Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 5
38
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Looking at the pedestrian overpass which is in the video they must of had a good reason to spend that kind of money to put something like that in for people to use. Probly a lot of accidents where people were hit by cars crossing the road. So Jaywalking across a major highway that has no pedestrian crossing paths due to a pedestrian overpass or bridge is a little different then not crossing at the intersection where the pedestrian crossing paths ussually are.

Plus I figured out why the cop was so upset. They interupted his lunch break. His lunch that is on the hood of the car is getting cold and then the girl knocks his napkin and plastic fork off the hood.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by JBA2848]




posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There is no justification for this, period. Ugh.



[edit on 15-6-2010 by justinsweatt]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
it seems these days that ANYTHING a cop does with "excessive force" is deemed as police brutality....

dont resist, and you wont get hurt. dont interfere, and you wont get hurt. both girls got what was coming to them. and i would take a punch to the face over a taser to the heart any day. and not to be racist, but if i was a white guy surrounded by a bunch of black people getting rowdy, 2 getting very hostile, and you would see use all the brute force i had to keep them back and away from me.

as for all of you thinking the officer is weak because he cant handle a little girl... have you ever really tried to hold down an irate girl before? its harder than pinning down a guy sometimes, i dont care how small. im 5'8, 185lbs, athletic with a big build, and when me and my 105lb, 5'2 girlfriend play wrestle and she goes all out, i get exhausted trying to get a hold of her because shes moving around so much and flexible enough to bend in ways most guys cant. girls are crazy fighters. compare any video of a guy fight to a girl fight, and i bet the girl fight is going to look crazier and sometimes scarier.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From what I saw on that video, I can't fault the cope for punching her. And it didn't look like he punched her full force either.

He was having a hard enough time with the girl he trying to arrest, she was resisting arrest in a big way. The second girl, was asking for what she got by interferring with an officer trying to make an arrest, and by putting her hands on him.

He was alone and surrounded by a group of angry people, no backup had arrived yet. That situation could have gotten very nasty very fast. Heck if I was him I would've punched her too, she was a big girl. She's lucky he didn't use a taser on her.

This wasn't police brutality, it was an officer defending himself. What was he suppossed to do, stand there and let her hit him and prevent him from doing his job ?



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is pretty cut and dry. One is resisting, the other interfering with an arrest. They're lucky they didn't get it worse.

Be courteous and don't resist and the odds of you getting your ass kicked by the police decrease significantly.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
 


You can not deny that there are two sides to every story.
We only see one side of the story. Sure the lady got punched, but what did she do to deserve it?
When the video starts you see her resisting the officer. So what did she do to get hands on with him?
I would like the full story not half.
On a side note, I never had that much trouble cuffing anyone. Some women were wiry but with them brute force and wristlocks always overcame any situation.
This cop needs to be fired for either being a wuss or just unfit for duty.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Do any of you have sisters?

What if I saw one of them walking with some friends and one of them spits on the sidewalk - something which is illegal in some places - So I tell them to come over to my car.

They come over, but the spitter "gets mouthy" and starts walking away, so I forcibly grab her by the wrist and try to subdue her.
A struggle ensues, and it's clearly one-sided.

Your sister tries to stop me from bullying her friend (which I'm doing for no good reason,) so I sock her in the eye, and continue on with my "business."

Defending my actions would bring you right down to my [disgusting, low] level, no matter what your reasoning is...


[edit on 15-6-2010 by alaskan]


Your argument doesn't hold water.

If the cop says do something. Then you do it.
If you assault an officer. You go to jail.

She got what she deserved.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
 


You can not deny that there are two sides to every story.
We only see one side of the story. Sure the lady got punched, but what did she do to deserve it?
When the video starts you see her resisting the officer. So what did she do to get hands on with him?
I would like the full story not half.
On a side note, I never had that much trouble cuffing anyone. Some women were wiry but with them brute force and wristlocks always overcame any situation.
This cop needs to be fired for either being a wuss or just unfit for duty.


okay i made my position pretty clear before:

"just so i'm clear on my position on this subject.

1. i don't agree with how they reacted towards this cop before the video, and during.
2. both sides are in the wrong.
3. i don't agree with any grown man punching a 17yr old girl in the face, no matter what. there's other ways this could have been handled. if he felt threatened, then he could have always called for backup.
4. my reactions towards cops is in no way related to these girls, i have nothing but respect for cops and what they do."

also i posted the source that had the article of what happened before the video started. so i don't get how u say u don't have the whole story?



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You do NOT resist arrest.

