It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

"Sorry mate, the Police Officer is a SERVANT. And a servant must first and foremost do his duty to his MASTERS. The jaywalking "statute" is put there to be foisted upon other SERVANTS (those who do not assert their own position as Masters). But that's no excuse for unprofessional behavior. Breaking point my arse."

The Jaywalking at that corner is COMPLETELY DANGEOUS. These kids have been walking out in front of fast moving on coming cars for years, even harrassing the drivers as they make them suddenly stop. And I can tell you straight up having worked with them for three years more than a few of them love to stir it up and escalate the S***. Its a very bad habit.

The cop failed, he got emotional and played into it... It takes alot of patience not too.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

"Sorry mate, the Police Officer is a SERVANT. And a servant must first and foremost do his duty to his MASTERS. The jaywalking "statute" is put there to be foisted upon other SERVANTS (those who do not assert their own position as Masters). But that's no excuse for unprofessional behavior. Breaking point my arse."

The Jaywalking at that corner is COMPLETELY DANGEOUS. These kids have been walking out in front of fast moving on coming cars for years, even harrassing the drivers as they make them suddenly stop. And I can tell you straight up having worked with them for three years more than a few of them love to stir it up and escalate the S***. Its a very bad habit.

The cop failed, he got emotional and played into it... It takes alot of patience not too.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

You a funny guy.

And I do agree that i have waisted more energy on this incident when there are more worse cases of Cop brutality at large through out America.

Ladies and gentlemen...do to some very good points made by Evil Incarnate and a critically over looked piece of evidence along with the fate of the officer in question provided by the creator of the OP I am forced to give my final assessment of this event...

I two Chinese Jewish girls obviously needed to learn that you can not talk to an officer in such manner, nor can you not think of the consequences of physically touching an officer during these times.

*Izzy pensively pacing to the left*

The lesbian hermaphrodite with half a half of a ball sack should not have let his nut-lock get the best of himher, especially surrounded by several people of a divers ethnic background who have trouble with Law Enforcement through out history.

*Izzy pensively pacing to the right*

The Chinese loud mouthed Jewish girls were ticketed, arrested, punched, and face further days in court for their actions on that specific tragic day.

*Izzy pensively pacing to the left*

The Lesbian meter maid has been demoted to the Law Enforcement position of "Complete NOOB* which is the worst possible fate a Cop could ever get where he will have to relearn how to be a proper Meter maid.

*Izzy stops and faces the jury*

Ladies and Gentlemen earlier in my post I mentioned that we all had missed a critical piece of evidence and sadly it was right under our noses the whole time.

This critical piece of evidence has lead me to conclude that the fate of all parties involved in this incident was just and rightly deserved....

*Izzy approaches the stand*

Ladies and Gentlemen this critical piece of evidence is......

This whole arrest happened right the DOUBLE-DAMNED under a Pedestrian bridge!!!!

I would like to thank Evil Incarnate for helping me arrive to my concussion, And true you as a tax paying citizen, you do have the right to drive with out fear of idiots J-walking right under a pedestrian bridge......*FacePalm*

Case Closed......

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Link

Here's what we now know about the two "kids" in the video - 19-year old Marilyn Ellen Levias and 17-year-old Angel Rosenthal:

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Levias was charged in February 2009 with third-degree assault after she allegedly pushed a King County sheriff's deputy down.

According to charging documents, on Feb. 3, 2009, deputies were called to the Ruth Dykeman Children's Center, a Burien center for troubled girls, in response to a report that Levias was being abusive toward staff. When Levias was confronted by Deputy Amy Zarelli, she pushed the female deputy, causing her to fall, charging papers said.

Levias was given a deferred disposition because it was a first-time offense, Goodhew said.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is more the cops fault, but the woman sounded like she had a big mouth. We do not see everything that is said, so..

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Le Colonel]

so... if someone is mouthy then smack them in the gob? There is absolutely no excuse for it. Big mouth or not. However, I am glad you are not on the policeman's side.

I wonder if the cop was bullied at school...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

I apologize if this has already been posted, didn't have time to look through the whole thread but I live near Seattle and had this saved to my favorites.

