It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

yeah this happend at my old school my aunt owns the restraunt across the street it goes dwn in the southend of seattle imagine what they dont catch on tv

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn

Originally posted by unityemissions
Two words : Race Wars

...... you've been forewarned.

Well...God is a man.

So, you already know who will win this war...

you've been forewarned.

I might as well get my shovel...there's about to be a lot of bodies to bury.

This is absurd,

There does not have to be any race wars at all, did you folks not read my post?

All Cops have to do is only do these things to White people and every one wins.

1.) Cops get their penis envy out of their system by using extremely excessive force on people.

2.) White people get to watch the videos and give their technical view and Bash the victim for not respecting their Nazi Master.

3.) And blacks stop getting abused....

Everyone lives happily ever after as long as no dogs or cats are shot, kicked or punched.

It's that simple folks. If we all work together we can get though this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
[edit on 15-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is White cops Vs Black people, even tho i believe Black Cops are a bit less hasty to use Cop brutality.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Izarith]
what about those black cops in what was it Uganda, they would just chop off your head for jay walking.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Your comments are what turns it into a race war. You state whites can only look at things technically unless an animal is hurt etc.... or that cops need to only do this to whites.

How are you not perpetuating a race war by blatant stereotypical racial comments like that?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

No, I'm afraid I still don't understand your statement regarding whites looking at this technically. What exactly is the alternative?

Like I said in my first post on this thread....

Give it a 100 years maybe then you will understand.

Sure the initial reason the officer confronted the girls was because of J-walking... for all we know. From the video I've seen, and unless there is another video showing it farther back. The incident in question starts with a girl telling the officer to get the F*** off her and swiping at his arms.

True for all we know from the video the Cop could have grabbed her crotch and offered to not give her a ticket in exchange for deep oral sex....who knows

But something made this girl very upset, it's not every day two young girl start "F"ing off the cops and push them away.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Your comments are what turns it into a race war. You state whites can only look at things technically unless an animal is hurt etc.... or that cops need to only do this to whites.

How are you not perpetuating a race war by blatant stereotypical racial comments like that?

In your opinion....

See in my opinion what I offer will bring about world peace like we have never see it on Earth Before. Except for the White people getting abused by Cops, which is happening anyway with out the out cry of the white community, and so it will continue.

I'm not understanding what your problem is with my proposal. Are you saying you would like to see the Black community rise up against the injustice of Cop brutality?

Because i'm trying to prevent it and find a solution for us all....even the cute-cuddly, fuzzy-wuzzy animals.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

They're lucky he didn't pull a gun and shoot the second chick. She's lucky someone was pulling her away.
The guy was wrestling with someone, whether it's a legitimate bust or not, if you get involved all he has to FEEL is that his life is in danger-POW!
If I had these pieces of work giving me # and resisting, I'd call back up and I'd take them all to jail. Including the mouthy ass with the camera.
I do not feel that if you want to film a situation of any stripe you should be interfered with. Running your idiot mouth and stirring the emotions up puts you on the short list of who needs to popped.
Screwing with a cop is tantamount to suicide. They don't give them guns for nothing. All of you who think otherwise should demonstrate that courage a few times so we can thin the herd of fools.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Your talking about Africans...

Blacks in America have nothing to do with Africans. They are just as much American as the founding fathers because they arrived on the same God Damn boat all those years ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backwherewestarted

2) So far this year 75 officers have been killed in the line of duty, up 14% from this date a year ago.

Couple of things people don't often consider:

- cops have increased violence as well, or at least that is public perception. This puts them in a much more dangerous position.

- often cops are gunned down while enforcing nonviolent crimes, like the cops shot on the side of the road so someone could avoid a drug charge (or having the Mexican Mafia kill them and their parents for losing a shipment). It is a shame that officers are asked to risk their lives to keep people from doing stupid things like drugs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hey Bigfurryguy,

I was a Cab driver for 5 years. A taxi driver is USA's most dangerous rated job in that country If it's not it's definitely rates higher than a Cob when it comes to danger. I'm basically a big unarmed bag of money you can call right to your house.

As a Cab driver I have learned so much about the police you have no idea.

Because their job is dangerous all they do when not forced by a direct call is sit under a bridge and give DUI tickets out.

Then when they are called they are so frightened they use the most excessive force they possibly can, on anyone in every situation.

