It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The idiot in pink wasnt part of it at all until she decided to interject herself into the situation for no reason.

She walked up to the cop, laid her hands on him numerous times before she got punched.

If the idiot ink pink would have minded her own business and let her friend deal with the cop issuing the jaywalking citation, none of this wouldve happened.

incidentally, stop making me defend cops. It kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Bottom line: The choices the retard in pink made are what brought this on.

I think jaywalking laws are stupid, unconstitutional, and all about revenue, as are 99% of all laws, but committing battery on a cop is not the proper way to redress a grievance.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Cop handled the situation poorly and he had no right to punch a civilian in the face like that. Lucky for her somebody was filming and hopefully the charge against her will be dropped.

On the other hand, people like this irritate me. Why can't she just stop talking and stop acting like a little brat? The chances of getting off are much higher if you act civilised and do not provoke an officer to do something stupid.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Once the civilian (using that term loosely since she was anything but civil) laid her hands on the cop, he gained the right to defend himself against future attacks.

Say what you will about cops, but like everyone else, they are not expected to just stand around and let people lay a beating on them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I live in the area, and people act like she does on a daily basis.

The cop should have handled it better, is he possibly new to the job?

The girl was out of line, and if they wouldn't have resisted in the first place she wouldn't have got hit.

My question is, if people are going to act like that towards people who are armed, what would they do to people who aren't armed in a REAL SHTF situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Cops think they are gods nowdays.

Dead cops dont eat donughts!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Once upon a time...I taught school. Each quarter, I'd have at least one student that basically fits the description of the girl that got punched in the mouth. Each quarter, the student fitting that description would openly challenge me during class. She wouldn't challenge the subject matter, she couldn't because she never read the book or completed the course work, but my position as the leader of the class.

I usually ignored her...as I already knew the personality type...as I had once had classmates that fit this little girls description.

I used to think to myself...little girl one day you will learn a lesson about respect.

It seems that day is today...this little girl got hit in her big mouth in front of 300 Million people and the person that did it won't even be reprimanded.

She had it coming, believe me.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by bruxfinn]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What I gathered from the article was the cop was nailing a guy for jaywalking. Then a group of girls jaywalks in the same place. The cop calls them over to write tickets for them as well because it would be wrong for him to ticket the guy and not the girls.

The girl in the black shirt decides she wants to get arrested (what else does she expect with her idiotic behavior?) then the girl in the pink decides to stick her nose into it. She shoves the cop and he defends himself.

Do I think he should of handled it differently? Maybe, but without seeing it from his perspective, how can anyone say for sure they would not feel threatened enough to punch that girl as well? We just don't know because we are not in his shoes.

Also, I noticed that the girl in pink looked right at the camera and that makes her actions even more suspect IMO. Was she going for youtube fame? Maybe she wanted to show her friends how cool she was for shoving a cop? Who knows, but IMO she knew the camera was rolling & it affected her attitude towards the officer.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Was the jay walking man the guy in the Salwar kameez (Muslim pants). In fact there are quite a few Muslims in this picture. I also see that we have the Abu Bakr & Cham Muslim Refugee Center-Mosque right by here.

So what's new? The Muslims seem to think they can jay walk & then get the PO viciously set upon, while all the time filming the event! The "people of color" are clearly disrespecting the officah, shouting in his face & causing a public disturbance. The officah's response is pretty restrained in my view.

Please, spare us this "Punches 17 year old" nonsense.

This could be a set up by the jay walking Muslims looking for trouble.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The girl was pushing officer so yes she commited assault,seems her big foul mouth got her punched in face,I was always brought up you never raise a hand to a women,so neither looks good here

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
First of all. Was it wrong for that cop to punch that woman the way he did? Yes. He should have stuck to how he had been trained on how to restrain people. Apparently he wasn't.

Secondly, if you got a woman, 17 yrs old or not, who is going to act like a man with a cop? She deserves to be treated like one.

