It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers of dead soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
With the death toll running into thousands of dead US soldiers and hundreds of UK soldiers (not forgetting all the other countries who have lost lives) what is the ordinary person's reaction to the body bags coming back?

Occasionally the UK media shows footage of servicemen and women being unloaded from planes to be laid to rest. Do you see the same kind of images in America?

How sanitized is it getting?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
US resident here...
I haven't seen a flag draped casket on the news or anywhere for a very long time. At one point the Government was blocking these types of images from getting out. That was back in 2005.
articles.sfgate.com...

Apparently their still doing the same thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
US resident here...
I haven't seen a flag draped casket on the news or anywhere for a very long time. At one point the Government was blocking these types of images from getting out. That was back in 2005.
articles.sfgate.com...

Apparently their still doing the same thing.

Same over here in the UK. It doesn't seem to matter anymore, at least among the British public. We have all become so sanitized, it is like war has become part of everyday life. We are all so far removed from it. Especially considering we are getting close to a decade of conflict. That thought is insane in its own right.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
well i know for a fact that the press aren't allowed to show the bodies of are troops. its also shocking to see how many journalist have died their but what do you expect after the footage of Vietnam caused uproar in the states they'll never televise a war like that again. and don't think were coming out of afghanistan any time soon sure you've all seen the minerals thread which was common knowledge to allot of you any way. p.s whats the bet the flags on coffins have a tiny label "made in china"

[edit on 15-6-2010 by danielhanson420]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
well i know for a fact that the press aren't allowed to show the bodies of are troops. its also shocking to see how many journalist have died their but what do you expect after the footage of Vietnam caused uproar in the states they'll never televise a war like that again. and don't think were coming out of afghanistan any time soon sure you've all seen the minerals thread which was common knowledge to allot of you any way. p.s whats the bet the flags on coffins have a tiny label "made in china"

[edit on 15-6-2010 by danielhanson420]

A rye smile just appeared as I read the last bit of your post. I think it is 300 + journalists dead. But hey, Big Brother's back on. We all have a subject to talk about for the next three months.

new topics

top topics

join