It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnson & Johnson Hired Fake Shoppers To Buy Up Bad Motrin, Avoid Public Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Johnson & Johnson Hired Fake Shoppers To Buy Up Bad Motrin, Avoid Public Recall

consumerist.com

Ever since the FDA and Congress started asking Johnson & Johnson to explain why it keeps recalling medicine, there have been references to an unpublicized "recall" that happened in November 2008...Bloomberg has obtained emails from J&J's company, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, that show executives knew the secret recall would trigger an FDA reaction...

McNeil told the FDA that it was paying contractors to act as secret shoppers and buy up samples from between 4,500-5,000 stores...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is a fairly bizzare and disturbing tactic. Ultimately, as long as the product disappears is the most important thing. However, shareholders, stakeholders, and consumers should be able to know what was going on with greater clarity. The role and response of the FDA here is rather puzzling as well. Largte companies need more transparency.

J&J has one of the most longstanding reputations for sound corporate ethics among the blue chips. I hope for the sake of all invovled that the company still values this institutional tradition.

consumerist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I have worked for J&J on a country and global level and they appear on the face of it as an American Institution - the most TRUSTED US company voted by the American people over the pst few years, i believe from an article in a business publication (can't remember the name but J&J used it in their PR literature..)

I do know they operate a CREDO set of values by which their employees must adhere, sorry ASPIRE to so as to climb the corporate ladder....... but as any BIG and OVER POWERFUL drug pharma, medical device supplier, food modifier and nutrionalist type of company (J&J if your still following) then they are ultimately responsible to their StakeHolders !!! (share holders et al...

I also was aware that they are VERY quick to GO LEGAL to protect their interests and I am aware of two such instances where they are happy to APPLY legal (but not competative fair) Pressure on smaller companies so as to maintain a monopoly and or Duopoly in a marketplace......... IMO not fair practise in a competative environment.......

BUT to be fair it's the same across the Corporate world and many do not worry because they are ON THE PAYROLL trying to climb that corporate ladder....

Me.... I jumped off and run my own business......my concious is now alot clearer as I am working for the right reasons....

new topics

join