I know I would have done a better job of restraining that woman than that police-officer.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by joechip

the two girls got physical. they both talked back to the cop and disrespected him. what did you expect him to do? address them with firm language?
[edit on 15-6-2010 by grey580]

Yeah. Command-presence. "Verbal-Judo". That's how it's suppose to work. The suspect still doesn't get the point? Then you go hands-on.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

She assaulted a police officer they are in their means to do that...

poke,shove,spit,punch,tap etc is an assault on a officer.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Cops are trained to "take control of the situation", plain and simple.

His response was properly measured...He could just as easily have tackled her and driven her face into the concrete; like I see them do on the show Cops all of the time.

she's lucky. her only lasting scar will be the embarrassment of being punched in the mouth and arrested in front of 300 Million people.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Damn.. talk about one dumbass cop. There really is NO question has to whether to cop was in the right, or in the wrong. HE WAS IN THE WRONG. Why?

This stupid, pointless confrontation was over JAY WALKING

Someone taking his job a little to seriously? I think so. And I'm not a cop, but I'm pretty sure that striking a female in the face with a closed fist is not a proper way to detain someone.

Cop was lucky everyone else had a cool head .. that prick could have been torn apart by a mob.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My posts clearly show that I hate the police!!

BUT in this instance the cop has now choice but to exert some authority. He is outnumbered and she and her friend are resisting arrest and causing problems

You should never put your hands on a cop unless you mean to do some serious harm to him or her.

And its all because she is female. I believe in equal rights. Whether your female or male you step out of line...you get a punch in the face.

I hate people who think they can mouth off (and then be protected by the law) and get away with it. I never let anyone get away with mouthing me off. You do that and you get a smack around the chops.

That girl who got the punch in the face is lucky she did not get shot or at least pepper sprayed and tasered.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The cop was assaulted first. He's well within his rights to defend himself in line of duty.

It looks like they slapped him or something, you are right.

But to punch a woman in the face?

Let me change what i said earlier: fire him or not, him being physically capable of punching a woman in the face tells me what kind of person he is, even if he has a nice guy facade.

I would not be able to physically complete the act of punching a woman. I cannot fathom how people could do it. I shudder to think that those types of people are in law enforcement, but it explains a lot.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Anyone with an ounce of self respect and dignity would be able to defend themselves regardless of the gender of their attacker.

Would you have preferred he lock her up in a choke and drive her face first into the street?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

When the cop asks you to do something. You do it.

What orders would that include?

What if the cop tells you to leave a public place?
What if a cop tries to arrest you for "resisting arrest"?
What if a cop tells you you cannot make a speech?
What if a cop tells you that your race is not allowed in certain zones?
What if a cop tells you to tell him where all the Jews are?
What if a cop tries to arrest a political enemy and tells you not to interfere?
What if a cop orders you to stand next to a ditch while he and his buddies execute you and all of your friends?

Where do you draw the line?

This guy was clearly on a power trip. Jaywalking? Who's the victim in that "crime"???
This show of force is so ridiculously unnecessary, and the cop on video is clearly someone who likes to hide behind his badge while he roughs up the public and shows them who's boss.

I don't feel one bit safer knowing this guy punches women in the face because somebody jaywalked.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

A cop shouldn't be trying to ticket several people at once for jay walking. Hell. He shouldn't be ticketing people for jaywalking! How about a verbal warning, a hey miss, did you know that's dangerous? .. No .. he wanted to be the extortionist, sanctioned by the city, to wring money out of every person he can, and ticket them for some ungodly sum for crossing the street. Then this piece of trash tries to arrest the girls because they hurt his ego and embarrassed him in front of the bus station.

Please don't support fascist pigs like this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

the two girls got physical. they both talked back to the cop and disrespected him.

"Disrespect" is a noun, not a verb. Get educated.
Talking back is an exercise of free speech. Get educated.
Respect is earned, not forced. Get educated.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join