It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for President Obama's 6/15/10 Address to the Nation on the Oil Spill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've heard Robert Gibbs saying he would talk about CAP AND TRADE... what a freaking surprise... NOT.

Doesn't matter that it isn't related at all.

Of course Obama won't put a huge fine on BP, force them to pay everything, force them to buy hazmat suits for people who go clean that mess... pay for the evacuation of the coast, because let's face it, the air/water on the coast is already toxic in many places according to readings and scientists.

If I would be the president, I would ask people living on the coast, those who can, and want to, to move to relatives/friends elsewhere... all people affected would see their bills suspended until this is over. All those willing to stay would be provided breathing safety gear and water cleaning gear...all paid by BP.

And I would bring back the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. Give them proper equipment, and put them to work in the gulf. There's machines that can pump 200 gallon/minutes... with 50 of those, you can clean up the mess.

And of course, all the CEOs of BP would be arrested RIGHT NOW.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't think that our troops should be used for something in this capacity. They're not even trained for something like this. Maybe use some of the ships/vessels and equip them with actual professionals who know what they're doing.

About everything else I agree with.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He said nothing of any importance to stopping the leak. WE ARE ALL FOOLED, its an old video. He says, "when the oil reaches louisiana beaches." WHAT, the oil has been on the beach for some time now.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm going to watch and be disappointed..... again.

He won't do what needs to be done, he doesn't have the guts to do it. Nationalize BP and seize their assets, take over the company and direct the cleanup effort using their money and their people.

Unless he says that, his speech will mean really nothing to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

The speech has not begun yet, it starts in about 10 minutes, I believe that you are watching an old video.

Here is the direct link to the white house live feed
White House

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The time is about here!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

NO, i saw it already.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
so far so good.
line 2?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A third party claim administration group, to handle claims and send out compensation money..

If it's gold/Sachs, god help us.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
did he really say MABUS, Ray as in the prophecies Mabus?

holy smokes! anyone remember the prophecy Mabus.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
He's mentioned helping people who lose income in the area? What about people who have health issues?

I had a nose bleed a couple of weeks ago, 3 times in a week, after decades.

If I get sick, is BP going to pay?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
did he really say MABUS, Ray as in the prophecies Mabus?

holy smokes! anyone remember the prophecy Mabus.

Quit panicking, the guys not very important.

Ray Mabus

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sorry I forgot my LOL at the end there.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Two things he has said that has troubled me so far

1. The mobilization of troops to the troubled areas. Rumours have said that the national guard is on standbye for evacuation due to hazardous chemicals dispersing in the air and through the rain.

2. The "green energy" transition will not be cheap. That equals to me= TAX TAX TAX.

ugh I hate listening to this guy. I never voted for him. I never voted for any of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That was the WORST, Presidential speech, I have ever seen.

All it was, was a speech by him, because people demanded one! He was not into it, as it lacked passion.........I'm speechless, over the speech!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What I wanted to hear was "As President, I have mustered every known resource and person that is capable of stopping this leak and will provide the full force of the Federal government to protect the coasts and wetlands as well as the way of life and culture of the Gulf Coast. Step 1...Step 2...Step 3..."

Freaking action and not words Mr. President.

And the wrap up at the end totally pissed me off. As far as I'm concerned, he may as well have said, to quote Rahm, "Never let a good crisis go to waste" or "I told you so, we need a comprehensive energy policy"

Too soon.

[edit on 15/6/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I know, it's like he thinks none of us saw "Who Killed the Electric Car." When he was talking about his problem with people saying green energy was too expensive, it made me wonder who he expects to pay for it. Because I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be the people.

Mostly it was just political damage control. Not very effective, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
More smoke, with no substance.

Disappointing, and rather pointless.

Agreed, he was not "in to it" like he has been with others.

Seems like "Cap 'n' trade" is in full swing.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So the Presidential Address was nothing more than a recycled campaign
speech with some "new material" about the Gulf Disaster inserted at the
beginning.....Obama IS A JOKE!!!

YEA!! WERE SCREWED!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What the hell? The guy talks about needed other alternatives to our energy dependance, while skirting many issues he did not address about the oil spill.

Let's stick to the topic at hand. Obama!

The oils spill is the issue, not alternative energy sources! That is a whole nother topic for a speech!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join