It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you sell YOUR soul for your children?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have a 3 year old that I love with my life, but I would never sell my soul to ensure their happiness. That logic implies that happiness can be attained externally. It also means that my child would not have to endure hardships, which I believe are essential in life. Plus, I believe that physical existence is only temporary while the soul is eternal, so, I'm pretty sure my kid would kick my ass if he knew I made that deal.

Besides, why would you trust bartering with the devil?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Doing a sale with the devil? Are you nuts? with the greatest conman??? you gotta be outta yer mind!

You WILL ONLY END UP LOSING BOTH - YOUR SOUL AND YOUR CHILD!!

Better you pray to our Creator for mercy and help.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i suppose your both right, i'd probably get scared and just get out of the deal anyway, no point letting the devil trick you into becoming his friend, although im sure it would have its advantages...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Truly, no person should sell their soul for anyone, even their children.

If anyone loves their children to distraction (and as a mother of four, I truly adore mine) then the worst thing you could do is sell your soul for them...

Ponder this... if you are a person of faith. Most people who love their children to pieces believe in something (I may be wrong, and if I offend anyone, please forgive me)...
We are all spiritual souls having a temporary human experience. How indescribably stupid would it be to give up eternity with your children to spare them a relative few years of "maybe" hardships?

After all, it is YOUR job as a parent to properly raise them in accordance with everything to ensure that they endure life with the least amount of strife. Furthermore, you, in your infinite love as a parent, will always be there for them, no matter what anyway, to soften any blows that may come their way... what favors are you doing to their character development to make it easy as pie for them?

I would rather they have me always with them in eternal life, then for a fe measly years on this crappy planet.... and then they would know that I sold my soul for them... what a benediction for them to live with. I gave up eternity for their substandard life on Earth. Yay!

Anyway, just my two cents. Probably makes me out to be an ogre of a Mama. Oh well....
I guess I wouldn't do ANYTHING for them, after all.
God Bless~

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would not sell my soul under any circumstances. I WOULD jump in a raging torrent to attempt to save a life, but my soul is MY soul.
I would not defend my child right or WRONG. If you do the crime, you do the time.
I will not judge myself based upon the life my child chooses to live after my decisions are no longer important or relevant. Too many parents take too much credit when their child succeeds, and too much blame when their child fails.
If you will not ask your child to sell their soul for you, and you absolutely should not, do not give them the expectation YOU would.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't really believe anyone can "actually" sell their soul..however, to answer your question YES I would do ANYTHING for my children..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Hell doesnt like babies @ all. IT RECOGNIZEZ THEIR PERFECTION AS WELL AS APPRECIATES IT (HELL IS A REALM RAN BY AN angel bad 1 but an angel still). It is dwelling only ONLY for the evil. As far as the original sin goes WE PAY THAT, BABIES INCLUDED WHEN becomming ADULTS WITH OUR FLESH, not by being automatically dammed to hell. YOU ARE DAMMED FOR YOU INTENTS ON EARTH/and BEYOND WHICH BABIES POSSESS NONE......

[edit on 6/15/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ok, so let me throw in a little mix up, take in mind that this being, the "devil", exists, but heaven doesn't, an afterlife does. so you either sell your soul to the "devil" and after your life you become a slave of the underworld, OR you simply just die with no afterlife, then would you sell your soul for your children to have a good time on earth while they could?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I don't really believe anyone can "actually" sell their soul..however, to answer your question YES I would do ANYTHING for my children..

But what if it included you becomming a lets say genemy of the human race or of the positive souls and you specificlly were required to destroy all their friends and family that they love for your soul sale with the BEAST???????? And after the fact they the children knew their dad or mom sold out their whole kind for them. THAT WOULD BOTHER THEM AND YOU I THINK, YES???

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
reply to post by andy1033

i see, but if you could guaruntee they would be safe and happy, it's a different ball game.

Na i am definitely never ever bringing someone into this rotten world. My life has been ruined by mad police and gov for 18 years since school, and i never did one thing wrong ever, and they are absolutely desperate to destroy me for no reason.

So no chance of me ever trusting anyone and ever bringing someone into this world ever, let alone selling my soul for them.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
ok, so let me throw in a little mix up, take in mind that this being, the "devil", exists, but heaven doesn't, an afterlife does. so you either sell your soul to the "devil" and after your life you become a slave of the underworld, OR you simply just die with no afterlife, then would you sell your soul for your children to have a good time on earth while they could?

Simple question do you like reptiles not reptillian race etz but the animals OP, um just asken

Also the BEAST cannot exist w/o its creator friend please answer my question if you can.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i understand that the devil could not exist without the creator, thats why i put the "devil" in these "" haha, ii meant an evil type creature of that kind, i wasn't taking in mind the physics of religion just more of a moral perspective different to the original question.

and in answer to your question, no, i have no good feelings towards reptiles or bad, it is simply neutral, the only experience i've had with reptiles is holding 2 or 3 snakes, watching a couple lizards at the zoo and the one my friend at, and catching frogs, thats about it, i'm not intriigued by reptiles at all. why do you ask?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sell them to consumerism, with non-bio diapers (the mess will be their generation's problem anyway). Cart them around in big fuel guzzling cars and buy them little adult clothing made by kids in 3rd World sweatshops.
When they're teens sell them body, mind and soul to whatever war is popular.
It's a parasitic relationship in any case, so if they ever join another religion, or turn out gay, just disown them and forget about it.
After all, children should obey their parents, not vice-versa.

That's a wry social comment, but also a truth.

Besides, if you can't scare them into your fold with hell, your manipulative options are limited. So selling your soul for their soul is just going to ruin them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

if they go to another religion or turn out gay, DISOWN THEM? you seriously are from Africa aren't you, that's simply barbaric. either you are socially undeveloped or you are a child, either works, but stop trolling, you obviously have no experience with children, you think if your child suffers from years of torment that you should throw salt into the wound? children are not just objects of your desire, you can't just throw them away and FORGET ABOUT THEM. are you by any chance a part of a tribe?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would die for my children.

As for selling my soul...if I have one....if I had to do it so that my children would have a good life... of course I would, if I was asked to do it so that I not them would go to some ever lasting inferno...of course I would.even if I knew they may mess up.

Why have children other than you give them life and do the best you can for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

not all children are made on purpose

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

I said my comment was "wry" - therefore ironic.
These are the things we in Africa see daily about US parents who pay lip-service to "family values" and gay kids are still disowned. It is a Western thing though - the feeling is that kids in these societies aren't valued.

What do you know of Africa? - even if my statement was at face value (which I stated it was not) my comments are no need to make assumptions on any continent.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

i apologise, i just got mad at the thought, and yes, this thing does go on in western society, and i would condemn it all the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

All children are made on purpose.
A juggler tossing flaming torches understands he/she may get burned. Sure, they may say "it was an accident", but it was NO accident. Those flaming torches were thrown on purpose.
I am not saying both parties were in agreement, after all, even in my example, someone got "burned"...
After the child is born, the selfish life of the parent is OVER. That may not be selling your soul, but it is a pretty steep price to pay.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Just asking friend
nothing more...
2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join