It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A book that changed this rational man's life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for recommendations, I'll read them all.

Salters book is out of print and out of sale...

Conditioned Reflex Therapy

Andrew Salter, "Conditioned Reflex Therapy: The Direct Approach to the Reconstruction of Personality"
Wellness Institute | 2002 (repr.1949) | ISBN: 1587410486 | ASIN: B001Y0K00A | 268 pages | PDF | 30 MB

Andrew Salter (May 9, 1914-October 6, 1996) was the founder of Conditioned Reflex Therapy, an early form of behaviour therapy which emphasized assertive and exive behaviour as the way to combat the inhibitory personality traits which Salter believed were the underlying cause of most neuroses. In the 1940s, Salter introduced to American psychotherapy a Pavlovian model of hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis training.

Salter is often considered to be the founder of assertiveness training, although he did not use the term himself. His book Conditioned Reflex Therapy (1949) describes many case studies in which he used primitive assertiveness techniques, termed "excitatory exercises", which became the basis of subsequent behavior therapy for assertiveness.

asapload.com...
www.rapidspread.com...

I'll review Karens book later, because that whats the thread is all about!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, Dr. Horney's book from 1950 is a really brilliant, along with the others mentioned by others above from 1937 (The Neurotic Personality of our Time), 1942 (Self Analysis), 1945 (Our Inner Conflicts), and the 1967 (Feminine Psychology, the compilation of fourteen of her papers from 1922–1937. I am now reading her 1939 work, New Ways in Psychoanalysis. It is available in several different formats here on www.archive.org:

www.archive.org...

I also wonder why, after all these years, she seems not to be widely known. Perhaps it is due to the extremely questionable applications of psychoanalysis of Freud's ideas through his nephew Edward Bernays and others:

video.google.com...=-3986506414855430309
edit on 24-3-2011 by metafraz because: Missing full stop.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Necrothread!

Originally posted by metafraz
I also wonder why, after all these years, she seems not to be widely known.

I suspect it's a combination of 1.) she's a woman, and 2.) her words hit way too close to home for comfort. Books like Our Inner Conflicts and Neurosis and Human Growth are not comfortable reads.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
H. A. Overstreet - The Mature Mind

Very, very good book.

I think you can find it even on archive.org website.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join