It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle officer punches girl in face during jaywalking stop

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

I don't cry when the police die cause they probably deserved it,
Run around with a badge & a gun
And they god damn f#ck with everyone.
Enforce rules made by fools,
Violence and fear their tools
They dress to oppress with their laws they arrest
And they leave us powerless

[edit on 16-6-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Maybe it is late for you. Should I have included more baseless insults and ranting attacking the character of a person I do not know in my response? I want to make sure you feel the same respect from me that I felt from you.

Aw I'm sorry man.

I am tired it's a bit past my bed time actually.

I meant no disrespect to you bud. and yes my post was totally stupid and lacking in substance.

I don't know if your a cop or not but you do express your opinions in a very decent manner. I apologise If I insulted you in anyway.

I just really don't like Cops. they have never not once in my life been there for me. I have a clean record and I'm the most law abiding citizen you'll ever meet in your life. But these police in America, California to be precise have tainted my view of them irrevocably forever maybe.

Since the age of 5 years they have done nothing but put my life at risk with their modeling and lack of human essence or respect for life.

I have a big bone to pick with Cops, a real big bone, But that's just my opinion of them and I do apologise if I cause you any offence no matter what or who you are or think about Cops.

thanks for the level headed reply to get me back to my senses.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Those types have no respect for the law and they were resisting. No respect for law, order, or society...those types are leaches on society.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Well, like I said in my first post they're stupid teenage girls.

Still I think sometimes we/they take some laws far too seriously. We don't live in a War zone. They're supposed to be policing and educating their community members, not the enemy.

Just as the girls could have been more respectful, the cop could have had more flexibility or understanding and handled the situation better.

He should be trained in less combative methods of dealing with this type of resistance to authority by those who come from a community that has distrust of police.

He went into Swat mode, battle mode or whatever you want to call it. He should have more outs available to him, but it seems this is the way he has been trained and I believe it is wrong. Any resistance - fully escalate and detain by whatever force necessary.

Again, under our current rules - the cop did what he was trained to do whether or not we agree with either parties behavior.

Just because it's the law doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. Hell, I break the law nearly every day when I go 1 mph over the speed limit - big deal. The law is just a guideline, most the time it is unenforced sometimes it is.

I'd jaywalk if and when I'm running behind just like I speed sometimes. Though I'm old enough to just pay the fine if I get caught, I'm not stupid.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I see a woman resisting.

I see another woman interfering with the officer
And placing her hands on him.

Now, should he have struck her, eh, in the heat of the
Moment, maybe he feared that all the people present were
Going to attack him? We don’t know.

They could have been pepper sprayed or tazed, but it wouldn’t matter
Everyone would still jump all over this claiming the officer was out of line.

I don't see a tazer or pepper spray on his belt. Some departments don't use them.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by joechip

the two girls got physical. they both talked back to the cop and disrespected him. what did you expect him to do? address them with firm language?
[edit on 15-6-2010 by grey580]

Yeah. Command-presence. "Verbal-Judo". That's how it's suppose to work. The suspect still doesn't get the point? Then you go hands-on.

Unfortunately we don't have the entire altercation on tape from beginning to end to see wether or not he did use his verbal judo.
I imagine that based on his actual judo. his verbal judo was weak.
in any case i'll give the cop the benefit of a doubt that he first tried to peacefully resolve the situation before it escalated to what we see on tape.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Just another video of a dirty rotten worthless cop escalating things out of control because those women didn't "respect his authoratah!". What a case again. The cop is an ass, it's JAYWALKING for the love of Pete! He should have never bothered them in the first place. Worthless cop. He should try treating people with respect and understand that if you nitpick and pester people for the dumbest things you are gonna get a bad reaction. Oh yeah and good for the girls, some cop doesn't deserve respect just because he has a gun and badge. Man cops are so worthless...

Maybe this cop works the same beat every day and has warned those idiots not to jaywalk and they showed the exact same lack or respect for his warning as they displayed in the video. We don't know the history between the cop and the girl.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The cop was assaulted first. He's well within his rights to defend himself in line of duty.

It looks like they slapped him or something, you are right.

But to punch a woman in the face?

Let me change what i said earlier: fire him or not, him being physically capable of punching a woman in the face tells me what kind of person he is, even if he has a nice guy facade.

I would not be able to physically complete the act of punching a woman. I cannot fathom how people could do it. I shudder to think that those types of people are in law enforcement, but it explains a lot.

I think a punch in the face is better than a pepper spray, taze or gun shot.