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/Cfk3syhbiWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

link:www.youtube.com...

The cops here are unreasonable. I see them hassle homeless people all the time for camping at the park and they take away all their belongings, coats, sleeping bags, etc. I understand they're camping on public property but that's where they always stay at night, not harming anyone and there aren't enough shelters for all of the homeless people. It's sad.

I see them wait outside the bars for drunk people to get in their cars and pull them over once they start driving. It's outrageous. A police officers' job is to protect and enforce: why not stop them before they could do damage and offer to get them a taxi?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You wouldn't believe how common this is here, the only time it gets media attention is if someone happens to have a video camera. A friend of mine since high school was riding a bike that a metro cop thought was stolen. He knocked the bike over then kicked my friend in his face while he was sitting on the curb handcuffed. The bike was his and he was not a thief. It's a shame that such a beautiful city is getting such a bad rep.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by moarboar8907
A police officers' job is to protect and enforce: why not stop them before they could do damage and offer to get them a taxi?

Because when police officers go out of their way to do something such as that. The people they help tend to not be very appreciative.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well I wanted a literal answer, you can't help me to see something for myself when my question pertains to you. That type of question needs a literal answer. Of no importance anyway, so that's a dropped issue.

Well I'm glad to see people get offended when I say they care more for a dog then their fellow human.

I think offending people with such things also reminds them that they should get offended about such things.

I wasn't offended by that, I prefer dogs to most people

About the rest of your post....

I just feel that the US is at a cross road. Cop brutality no longer only happens to one group of people.Americans in general have to choose to tone the force their police use down or provide a scary law abiding future for their children.

We've already crossed the road

Police brutality NEVER happened to just one group of people in America.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
yeah its kinda obscene for that kind of reaction, but also, some people talk to much and are abusive when they speak. This is more the cops fault, but the woman sounded like she had a big mouth. We do not see everything that is said, so..

Im still on the womans side, but just barely.

edit to add

rereading the article and rewatching the video, I think getting arrested for Jaywalking to be extremely anithuman behaviour. If there are no cars, why not cross. I Jaywalk everyday, so do most urban dwellers. Its our RIGHT to walk where we wish. I have Jaywalked right in a cops face, many times. If done properly, and not running through traffic (which is why the jaywalking bylaw exists probably)

Sad, the women should be let free, no mark on the record, same with the cop. An apology to both parties and on with life.. Its a waste to use any resources to persue this in courts, or whatever, that is just giving more power to the ELITE to use their lawyers to play their game..

Bah... sad story

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Le Colonel]

So she has a big mouth, which entitles him to punch a WOMAN smaller than him in the face? She barely even pushed the man and he decked her in the face like she was a grown man. THAT is what disgusts everyone of us voicing an outrage.

Your mother did a horrible job bringing you up.

IMO the police officer should be fired on the spot and face assault charges.

DISGUSTING!

Any male who even attempts to justify this isn't worthy of being called a man. They are little boys wishing they could grow up and be one.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moarboar8907

Ahhh another Washingtonian!

The cops are the worst here! Ever since WTO beat down. It's like it opened the flood gate for police brutality.

I think we have the most youtube police brutality videos online too.

The WTO of course
The 15 yearold girl beat up in her cell
the innocent guy tackeld head first into a wall (who is still a vegy, his wife had to quit her job to care for him, sad story. Cop still patrols!)
The cop beating an unarmed man on the ground and macing his face
And now this. Not that this is what I would consider brutality, she did after all assault an officer, but it is very poor taste and just in general a bad image for society.

And you think cops are bad in that area moarboar8907? You should see the kirkland PD. In my entire life I have never met such ruthless police. And my dads a f***ing kitsap county sheriff!!! He has come down to KPD offices more then once to chew a couple officers out.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm not shocked as the cops in Washington State can be pretty harsh. They are said to be highered by an independant agency of the state's gov,...so, possibly not regulated thus why they get away with soo much.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

I didn't know about all of those other things, I'm from Oly, so it's more of the small town cop thing going on here but anywhere north of that is a disaster. I find myself nervous passing by a cop even though I have absolutely nothing to be nervous about.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well,,,,i start off by saying YOU DONT get between an officer and push him while he's doing an arrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 2 stupid high strung broads probly knew a camera was on them..(and drama'd up)

I dont give a rats if this jaywalking or not,,,Thats not the point..

