It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Roswell UFO Festival...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: First off, I know that this is a “festival” with a “carnival atmosphere” and not geared towards serious research, and is not even a good representation of the field of ufology in general. But I do have a few serious questions so I hope the personal flaming is kept to a minimum…

My sons and I are planning on driving out to Roswell for the festival this year. This is primarily a camping, sight-seeing adventure with us also attending the festival.
I’ve been in dire need on some time off work and a real need to just get away. It was actually one of their ideas that we go and I’m looking forward to attending some of the more serious lectures and presentations. It will probably be my only chance to ever see Stanton Friedman and I’m also looking forward to hearing R. Dolan speak, among others.

Yes, I know the whole parade and costumes and crap make the search for truth about UFO’s look like a joke, a charade and absolutely ridiculous, but it’ll also be fun for the kids.

We had hoped to tent camp locally, but it looks like everything is booked, I haven’t even entertained the thought of trying to get a room somewhere. In fact, Bottomless Lakes State Park looks like it would be a great place to camp, regardless of it being near Roswell, if we could somehow get in.

So, some questions:
Is anyone familiar with any camping spots nearby that aren’t listed on the internet, and that would/might be available?

And does anyone know what the deal is with camping on BLM land? I talked with someone in their office and they said that in NM you can basically camp anywhere, within some certain restrictions.

With such a huge influx of visitors throughout the weekend, do any off-site camp sites “pop-up” around, or outside of town?

We will be leaving Orange County, CA early Wednesday morning (30th) and plan on taking a couple of days to get there. No rush, and we will stop along the way if we see things that interest us. The main point being, this is an adventure, no definite structure or time-line except for the few speakers I want to see.

Any thoughts or prior experiences that anyone is willing to share would be highly appreciated…

Thanx……..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Any suggestions where I could post this and possibly get some responses? I understand that there is probably a lack of interest among most people here...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Check out the skies for UFOs saucers or Foos.
Especially at night.
Night vision goggles might pickup any beams on top of the ships in hover
if you see any from the parking lot.

join