It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for President Obama's 6/15/10 Address to the Nation on the Oil Spill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Same talk, and no action. Where are these 30,000 people? Where are the 'thousands' of boats he mentioned?

He's right about our energy crisis in this country. We *need* to move away from fossil fuels. The sooner, the better. I just don't see it getting done anytime soon, and I don't see it being done correctly when they do move us in that direction.

I've come to the conclusion that we won't be here much longer, anyhow. I'm not religious. Spiritual, yeah. Religious, not really. That said, I'm actually starting to wonder if these Religious fanatics had it right all along.

Dead oceans, war, break down of civil society, and so on. All the predicted pieces are falling into place, and 2012 is quickly approaching. Does make you wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Knowing how he and his cabinet and most of the democrats act , he'll probably try to find a way to blame this on Bush and the republicans. Not really a surprise.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Trust me when I say I am with you in regards to that. Just read my initial post here in this thread.

What case? On what grounds does the Justice department indict? If through an independent study evidence arises that there was criminal negligence, then by all means, let the US hold BP accountable. But as a country, we cannot just indict the CEO or executives of BP because we are upset at the accident ensued.

I believe in the rule of law, and it is by that law we must move forward. I also believe that the criminal investigation that has been started will come up with something if it is there. I do not believe however in just indicting people without due process.

Now I wonder though why the United States has rejected foreign entities from helping that had better equipment to deal with the situation. We are turning away outside help for what reason?

My conspiratorial mind says they are following the axiom that is to never let a good crisis go to waste. What do I know though?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As i posted in another thread i think now that this had to be an engineered disaster. Obamas agenda was quite clear. To convince the american people that this disaster is THE reason we need to end our ADDICTION to fossil fuels. He used clever words to paint the picture of how very bad fossil fuels are and how this is just going to keep happening unless we move forward and make the change to cleaner energies.

I do agree we need to end our dependance on fossil fuels simply because we are going to run out one day and he did say something i liked. He said that we have for decades put off what we knew for decades was coming. The end of cheap easily accessable oil. I read somewhere awhile back that all these scientists were arguing about how much oil was left in the world and some said there would be 50 years some said longer some said 20 years and one guy stood up and said that despite the arguments of when we would reach the peak production of the worlds oil they all agreed it would be within our lifetimes. So the fact is we have to do something and of course it always takes times of great tragedy or disaster to force change.

I am worried that this was a created event and not a accident, but now what needs to happen is focusing on fixing it and using this as a means to move into a future that is not dependant on other countrys to sustain us with oil. That i am all for.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
something that will eventually be lost in the annuals of time, like this one,

www.cartercenter.org...

dig deep into those pockets for this new clean-energy that is needed,

how can a price be determined for those affected by the oil spill if it takes years of cleaning, a oneoff payment would never be enough or known to compensate factors that have not even been seen as such for the time being.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The full video of tonight's address is available here.

EDIT:

Check these two embedded videos of the address below (note, however, that the above link to the video is a much better quality - at least in terms of video quality - of the address):

[edit on 15-6-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Reguritated speech of no good information. It seems like it is either taboo for our presidents to use emotion or they really don't care. I'd like a president who actually has some fire in the eyes, head turns slightly red, uses hand gestures...this way I know they are either a good actor or actually care.

la2

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm sick of hearing political reporters in the US saying Obama should make, or force BP do this that and the other.

Not once has Obama said that the government is working WITH BP, I say this to the White House

'Instead of looking to kick some ass mr Obama, why dont you and your government get the hell of your asses and go down to the Gulf and offer to help, if your country wasnt so addicted to oil, BP wouldnt need to be drilling that deep in the first place'

Obama is weak, and he is a hypocrite, this whole issue makes my blood boil.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I agree that he does appear weak and ineffective as president. He is not managing the nation's business though he is managing the globalist agenda for them. The banks will get rich off of carbon trading and the government will take more control of private enterprise by nationalizing much of the oil industry in the end.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

He is weak. No doubt about it. I poise a question to you, though. What would happen if BP suddenly said 'Screw it, we are no longer doing business with the USA'?

