It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

take him down for what? being assaulted?

he did the right thing. everyone is lucky he didn't pull his gun.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If a cop can't handle a situation like this without throwing punches, he doesn't deserve to be a cop. And jaywalking, 'are you serious!' Let's get real here, the thug, um, I mean cop, was looking for a problem, and found one. They wonder why people call them 'pigs.' It has to do with a culture of disrespecting citizens. Disrespecting freedom, disrespecting America.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Did you even watch the video?

the two girls got physical. they both talked back to the cop and disrespected him. what did you expect him to do? address them with firm language?

though i will agree. he needs to go back for more training. he was pretty weak handling the two.
he should have maced or tazed the two girls.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by grey580]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I look at this video. I see one woman struggling/resisting with the officer. Another jumps in and tries to pull the officer off of her. At this point both women are struggling with him and the officer defends himself very legally and just as he should.

Bottom line, the woman should not haven been struggling and that other woman DID assault him. That officer was within his rights to defend himself as he did when she attacked him.

That is all there is too this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Get the badge number, file a complaint, and seize the cops bonds.

Boom he is instantly out of work.

And screwed like every other person now.

This is why it is good to know how to read, write, and speak.

There is slave speak, which most people unknowingly do.

Google, is might be your friend, it does log everything entered

It doesn't really work like that in the real world, Quickfix... unless you believe in magic, prana and Santa Claus.

Of course in some conditions filing complaints MIGHT work, but it's always up to what the police chiefs or the ethics office will decide. And are most police chiefs on the side of the oppressed? Hardly. Trials for police brutality often last for years and end up with light sentences like cops being suspended of their jobs when they have committed crimes like assault or even murder.

One more case of a macho goon in uniform beating a women...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

A. She swung at the cop first. B. So she richly deserved it. C. We wouldn't be having this conversation if she were white.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

A. She swung at the cop first. B. So she richly deserved it. C. We wouldn't be having this conversation if she were white.

yeah, there yah go, make this about race, that'll give yah credibility

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
By no means am I a fan of police, but nothing wrong with this video at all.

That idiot in pink had no right to come at the guy, nor lay her hands on him. Once she did, she opened herself up to being restrained.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I wonder if they're going to consider charging the cameraman with wiretapping offenses...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well if the girl wouldn't have been head butting the officer in the fist, she wouldn't be getting charged with assaulting an officer. I mean... helloooooo.

My comments are:

#1. To the girls: Don't resist arrest and KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE POLICE, stupid!

#2. To the cop: Don't punch girls, jerk face!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The best course of action this officer could have taken was to simply get in his patrol car and leave. Let's keep in mind here, that the original alleged "offense" was for jaywalking. He should have seen that the original offense and his continuing presence was causing unnecessary disorder, and he should have left.

Would it have been worth it to leave, gain an arrest warrant and then pursued the "assailant" after things have calmed down, in order to arrest the woman in a more peaceful manner? If not, and it was judged to be completely not worth it, especially after-the-fact, then what was the point of him being there?

Oh, that's right, to exercise his right to "be respected" at all costs. A right in which many cops no longer have, as people are sick of it. Give respect, gain respect. Harassing someone over jaywalking is quite asinine, and he deserved to be henpecked. He certainly wasn't within his rights to punch a woman in the face.

He's lucky he wasn't in an area where striking a woman is considered a virtual capital offense. In most areas, the men would have jumped this cop and subdued him, maybe even given him a ridiculous street beating. You don't punch a woman (a teenage girl actually) in the face, ever.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordTacos
Although I don't agree that the officer should have punched the girl in the face, she deserved it. You don't just go up to an officer trying to subdue another person and try to forcefully separate them from each other. It doesn't matter what the offense was, whether it was jaywalking or anything else; let the officer take you off to the side and give a ticket or warning or whatever. This isn't solely the officer's fault and I can see why he would get so annoyed that he punched the girl in the face. Maybe if we had more people punch others, who deserve it for being stupid, in the face, the officer wouldn't have had to.

If you don't want unnecessary brutality then don't antagonize an officer just stopping someone for jaywalking. I wouldn't even consider it real "brutality" just because it was a single punch and not them laying her out on the ground and continuing to beat her like they could probably have gotten away with since she started the trouble.