You do NOT interfere with a Police apprehension of a suspect.


If one decides to act unlawful, and chooses to disobey such rules, FORCE will be used to stabilize the situation.

You have only YOURSELF to blame from thereon.

The job of a Police officer is difficult enough without FOOLS acting like ANIMALS whom cannot control themselves in the face of authority.

I consider the officer JUSTIFIED in his actions, and I would have been MUCH harsher if I were that officer in that situation.






[edit on 15-6-2010 by Shine71]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think this is weak and I think those of you that are justifying this cops action is a little weak as well. What do you want to bet that this officer has military training? And what do they do in the Military? They train you to kill and use brute force. Not exactly something we should be encouraging when we want some one to be a peace officer. It looked to me like the officer was just itching for a fight and I do think he used excessive force for what amounts to nothing more than a misdemeanor. Give her a ticket and go on your way. What was he doing physically restraining someone for Jaywalking? That just doesn't hold up here as a valid argument. While she should have just backed down a little and gone to jail, maybe people are sick of being treated like they are terrorists whenever they create a misdemeanor offense.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
 


I'm normally on the side of police coming from a large family of cops, but that was uncalled for. The officer wasn't in any real danger and he only got pushed. He should have gone to his tazer instead of throwing punches. Oh well, we're all human and you can only push somebody so far before they react like that.

I think the girl was in the wrong, but has a strong case against the cop and the department.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think about this really.

We have a woman resisting arrest, and then another woman interfering.

I am hardly EVER on a cops side, but I'm not sure what to think of this video.

He could have been batoning them, tazing, or even shooting. At least he was able to keep his temper from getting deathly serious.

Like I said, I am rarely on a cops side, but what else was there to do? I know punching is going overboard.


We have police officers here on ATS, I would like to see their input.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The_Zomar]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
She deserved it.
She got involved into something that she should have stayed out of.
If I were the cop I would have tased her.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I think this is weak and I think those of you that are justifying this cops action is a little weak as well. What do you want to bet that this officer has military training? And what do they do in the Military? They train you to kill and use brute force. Not exactly something we should be encouraging when we want some one to be a peace officer. It looked to me like the officer was just itching for a fight and I do think he used excessive force for what amounts to nothing more than a misdemeanor. Give her a ticket and go on your way. What was he doing physically restraining someone for Jaywalking? That just doesn't hold up here as a valid argument. While she should have just backed down a little and gone to jail, maybe people are sick of being treated like they are terrorists whenever they create a misdemeanor offense.



I'm sure that the officer didn't begin the encounter this way.
However the girls escalated the encounter by resisting arrest and assaulting the police officer.

If they had been polite with the officer and maybe treated him with a little respect then maybe the officer might have let them off with a warning. But instead they started talking trash and well garbage in garbage out.

They got what they deserved. The cop should have pulled out his taser and tased the crap out of that girl. Both of them in fact.

When you act like trash talking scum then you get treated like trash talking scum. You shouldn't complain when you get what you deserve.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by grey580]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
 


Only if everyone could see this clearly. Exactly the same way I'm thinking here. Star!


[edit on 15-6-2010 by NoJoker13]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The cop did a great job and they got what was coming to them. Maybe they should try sitting down, shutting the hell up and following instructions. Idiots can't just start grabbing a hold of a cop just because they don't like their friend getting stopped and or arrested. Stay the heck out of his face, and keep your stinking hands to yourself if you don't want punched in the face. Personally if I was a cop I would have simply tazed them both and been done with it.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i see two things:

1. a cop that assaulted a civilian and should lose his job and pay her medical costs.

2. civilians, including the victim, that don't know how to act in public. they have a chip on their shoulder and were all too happy to berate the cop.

Yep, when a-hole collide, poop is bound to splatter.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why *snip* didn't someone take that cop down. I would have went for a choke hold on the guys neck right after he punched the girl in the head. Everyone man standing there watching that is pathetic. This makes me sick.

edited to remove offensive language.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by gallopinghordes]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
The cop did a great job and they got what was coming to them. Maybe they should try sitting down, shutting the hell up and following instructions. Idiots can't just start grabbing a hold of a cop just because they don't like their friend getting stopped and or arrested. Stay the heck out of his face, and keep your stinking hands to yourself if you don't want punched in the face. Personally if I was a cop I would have simply tazed them both and been done with it.


or pepper spray them. either one is preferrable to punching a lady in the face.

do they only teach chivalry down here in Texas or something?



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


The cop was assaulted first. He's well within his rights to defend himself in line of duty.





 
38
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join