It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush & Gen. George Rommel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is a picture of Gen. George Rommel in my history book, that makes him look like almost Bush's twin. I tried to find that exact picture on Google, but I found a close match.
www.real-tennis.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't know why the pictures aren't working, I posted it correctly.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Two reasons that I can think of:
Either the website that you're linking to is not typed in correctly or it requires some kind of password security to display those photos.
Or there's still the possibility that the host server in question doesn't allow direct-linking to the sites that they host.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Actually, unless you upload a pic to a host server (Or you *are* a host server) or you type in a direct link to a pic that's already on a host server, you're not likely to be able to get your avatar pic to display here.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
TheCatalyst, you did a mistake in your first link.

You typed 2 times *http://*. Check it.

For the sec pic, your link wasn't the good one.
Here, the good one :

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
TheCatalyst, you did a mistake in your first link.

You typed 2 times *http://*. Check it.

For the sec pic, your link wasn't the good one.
Here, the good one :

Um, the second pic is obviously wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I mean geeze, they aren't even the same color!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Um, the second pic is obviously wrong.

Sorry, but in your first post , your second link is " www.crimelibrary.com... ".

So, I tryed to find this guy, " Jose Padilla ". Anyway, I found the good link and there is a GWB pic. But now you know how to post a link or a pic, so....

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
how can you even compare rommel and bush? hell id vote for rommel if he ran for pres.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Please explain to me...whot he hell George Rommel is.

Last time I checked, the great and noble man's name was Erwin Rommel.

And yes, Rommel was probably one of the most virtuous men alive.

In WW1 he with what 50 men? Captured 3000 Russian soldiers, and he fed them well.

During all of WW2 if a man were to be a POW he'd pray he'd be a POW under Rommel's protection, because Rommel treated them more civilized than any other German. Equally if not better than some American camps for Enemy POWs.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Seems lately that the word Topic has not been truly defined.......................

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Please explain to me...whot he hell George Rommel is.

Last time I checked, the great and noble man's name was Erwin Rommel.

And yes, Rommel was probably one of the most virtuous men alive.

In WW1 he with what 50 men? Captured 3000 Russian soldiers, and he fed them well.

During all of WW2 if a man were to be a POW he'd pray he'd be a POW under Rommel's protection, because Rommel treated them more civilized than any other German. Equally if not better than some American camps for Enemy POWs.

Bingo. Rommel was a good man. He wasnt even a Nazi. heck he was even involed in a plot to kill hitler. and theres the fact that he was one of the greatest military minds alive. if hitler would have listen to him we'd be speaking german.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
here's a good question, kinda off topic thoug. WHO WOULD WIN: GEORGE S. PATTON or ERWIN ROMMEL?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Given what parameters Krazy?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Probably Patton, because Rommel will always be seen as a Nazi by the ignorant, and as a foreigner by anyone...he is you know lol...

Besides Patton was equally awesome as Rommel...it's almost poetic justice that they faced off in N. Africa, like fate...that two gentlemen one crude, the other shrewd, would battle together!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Who was crude? Both were very shrewd, skilled tacticians.

Although I am an admirer of Patton, I'd have more trust in Rommel as president. I may be wrong, but I believe Rommel was more disciplined emotionally.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ok here's the parameters. 10 tank divisions 100 tanks apice, 4 Armies 500,000 men apice, 10 fighter wings 50 planes apice, 5 bomber wings 25 bombers apice, Make the Tanks M-1's, the Fighters F-16's for Patton and MiG-29's for rommel, and the bombers b-52's. nuclear weapons will not be used. now who will win?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Who was crude? Both were very shrewd, skilled tacticians.

Although I am an admirer of Patton, I'd have more trust in Rommel as president. I may be wrong, but I believe Rommel was more disciplined emotionally.

Bingo.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Probably Patton, because Rommel will always be seen as a Nazi by the ignorant, and as a foreigner by anyone...he is you know lol...

Besides Patton was equally awesome as Rommel...it's almost poetic justice that they faced off in N. Africa, like fate...that two gentlemen one crude, the other shrewd, would battle together!

They never met in combat. in north africa rommel went back to berlin with and ear infection before his forces engaged pattons.

new topics

top topics

join