I as a cabbi was forced by law to take thugs out of certain arias of a city because the cops did not want to search them knowing they would find arms and drugs which would lead to an arrest, statistics and the lowering of property value.

So in those situations they gave these thugs to me to Handel. AND I DID.

Now that's something you should keep in mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

IMO most White People only show out cry against Authority abuse when it involves an animal like a dog or cat. If this Cop would have done half of what he did to a Dog the white Members of ATS would have shoved this thread right into the RANT section of the BTS forums.

I'm just curious, how do you know which ATS members are white ?

It probably would have been just a J-walking infraction, if the girl had acted properly. The girl in Pink, should have kept out of it, and things would have gone a lot smoother. After she pushed him and he got into with her the other girl jumped on his back. If you're gonna attack a cop, expect some kind of fallout from it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
OMG....I actually have to side with police this time around. You simply don't become confrontational with police. Now we didn't actually see the whole thing and it could have been unjustified, but the other woman did physically interject herself. The cop should NOT have tried to punch her and needs to be let go. He could not properly restrain a resisting woman.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
reply to post by Izarith

The other 'fun' part of his logic is that we consider blacks to be people. If we thought they were just animals, we'd be offended by their abuse. So therefore they are lower than animals.
I don't recall anyone bringing up race or that whites need to pummel blacks whenever we have the chance. It was the opposite.
I am ardently anti-authoritarian. In an earlier post a person mentioned that they were WARNED by his hotel staff about the strict enforcement of jay-walking prohibitions.
You don't give crap to a person who has a gun (and other weapons) who is doing his freaking job. This is not complicated. It's not technical. It's not racial.
It's freaking survival.
Anyone who thinks you should confront a cop who has been told to do a particular thing had better bring a better response than, "I didn't want to get a ticket." to gain my sympathy.
Your ardent objections to this cops actions are of exceedingly thin tissue.
Once again the asswipe with the camera should have gone down too for inciting. IF that cop had felt really threatened a lot of bodies would have been on that ground. The camera dude should have been one of them.
As to those who think a cop with a dozen people around him isn't getting nervous because of his training, who's the moron? Step away from the cop is the best advice when they are involved in performing an official act.
It's not unconstitutional to have legal controls on the roadways.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All of those people standing around should have jumped that officer and taken his weapon. Then they should have handcuffed the officer and made a citizen's arrest. We are allowing these officers to do these types of things. We need to stand up for ourselves and fight back because after all, there are more of us than there are of them.

Of course I'm not saying to do this with all officers, rather when they are assaulting someone like this. There are plenty of good officers out there but unfortunately, that isn't good enough. Many of these officers shouldn't be armed and given the authority to harass people.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Its funny how the officers says the girl tried to grab him and everyone in the crowd is pretty much calling him a liar when the girl clearly grabbed and pushed the officer. Anytime you preemptively put your hands on an officer its open season. Its not like he should be required to ID the girl before he defends himself. The officer should have tasered her. Arrested her for assault and interfereing with an arrest. The other girl should have gone for resisting arrest. Plain and simple.

These people need to learn, its not that hard to co-operate with the police. Especially for something so stupid.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Holy crap thats brutal!

I would say... only in America... but it's not.

Sometimes the world isn't so pretty.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To me the facts are fairly straightforward...

1. We do not know EXACTLY what transpired before the video. As which, we can only go by what we see on the video.

2. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER was attemtping to make an arrest on someone who had already broken a law (jaywalking), had already disregarded his instructions (walking away from the cruiser).

3. The arestee began to resist (misdemeanor) and verbally assault the officer (public disorderly).

4. In her resistance, she begins to physically fight the officer (felony).

5. A female counterpart enters the melee places her hands on the officer (felony).

6. Officer defends himself in a situation in which he is facing multiple attackers, surrounded by a suffocating group of hooting and hollering bystanders all with cameras in extended arms.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sorry double post
[edit on 15-6-2010 by vimanarider]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by vimanarider]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vimanarider

Regardless, unless the women was an extreme danger to the public, she shouldn't have been assaulted like that. She is a free citizen and force was initiated against her when the cop decided to stop her. I'm sure that she didn't approach the cop, rather I'm sure he approached her. We should have the liberty to not have force initiated against us, period.

--airspoon

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join