The guy was in a scary situation with alot of people around him and he was fighting 2 people. The one girl should have NEVER gotten into his face and pushed the cop. That's assault. I think he used an approriate level of force to deal with her. And he didn't escalate his force by pulling out something to deal with her.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Originally posted by backwherewestarted
It's amazing how many people on ATS will post with their mind made up and ignore anything in the video or the facts and shout their outrage.

yeah but u gotta remember this was all because of jaywalking. this whole stop was unnecessary, that's why it escalated to where it did. i honestly feel cops should have a 10 min. course in empathy everyday before going on patrol.

Are you serious? Again, I wouldn't be surprised if those girls blew off previous warnings from the cop. Classes on empathy...perhaps but not until people, like the "ladies" in the video, take classes on respect and how to act in public.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

Well if you're smart enough you'd get lost and live to fight another day.
And then sue the crap out of them for infringing on your rights.

Listen it doesn't matter if he's giving the girls a ticket for littering.
if you mouth off to a cop and then resist arrest then that's your fault for being an idiot.

Here's your darwin award. have a nice day.

why can't people just admit they are at fault and then take their punishment like an adult?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by technical difficulties

Let's see...

I'm a moron
I "play the race card".
I'm a possible "troll".

All because I state my opinion. Perhaps you need to realize that everyone is intitled to an opinion without resorting to name calling. This IS a violation of terms and conditions of ATS membership, IMO.

Ok, I was wrong. I assumed you were bringing up race in that post, due to you mentioning the fact the officer was white and the woman was black. Concerning the rest of your post: You don't interfere with officer arresting someone, ever. That's what the other woman (as in the one not being arrested, but pushing the cop from the girl who is being arrested, which you would know if you actually watched the video) did.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

the two girls got physical. they both talked back to the cop and disrespected him.

"Disrespect" is a noun, not a verb. Get educated.
Talking back is an exercise of free speech. Get educated.
Respect is earned, not forced. Get educated.

This is why when we get pulled over by the cops I'll get away with a warning.

And you'll be dragged out of your car tazered, beaten and taken to jail.

How bout you get off your high horse and just treat everyone equally with respect and consideration. No matter of their race or gender or job description.

My dad used to say, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They both were fighting with the cop! Resisting arrest! No sympathy here what so ever.

You don't resist arrest no matter what it's for. There also has to be more to it, jaywalking? I don't see someone getting arrested for jaywalking. I haven't read the thread yet, so if anyone knows what actually happened that would be great.

I don't condone cops hitting people but when he is trying to arrest someone and that person is resisting and pushing him and then her stupid friend comes over and gets in the way well they are lucky he didn't tase them.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The police are predatory extortionists working for a criminal mob. There is no such thing as a jaywalking "Law". It's a total extortion tactic. This situation exists solely because the cop is trying to generate profit for the city. Some of that profit funnels to retirement funds for judges and some back to the IMF and from there to the elitists via the Queen of England and some goes to the Vatican. The policy enforcer was the sole criminal at the scene the other people where defending freedom.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
The police are predatory extortionists working for a criminal mob. There is no such thing as a jaywalking "Law". It's a total extortion tactic. This situation exists solely because the cop is trying to generate profit for the city. Some of that profit funnels to retirement funds for judges and some back to the IMF and from there to the elitists via the Queen of England and some goes to the Vatican. The policy enforcer was the sole criminal at the scene the other people where defending freedom.

Ok why don't you jaywalk in places like NYC or in CA where there is a lot of traffic. Jaywalking the way I look at it is in a way to keep people in the same area to cross the street...so they don't get hit! If people just started crossing all over the place guaranteed more people would get hit by cars and could die. I don't see anything wrong with jaywalking laws...Also not all cops are "predatory extortionists working for a criminal mob" My uncle is a cop as well are quite a few of my friends. Just because there are some bad seeds, as with ANY job, you can't group all cops in that category. Some yes but not all....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView

Dude put your tin foil hat on and take a xanax.
Reality is calling. Come back and join the rest of humanity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
cab driver or whatever you are; im not al sharpton and have never stated i represent any organisations. the chick should have been man handled like an animal for taken her liberty to act like a high school fight is an arrest with an officer.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Is that your final answer?

It's funny because I think the little girl is the one that works for the IMF, the British Queen and the Vatican. And that she is their policy enforcer.

Like the groups mentioned above, she is the illegitimate extortionist; possessing no lawful authority and quite clearly being the aggressor.

She built no streets for which she can claim to cross at anyplace and as a minor probably doesn't even pay taxes.

Its sad really that so many people are about to die because they believe the lies you tell.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well that is commendable and I congratulate you. You are resilient and have a lot of patience. You deserve a pat on the back for leading by example of not using violence to respond to violence against you.

Now, have you ever dated a Radical Feminist and asked her kindly to make you lunch? Didn't think so...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

My dad used to say, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Those are words to live by,and very good advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join