The oil companies own this country. True story.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
did he really say MABUS, Ray as in the prophecies Mabus?

holy smokes! anyone remember the prophecy Mabus.

Yes, Oddly enough even though I don't buy into his prophecies, Mabus is the name of the 3rd and final Antichrist!! During Economic crisis, famine and a disaster, a new comet is seen in the sky.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

What? And walk away from the biggest hydrocarbon market on the planet? That just seems unlikely to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulofBlack

It is hard for a person who is under the influence of mind control techniques to show their own emotions. Someone who has fallen prey to successful brainwashing will be immune to their emotions during a triggered period.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I for one look at the actions of men not their words. Deeds define us not our pretty speeches or serious sounding proclamations. That stuff he was saying is just crafted by wordsmiths for him to repeat on cue to advance the globalist agenda nothing more.

Obama has not lead this nation since he took office. He is a successful teleprompter reader and mouth piece for his superiors. His leadership skills in a crisis will prove this out as this is not just my opinion but a trained observation. I have known great leaders of men. This guy is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
reply to post by wayouttheredude

He is weak. No doubt about it. I poise a question to you, though. What would happen if BP suddenly said 'Screw it, we are no longer doing business with the USA'?

The oil companies own this country. True story.

It's like KRS-One says...

Ganja Business Control America
Cocaine Business Control America
Illegal Business control America
Diamond Business Control America
The Oil Business Control America
ILLEGAL BUSINESS CONTROL AMERICA!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OBAMA SPEECH, what a joke. I'll tell you what BP is doing with the oil gusher. SPRAYING DISPERSANTS, to hide the big picture. Now they are spraying the people with this stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well what a waste of 18 mins. that was!! Here is what he decided, with as far as "Green Energy"

My version :Now is the time to seize this opportunity to move away from fossil fuels forever. We need to take this opportunity to create new ways that are safer, cleaner and more efficient.......blah ...blah ...blah.

Now its not gonna be cheap , and the people are going to half to dig a little bit deeper to move away from our dependence on oil.

I'm not really sure where we are going and how this will happen., but one thing I know for sure, is Americans are tough, you will overcome this.

furthermore there is a 6 month moratorium placed on drilling!"

So you want us to give the money to you (code for increase taxes)

He is going to move us to "greener" fuel. He doesn't know what that fuel will be or has no plan on how to make this happen without bankrupting our economy further. But if he(code for we) throws enough money at the wall, surely, something will stick!! "It has to, because I am Barrack Husein Obama! When I want something I get it!! No matter how many people I kill".

His idea of preventing a disaster and protecting the beaches is to punish the people in the Gulf region twice. These people have 2 main industries there.
Fishing and drilling with one shot both were knocked out! "Let's do everything we can to make sure they never recover"

When he started talking about "I've got the best engineers and scientists looking into this oil spill and I've even got a Nobel Peace winner" "well that certainly added to your qualifications as the Great Leader! Not that you actually ever had any in the first place.

I think the good people of Louisiana ought to get Obama and use him for Alligator Bait!!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
an I thought they were going to start roasting mashmellows in the middle of the gulf,

guess obama needed to say something to show that he's onside with american public. need now to just wait and see these lifechanges he can bring..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
At least he didn't pick out a single sad story and use the name of an "everyday citizien," i.e., "...has impacted people from all walks of life. People like Mr. Joe Schmoe, who own a dry-goods shop in the small shrimping town of Olde Shrimpe, Louisiana. I talked with Joe and he told me..."

I'm sooooooo tired of that sad old poltician-speech cliche...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Christ ya'll are negative. And how many of you actually live in the Gulf area and are sincerely worried? Probably not that many. This isn't an opportunity to bash the President or push these annoying conspiracy theories. Your negativity isn't helping at all...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join