Say if I get a seat belt ticket or ticketed for littering,,can my friend get between and push the cop and obstuct justice.???

HELL NO!!!!

As another poster posted,,,she's lucky she didnt get slamed to the ground hard and knocked a few teeth out..

The cop was justistifide and she desrved exactly what she got!!!

Sure it coulda be handled different,,,but thats the way it goes I guess...

Put a smile on my face!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Come to think of it? Imagine. Which would have been better happening. Woman sustaining a punch to the face or becoming hamburger-meat in the middle of the street after she gets run over.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This has been my first chance to study this video since seeing it air on the news.

That first sentence may indicate where I might be leading with my analysis. At least hear me out.

The link states the officer was talking with the young man for j-walking. Then this video skips that, and jumps right to the assult on a secondary pedestrian. Yes, I said assult. Your welcome.

I also took notice of the type of roadway wich was involved. I understand a street savvy person has the sense to cross a street safley with courtesy to speeding cars, I am one of them as well. This could very easily be me getting in trouble for j-walking.
I must digress though to the nature of a divided multilaned "avenue" I am overly aware of the types of traffic patterns these create. They are not ideal pedestrian crossing locations. It would make sense as to why the borough in this video decided to spend a million dollars to construct a pedestrain overpass.

Wich leads to my other observation of seeing the majority of people exiting the above mentioned pedestrian overpass. So why did these children ignore the masses of other people safely using the overpass?
I can only assume this cop is likely ordered to sit at this intersection for school hours, day to day, to enforce the use of the overpass.
I can also assume these children are well aware of the police presence at this intersection. I would even say they noticed the squad car parked or sitting in traffic moments before this encounter.

To close, plain and simple they were wrong to get emotionally and physically involved. And absolutely the cop was wrong to strike a person like that. He made it personal, when he could have been cool about it. Maybe scored some points with the youth. I feel everyone involved in the incident could be guilty of somthing. Of course the major thing is the assult. But the children are not innocent in my view.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

This whole arrest happened right the DOUBLE-DAMNED under a Pedestrian bridge!!!!

Just thought that desperately needed repeating.

I find it hard to believe that after both girls criminal history has been shown and this wonderful piece of evidence that I cannot believe we all missed for so long, people are still debating this.

Look at the girl. I think taking a few steps up to use the pedestrian bridge that is there to keep her safe and prortect the rights of DRIVERS on, ya know, ROADS could only have done her a favor.

Now if someone can come back with proof she has a heart condition or other such injury as to make reaching the pedestrian bridge and issue for her, what is there to even debate?

[edit on 6/23/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

I find it hard to believe that after both girls criminal history has been shown and this wonderful piece of evidence that I cannot believe we all missed for so long, people are still debating this.

I don't think there is any debate here. The girls were out of line & the cop could of handled it more professionally. He's getting extra training & the girls are getting theirs.

BTW - The girl who was punched met with and apologized to the LEO here and he accepted her apology. At least that's what's been reported on the local news.

After looking at longer videos on in full screen slow motion mode I can see that the LEO was completely off balance and was nearly overpowered here. I see his punch as an act of desperation.

It was a setup, but the setup came from those who hired him, put him out there alone, trained him and knew there was going to be resistance that would create this type of scenario.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I agree with most of what you say but I only need look one post above mine to see people still comdemning the cop so apparently, it is still being debated.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Every day there are like 100,000 instances of jay walking (totally made that up) in Seattle. When a cop picks you out for jaywalking but fails to pick out the other 99,999 jaywalkers people will say WTF?

Seattle and every big city is full of jay walkers. It is also full of bicycles riding on the same sidewalks where pedestrians are walking OMG! Where is the SWAT when you need it?

The fact is, selective jaywalking enforcement is a *warning sign* of a human rights violation is about to take place...
... and that is exactly what we have in this video.

edit to add: I'm starrring all the posts that say this cop was a wrong.
edit on 8/5/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join