It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you sell YOUR soul for your children?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hell is created by a persons own sins and wicked ways. If the earth ever split in 2, NO Hell would fall out. If anything, Hell is a spiritual place more than physical.

I do have kids. And they will live their lives and succeed under their own doing. I will make sure they have the support and love they need. The rest is up to them. My kids are my world. But I was raised, as well as my wife, to earn what you have!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Your soul is eternal- children's lives are temporary. You do the math.

No I would never sacrafice my soul for someone elses soul. Each soul is on their own journey. No matter what they mean to you.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by xynephadyn]

I would definitely have to agree with xynephadyn on this one, I would do anything for my kids, and I love them with all my heart and soul, but death is just the beginning of the next cycle. As a pagan I do not believe in the devil as Christians do, however I do believe there are varying degrees of good and bad in both people and entities and if one of my children were in this kind of dilemma, I would do all I could to help in the physical realms and the spiritual realms, but not sell my soul, there is always another way, and if it's not mean't to be it is not mean't to be!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Those who said yes have no logic at all.

(For the sake of argument) , when you die you go to heaven, right ? , well , i have an idea ... : DON'T sell your soul , you/and your children enjoy life as it is , then die and enjoy ETERNITY TOGETHER !!!! , how that sounds? ..

Or maybe you people hate your children so much that YOU want to go to hell for all eternity while your annoying kids are in heaven (millions of miles away).

[edit on 16-6-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'll respond with a resounding HECK NO!

I'll take my chances that my kids might grow up to be a depressed janitor(no offense to any janitors) than guarantee that he/she would be president.

It's not worth an eternity of potentially being raped in the bum by Satan

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Methinks it's moreso my brain latched onto words and phrases. I'm still doing mental baby steps. My disagreement was with the specific idea that the selfish life of the parent is over; perhaps it's my own flailing against the notion that I'm no longer capable of just doing what I want when I want.

But, I still don't think the selfish life of a parent is over - not entirely. Yes, it's been thwarted on many an occasion, but I find myself to be more selfish with time during the day... any moments I can steal and call my own are treasures. (Yes, made treasures by the fact that free time is no longer a constant. I realize this. But the drive itself to be selfish is what's making me (ostensibly) disagree because my actions are unselfish, but my intentions are selfish.)

Chalk it up to a knee-jerk reaction if I'm just repeating myself.
I'm gonna be 29 and I just don't wanna lose myself to being "Mommy".

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Diseria

I understand, I really do.
I have always been around babies in various stages of development. (Big family). I have babysat nephews, nieces, siblings, cousins, when I was still very young. It was not a big transition for me to have my own.
My wife, different story.

Anyway, I only have one word of advice before I go. Make them work. Get them used to it, dishes, housecleaning, whatever, at a very young age. It is not cruel, it is training for the real world.

Of course, there are other important things too, but, I don't want to bore you.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The selling of one's soul or making a blood pact with the dark force is never a good idea. i've heard of people who made the deal, asking for great wealth and a gorgeous partner. Then, the next day died of a heart attack. The Dark one kept his side of the deal and then he owns your soul for eternity. If people had faith in God, then they would know that everything in the divine plan happens for a reason...designed by God. And don't blame God for any negative events in your life. There is also a dark side with free reign over the earth. Satan's greatest feat was convincing people he doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well I don't have any kids but to give success and abilities to them I wouldn't sell my soul I think people should work for anything like that. If I had kids and if one was dying or all of them were dying I'd probably do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Life comes with struggle, happiness, success, pain, suffering, love, desperation, anger, doubt... deny your children any of these things in order to spare them and you are only hurting their experience as a Human. I would not sell my soul to guarantee their happiness. They need to take the good with the bad or life is truly meaningless and any parent who denies their child of that is a bad parent.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What kind of dumb, idiotic question is, "would you sell your soul for your kids?". Firstly, you can't sell something you cant even see, so who the hell is going to buy it? and if you say the devil, then get a bloody grip, Satan, the Lord of the underworld, is hardley going to walk up to you and say, "hey there you, ye, you, sell me your soul or i will eat your children". Why even post such a stupid question? probably to get a stupid response like this one i am giving you right now

[edit on 4-7-2010 by thedarktower]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by thedarktower]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

of course i started this thread to get a stupid answer off you, i directed it right at you knowing you would come up with a stupid answer.

are you serious?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The soul of my children is always more important than my own. I would sell my soul in a heart beat for my children. I don't care if a soul is sacred. I'll do anything for my children because that's what a good mother does she protects her young at all costs. Be it selling her soul or working 3 jobs just to put food on the table.

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm reminded of a scene from Bedazzled. The new movie, not the old one. Brendan Fraser's character is in jail with a wise black dude and he explained that he had sold his soul to the devil. The black dude says, "You can't sell what isn't yours." Turns out that the black dude is god and basically it means that ALL souls are his.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Selling our soul for our children is another way of saying dividing our whole soul into even smaller portion. There are 6 Billion people on this planet so I’m One Six Billionth of Our soul. In Genesis God Cursed Adam children through his soul. We’ve been selling ourselves sort for a long time . Now we think the Human Ego has the upper hand we’ve been fooling ourselves for a long time. The meaning of life on this planet will mostly answer our shared dilemma.
Address Bar www.imonesixbillionthofoursoul.com
Mail [email protected]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join