Beat on many women lately Mr Tacos? IMO you are not suppose to hit a woman and if you are that afraid of an unarmed woman who is just yelling fowl language at you, you need a new job. Bet if that were your mother you wouldn't have said that.
Now if the woman was beating the crap out of him then its self defense. But if you are putting yourself in a position to teach someone a lesson, then you need jail time yourself. Case closed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Some observations
did the cop arrest the first jaywalker?
Why did the cop chose to escalate the jaywalking by arresting the girl?
It was mentioned there was a crowd forming the officer was worried about losing he control of, so he hits a minor? Way to take the fight out of a potential mob, hit a minor girl who is being a 17 yr old PITA. right?
So , just how much "force" is excessive in the enforcement of Jaywalking laws?
By one scale posted the officer was one step below deadly force over jaywalking laws.

Anybody else see the larger picture here? It is that the law is excused for using excessive force for minor offenses.
The girls were disrespectful so were made an example of, they were only jaywalking though not committing a genuine "crime". A simple shout out to use the overpass would have served the situation far better than smacking a minor female while arresting her friend for the serious crime of jay walking.

Shouldn't the police reserve the use of force for arresting actual criminals? or are we served by our LE not having enough crowd control to prevent a gaggle of teen age girls , jay walking, from turning into an arrest of one teen and the punching of a a minor female which would land most of us in jail despite our best excuses.
Time to quit making excuses for resorting to excess force no matter what the conditions of the job.

Not that long ago the police would have handled all this without the drama and brought the kid home so dad could whoop her arse for provoking a cop and the other chick would have a jaywalking ticket.No one would have been arrested or struck.

But then it IS law enforcement now not pubic servant.
N.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

OK, we know where you think you were going with that one, but try this on for size - the issue wasn't she was black, but that she was a woman. White, black or purple, punching a woman in the face as a first reaction is wrong!
Besides are you all that much a pansy that a woman pushes you you cry and gotta hit her?
Boy oh boy!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

What a ridiculous statement. He tried pushing her away and she kept coming back for more.

regardless of the attacker, the means of self defense remain the same.

Notice how she backed off after getting punched.

his defense worked, much like it should have.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Ah yes, what a professional.

He successfully defended himself from two teenage girls, after getting into a "scuffle" from a jaywalking offense.

Are you even listening to yourself? Or are you like the rest of "the others" in this thread where you think "disrespecting an officer" is a heinous crime?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This all happen because of jaywalking. Oh No the horror.

I guess in Seatle there is no crime so they have to make everyday actions crime.

Can you say Police State.

However I think the cop was in the right the video clearly shows that he was being assulted. But all this for crossing a street.... Come on.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Nope, actually I hate cops with an extreme prejudice. They are nothing but revenue agents for a corrupt government.

That being said, they are also not punching bags.

If the idiot in the pink wouldve never laid her hands on him, she wouldnt have gotten punched.

Pink idiot initiated actions, and she suffered the consequence of her choice.

Would you prefer the cop just stand there and let her beat on him?

Do you also live by that theory in your personal life? You dont mind if people come and lay their hands on you right? You would never react in self defense?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I saw the tape. And I once visited Seattle. Upon arrival at the Hotel I was told that the city strickly enforces jaywalking laws. That was 12 years ago.

It seems to me that the little girl got what she needed...a lesson in what happens when you challenge the lawful authority. That guy has a badge...she does not. Not to mention that the girl that got busted in the chops wasn't the subject of the original detention. Perhaps children need to learn to mind their own business.

I think she'll learn a powerful lesson from all of this and the cop should skate free and clear. If this had gone down after sundown, this whole thing may have been a death investigation.

anyway. The cops are the law and until they decide to renounce the law they'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

You seem to be missing the point that he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. I don't look at the video and see the situation escalating "immediately" as the 'girl in pink' approaches the cop. I see the situation escalate well before the video, when the cop decided to make a ridiculous scene over jaywalking and trying to "exercise his authority" for superficial respect.

He put himself in that situation. Arresting a teenage girl for jaywalking, in which she no doubt had a huge problem with, as would anyone, and her friend was scared. Teenage girls man.. these are not just some street thugs. Like I said before, he's lucky he didn't spark a sudden mob gathering.

This is the sort of thing that causes civil unrest. All because he wanted to play moral authority and the big tough guy. Then the area gets out of control, people are warier of police more than ever, and civil unrest continues to rise.

Go after the criminals. Cops deserve whatever comes to them when they try to harass people for absolutely nothing.

I look outside the box. It would have been different if she came out of nowhere, unprovoked, for no reason and tried to assault the officer. Instead, this was a ridiculous scene, and everyone was upset. I mean, look at the crowd. Everyone was telling him to stop, and to calm down. He was on a power trip. He wasn't "defending himself" from assault, he was being a bully and a monster.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by SyphonX]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join