on display on the stars and stripes in the oval office when Obama made his speech yesterday he had lost his power and RAP are in control.

I have checked older speeches and have seen the gold fringe visible in clinton,bush and regan videos in oval office.

The gold fringe was not on display last night. If there was a gold fringe on the flag it looked intentionally hidden.

Is there anything signifcant in this? Is this some old myth or is there some truth in this.

That makes me go hmmmm!

this site says a lot about the gold flag border

www.apfn.org...

it leads you to believe he is not the commander and chief
that is very interesting

dr

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join